Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/24/2002 5:59:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/24/2002 6:01:43 AM EDT by Olyhater]
It happened again, yesterday. Me and a friend are out shooting at Sicamore creek. when some group of assholes back there truck up, unload a bunch of crap, shoots mindlessly at it for an hour, then JUST DRIVES AWAY LEAVING ALL OF THEIR SHIT IN THE DESERT. Then Joe Anti calls the Forrest Service and Complains about the shooters trashing the area. Pretty soon another sweet shooting spot is lost due to white trash idiots.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 6:07:57 AM EDT
And I bet they had Norinco SKSes and were pretty durn proud of themselves being able to hit the backstop shooting from the hip.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 6:09:34 AM EDT
It's not like you're the PC police, but did you get their tag and report the littering to the appropriate folks? If you want to keep your favorite shooting areas, you owe it to all of us to keep those areas open. Those folks would have littered whether or not they were shooting and I'd drop a dime on them for littering.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 7:25:54 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Kar98: And I bet they had Norinco SKSes and were pretty durn proud of themselves being able to hit the backstop shooting from the hip.
View Quote
exactly... they're sitting there shooting .308 and .223 into the hillside which is only 15 yards away. I guess they just like the sound of gunfire. What ever happened to marksmanship skills?
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 7:28:04 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Arock: It's not like you're the PC police, but did you get their tag and report the littering to the appropriate folks? If you want to keep your favorite shooting areas, you owe it to all of us to keep those areas open. Those folks would have littered whether or not they were shooting and I'd drop a dime on them for littering.
View Quote
No, we didn't get the Licence number. I don't think i would feel right calling the authorities. Plus we shoot the same spot all of the time, and i wouldn't want to run into the asshole out there again. Usually we'll just pick up more stuff then we brought out.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 7:50:21 AM EDT
[soapbox] ..i've seen people bring out Old TV's, Fiberglass Cows, or even automotive parts. one shot to the television tube and its over. then the dumb ass just drives off and leaves it there.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 7:52:40 AM EDT
Leave it to a bunch of dumbasses to spoil it for everyone. As big a pain as it is becoming to be a firearm owner, any idiot can go out and get one
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 7:57:11 AM EDT
Originally Posted By markm: [soapbox] ..i've seen people bring out Old TV's, Fiberglass Cows, or even automotive parts. one shot to the television tube and its over. then the dumb ass just drives off and leaves it there.
View Quote
I have seen the same thing. It makes me cry, just like that indian dude from those commercials.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 8:15:11 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Olyhater:
Originally Posted By Kar98: And I bet they had Norinco SKSes and were pretty durn proud of themselves being able to hit the backstop shooting from the hip.
View Quote
exactly... they're sitting there shooting .308 and .223 into the hillside which is only 15 yards away. I guess they just like the sound of gunfire. What ever happened to marksmanship skills?
View Quote
No no no...you overestimate these people. THEY ARE MORONS. Once you understand this fact, you will have a revelation, and all other aspects of their existance will come together. If I had an IQ of about 70, I'd get a kick out of shooting at hills from the hip at 15 yards over and over again!! [:)] Robby
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 9:02:28 AM EDT
the answer is enviroment friendly reactive targets. such as pumpkins for instance.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 9:08:45 AM EDT
Originally Posted By WolfAR15: the answer is enviroment friendly reactive targets. such as pumpkins for instance.
View Quote
naaaaw . . . I have a printer which has pissed me off like no pumpkin has. The difference is I will pick up the pieces and more after I have sent this piece of electronic junk to computer heaven. Also whenever I go out specifically to blow up junk, I go to places that already haven been ruined with junk all over so if I miss even a small piece during cleanup it still doesn't look any different than it did when I got there.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 3:11:17 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Olyhater: Usually we'll just pick up more stuff then we brought out.
