Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/19/2013 10:45:42 AM EDT
Just to drop it like its hot in the Senate. What are these folks doing with the left hand while they tried distracting us with the AWB in the right.

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 10:46:34 AM EDT
[#1]
It does seem odd that the UCF thing failed and they now "drop" it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 10:47:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Universal

Background

Checks

It is coming.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 10:48:20 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Universal

Background

Checks

It is coming.

This

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 10:48:33 AM EDT
[#4]
They sux
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 10:48:46 AM EDT
[#5]
I've said all along their real focus is going to be Immigration Reform. They want it bad because they think they can turn TX blue over time if they can get enough illegals to legal status and register them. If they can accomplish this they will control the White House, the House, The Senate and in time the SCOTUS. Once they control everything they can push their agenda ahead at full steam. We will be powerless to stop them.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 10:48:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Universal Background Checks

They propose a draconian infringement of rights, then offer a less draconian infringement of rights as a "compromise."

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 10:49:05 AM EDT
[#7]
And now this comes out...

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/21699182/poll-gop-nyers-ditch-democrat-cuomo-after-gun-law

was this all fueled by the tea party to seal the fate of the Democrats, since they have been giddy on their own presidential success, i wonder if they have been egged on by the tea party just to watch them burn in the end.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 10:49:23 AM EDT
[#8]
You don't get it, there are MANY who see this as a priority and legitimate use of time.  We call them leftists, and gun control carries a lot of weight with them.  We have no debt problem, just a gun problem!  The icing on the cake for them is that it totally puts a thumb in the eye of of their worst enemy (you).

I hope it dies, and when it does, I HOPE every single (D) in an unsafe district feels the consequences of the past 3 months of pushing civilian disarmament.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 10:50:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You don't get it, there are MANY who see this as a priority and legitimate use of time.  We call them leftists, and gun control carries a lot of weight with them.  We have no debt problem, just a gun problem!  The icing on the cake for them is that it totally puts a thumb in the eye of of their worst enemy (you).

I hope it dies, and when it does, I HOPE every single (D) in an unsafe district feels the consequences of the past 3 months of pushing civilian disarmament.

AWB is dead...
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 10:51:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Universal

Background

Checks

It is coming.

This  

Quoted:

They propose a draconian infringement of rights, then offer a less draconian infringement of rights as a "compromise."

This is my expectation, as well. It will take years to implement and oversee, but they'll make it happen if they can. The Republicans will go right along with it probably.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 10:55:28 AM EDT
[#11]
I smell a trap
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 10:56:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Universal

Background

Checks

It is coming.

That's part of it, she really really wanted a '13AWB though.  Seeing her dreams crushed makes me happy
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 10:59:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I've said all along their real focus is going to be Immigration Reform. They want it bad because they think they can turn TX blue over time if they can get enough illegals to legal status and register them. If they can accomplish this they will control the White House, the House, The Senate and in time the SCOTUS. Once they control everything they can push their agenda ahead at full steam. We will be powerless to stop them.

They need to disarm us first.
Their timeline got messed up, fineswine got uppity and jumped in the middle of it too soon, she has been curbed for now and they can continue incrementalism.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 11:05:58 AM EDT
[#14]
For the patient gun grabber the UBC is a lot more powerful tool than the AWB.  The AWB would outlaw some guns now, the UBC will eventually get them all.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 11:07:48 AM EDT
[#15]
AWB2 is not dead, it has just been stripped off the main bill.
It can still come back as an amendment or as a stand alone proposal.
Right now it looks like UBC has a better chance of passage without being attached to AWB2.
One more mass shooting and AWB2 will be back and will probably pass the Senate.
Only the GOP House "leadership" can stop this crap, and it is looking like they will roll over for UBC.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 11:07:48 AM EDT
[#16]

Universal background checks…

And I will be very surprised if they don’t pass it

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 11:15:05 AM EDT
[#17]
We don't know how the people who BOUGHT all the firearms that might have been BANNED voted, and maybe the elected "officials" don't either....
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 11:24:43 AM EDT
[#18]
their left hand is collecting money from all the panic buying..
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 11:28:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

it's unenforcable without registration, and that'll never pass
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 11:30:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Conservatives will be so relieved they don't even notice amnesty for illegal aliens...
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 11:31:10 AM EDT
[#21]
It was all a big end-around distraction. They will look like they are back-pedalling to "settle" for UBC and our remaining Republican masters will deem this action "reasonable" and will go along for the UBC ride in an attempt to show that they are willing to work with their colleages from the other side of the aisle.