View Quote
Man, everytime I go to Sicamore Creek, I start with an empty truck bed. When I am done, it is overflowing! I even put up a home made sign saying "Pack out what you Pack in!" and put it out there. I guess it is gone now. I remember one time I took a friend out there. Had fun. Picked up more stuff than I took in. Drove across the road to Four Peaks. Saw some female forest service, stopped and asked if I could put the stuff I collected in their trailer instead of hauling it back to town. The one forest service gal just glared at me and said "You have to haul your OWN trash back to town!" I returned with "Excuse me, but I just did my own good deed and picked up OTHER PEOPLES TRASH ACROSS THE ROAD! I AM HELPING YOU!" then left. Now the other forest service gal came running after me and said I could put the garbage in their trailer, and said thanks for helping. I swear the other one was PMS'ng.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 4:40:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/24/2002 4:46:35 PM EDT by PACorps]
Total damn bummer. Here in the greater Puget Sound Area in Washington state, we've seen a lot of places get shut down. I'm convinced only 1% is due to any shooting "dangers" while the other 99% is from the virtual garbage dumps these places become. I've been guilty as charged of doing this very thing a number of years ago, then realized how stupid it was--especially if I wanted to continue shooting there. In my neck of the woods, there is an organization ([url]friendsofthetrail.org[/url]) that goes around cleaning up the outdoors. They don't seem to have anything against plinking, just that you stay safe and responsible (i.e.: pick up your shit). Was thinking about donating some $ and/or time to them, emphasizing with them my desire to keep plinking places operational. For those in my area, I visited the old gravel pit up off North Fork Rd in the Snoqualmie Tree Farm outside North Bend this weekend, and it was a depressing site. It's been closed for the last 9-10 years, and there are two well-worn yellow eco-blocks with the words "NO TARGET SHOOTING" stenciled on them blocking the entrance. Various scrub trees have popped up in the pit, and there are a handful of ancient rusted casings about. Years ago, it was THE premier site for plinking, but I swear they had to haul out a new abandoned vehicle from that place at least once a month. The place now stands as a legacy to the results of pushing the limits of abusing good shooting spots. Hopefully this link will work--here's a cool arial photo: [url]www.globeexplorer.com/cfviewer/viewer.cfm?zoomScale=0.945&mode=recenter&zoomLevel=8&actionPerformed=pan&direction=7&masterSelected=0&detailSelected=0&lon=0&lat=0&formLayer=0&targetname=&poiFlag=&ts=&flash=yes&xul=-121.7427285&yul=47.5466089&xlr=-121.7346987&ylr=47.5422083&address=1+&city=north+bend&state=wa&zip=&feature_x=-121.7995&feature_y=47.4871[/url]
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 6:16:30 PM EDT
We just lost another in Colorado.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 3:41:22 AM EDT
We will keep losing spots like this as long as there are idiots who leave their trash.... and people like Olyhater who don't have the sense, balls or brains to turn them in. All that has to happen for evil to win is for good people to do nothing. People like Oly who witness trashing of our favorite spots, then deliberately refuse to do anything about it, disgust me. Merlin
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 8:21:48 AM EDT
Ever thought of picking up their shit? I go to a public range in the National Forest near me and it never ceases to amaze me the kind of idiots who are sometimes there. Trash all up and down the hillside, broken beer bottles, [i]people drinking and drunk while shooting[/i]!!!!, grotesquely unsafe weapons handling, etc, etc, etc. I normally try to pick up as much as I can find, but I can't get everything. I also pick up all the brass to recycle it (I only reload my own brass). It can be a pain in the ass to do that every range day, but it's my duty.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 8:43:00 AM EDT
Originally Posted By markm: [soapbox] ..i've seen people bring out Old TV's, Fiberglass Cows, or even automotive parts. one shot to the television tube and its over. then the dumb ass just drives off and leaves it there.
View Quote
It could be better then that at one place I shot in Mississippi there where about 5 deer bodys. Just shot and dumped for the hell of it the smell was so bad I had to leave also the wild dogs where coming to feast on them.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 9:31:10 AM EDT
we just lose our 75 year old ranges because people move in right next door and complain about the noise.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 1:47:47 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Merlin: We will keep losing spots like this as long as there are idiots who leave their trash.... and people like Olyhater who don't have the sense, balls or brains to turn them in. All that has to happen for evil to win is for good people to do nothing. People like Oly who witness trashing of our favorite spots, then deliberately refuse to do anything about it, disgust me. Merlin
View Quote
There is nothing worse than a snitch.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 1:57:50 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Merlin: We will keep losing spots like this as long as there are idiots who leave their trash.... and people like Olyhater who don't have the sense, balls or brains to turn them in. All that has to happen for evil to win is for good people to do nothing. People like Oly who witness trashing of our favorite spots, then deliberately refuse to do anything about it, disgust me. Merlin
View Quote
Look, Needle Dick... We were doing some shooting of our own. By the time we noticed they were leaving it was too late. We couldn't Load all of our shit and make a mad dash to write their Licence plate down. The terrain in the wash is to rugged to conduct a pursuit. We were better off just loading some shit in our vehicle and avoiding a confrontation.
Top Top