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 11:39:39 AM EDT
[#22]
All that being said if what happened at Sandy Hook couldn't muster enough support to get the AWB passed it doesn't really matter what else happens.

Now everyone needs to double up on emails/calling to stop the UBC from passing.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 11:41:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Universal

Background

Checks

It is coming.

Bingo.  Ding, ding, ding.  Universal background checks is the 2nd floor on the way up to a registry.  None of this has been on accident.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 11:42:41 AM EDT
[#24]
We're talking about the government, right?  And you are surprised, why?

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 11:43:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Right now it looks like UBC has a better chance of passage without being attached to AWB2.
Only the GOP House "leadership" can stop this crap, and it is looking like they will roll over for UBC.

Feinswine has to have 60 votes to make it as an ammendment...don't see that happeing. They are going to go after universal background checks..they see some Reps will vote for it and so that is what they will do.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 11:48:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Universal

Background

Checks

It is coming.

Bingo.  Ding, ding, ding.  Universal background checks is the 2nd floor on the way up to a registry.  None of this has been on accident.

This was my guess from the start. They were aiming high with the attitude of "you never know!" hoping that just maybe an AWB could pass, yet all along UBC has been the 'real' end goal.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 11:48:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
For the patient gun grabber the UBC is a lot more powerful tool than the AWB.  The AWB would outlaw some guns now, the UBC will eventually get them all.

Pretty much what he said.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 11:49:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Universal

Background

Checks

It is coming.

THIS!
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 11:49:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Universal

Background

Checks

It is coming.

You are both right and wrong.  Right about none of this being an accident, wrong about ubc
Being the second floor on the way to registration... Ubc are the back door of registrations.

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 11:49:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Just to drop it like its hot in the Senate. What are these folks doing with the left hand while they tried distracting us with the AWB in the right.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjG-xU9wdK9XmKHeaLnwZxTni7C1SDFoHnIIrAMojWf4E5DdVgwA

They've been debasing the fuck out of the currency while our back has been turned.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 11:50:03 AM EDT
[#31]
What are they doing with their left hand? Nothing. They are fucking us with the lights on in a room full of mirrors so we can watch.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 11:50:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Do not let your guard down!  I remember reading an article a couple months ago where she said she already knew it would not be in the bill and that Reid would let her add it as an Amendment...just like she did in '94.  

And she has restated it today. Feinstien says she will add it onthe floor as an Amendment just like in '94 where she got her way.  Congress is really our hope and we know how awesome they are!?!?!?!?!?

Beat on your Senators and Congress men and women. I live in Oregon and these libtards that the sheeple voted in are of no use but I call and write nonetheless. You should do the same.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 11:51:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Power corrupts.

They are turning into something they never imagined they'd be.

Princes and Princesses in their mind.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 11:52:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Is the ubc just stopping private sales or are they fiddling with what requirements need to be met to pass a ubc?
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 11:53:28 AM EDT
[#35]

i think they over reached.  

They thought public sentiment would be a tidal wave against "assault weapon" ownership after 6 year olds become the target.  They put the "never let a crisis go to waste" to the test.

They also didnt fear a backlash from the voters.  I dont believe any of them really thought back to 1994.  After all, ramming Obamacare down the throats of the American people was supposed to drive him out of office and it didnt.  I think the Dems thought this is a different electorate

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 11:57:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Feinswine has to have 60 votes to make it as an ammendment...don't see that happeing. They are going to go after universal background checks..they see some Reps will vote for it and so that is what they will do.

That is the talking point that news stories keep repeating; but they can agree to allow a certain number of amendments from each side without filibuster.  Remember, Feinstein didn't have 60 votes in 2004; but she still got her ban renewal amended to the NRA's S. 1805 with a simple majority vote.  We need to keep our eye on these guys.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 11:58:04 AM EDT
[#37]
It would be in our interest for her to get it into an amendment...

Republicans in congress won't pass it and kill the entire thing.

Their only chance now is UBC
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 11:59:30 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
One more mass shooting and AWB2 will be back and will probably pass the Senate.Only the GOP House "leadership" can stop this crap, and it is looking like they will roll over for UBC.

unless we are able to confirm that Lanza really did use two handguns and not an Ar15 in his rampage...then their agenda is screwed. Now if i could just remember where I set down my tin foil hat...
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 12:00:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I smell a trap

It's tarp, and be very vigilant.

These fucks will sneak something in another 3000 page bucket of horseshit and pass it on a Friday afternoon.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 12:01:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjG-xU9wdK9XmKHeaLnwZxTni7C1SDFoHnIIrAMojWf4E5DdVgwA

They think they are doing the right thing.  Everybody likes to recite the part where Clinton talks about the AWB killing Dems in 1994; but if you read that whole passage, Clinton doesn't regret the decision at all. He thinks he is a hero for "standing up to the NRA.".   They have done nothing but repeatedly step on their own dick this time around.  They are doing it because they are true believers.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 12:03:23 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

it's unenforcable without registration, and that'll never pass

Never say never....

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 12:05:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Nothing ever dies with dims.  they rename it or just slide it in, in 5 parts in to 5 different bills.  trust me.  its not dead, just harder to find.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 12:05:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Beggar:  Hey, give me ten bucks!

Pedestrian:  No.  I'm not giving you anything.

Beggar *pulls gun*: Alright, give me five dollars!

Pedestrian: *gives five dollars*

Beggar/Mugger:  Hey, we compromised!  That should make you happy!
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 12:05:58 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

We're talking about the government, right?  And you are surprised, why?

I'm surprised that some are surprised.  This isn't the first day of school.

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 12:06:18 PM EDT
[#45]
They will accept an outright AWB but that's not really the plan. The plan is to incrementally ban all firearms ownership and the left has patience. This Kabuki theater with Feinstein was to firm up the base and create pressure. She had no illusion that it would pass writ large. This model is the same as the political strategy that the left uses. They are in this for the long game.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 12:16:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
One more mass shooting and AWB2 will be back and will probably pass the Senate.Only the GOP House "leadership" can stop this crap, and it is looking like they will roll over for UBC.

unless we are able to confirm that Lanza really did use two handguns and not an Ar15 in his rampage...then their agenda is screwed. Now if i could just remember where I set down my tin foil hat...

No one cares about that, It's been out there that he didn't.  For god's sake there is a video of the cops taking a rifle out of the trunk of a car and clearing it with a side charging handle.  (SKS?)   and unless you can take on the MSM (propaganda) to get your word out you will be labeled a Newtown 'Truther" and then ridiculed.  

The whole house of cards seems to be getting shaky and like the poster above said they are killing the dollar and what bigger outrage can they cause other than attacking the 2A?  They knew it would keep us occupied while they rob us blind some more.  

Having said that I do think they are serious about the "gun control" but it's only a piece of the puzzle.

But everyone needs to keep writing their reps and hope for the best because that is all we can do at this point.  Voting them out?  look at the voter fraud in the last election, if they wnat someone to stay in power they will pull strings to make that happen.  

Whole game is rigged, and people who think it isn't are blind.

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 12:17:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Universal

Background

Checks

It is coming.

This  

this.

ask for everything. settle for more than you wanted in the 1st place.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 12:19:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Universal

Background

Checks

It is coming.

Yep.  Now they can scream and moan about how they compromised by dropping the AWB that wasn't ever going to pass the House anyway and how stupid, hard line and radical those gun nuts are who won't even agree on a simple background check as a thank you for their kind, compromising generosity.

Don't you love when rapists tell you to be grateful they're just asking for a blowjob instead of putting it in your ass?  
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 12:23:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only way to kill UBC may be... adopting an AWB amendment.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 12:24:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I smell a trap

It's tarp, and be very vigilant.

These fucks will sneak something in another 3000 page bucket of horseshit and pass it on a Friday afternoon.

LOL.

The Senate doesn't work on Fridays.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top