Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2006 3:18:23 PM EDT
A friend of mine told me this girl was very angry at me... so, I approached this girl and asked her as to what her problem is.

She flat out denied being mad at me....

You could tell though.. by the way she acted, that she was very much indeed angry.

I brought up the fact that she was upset at me about a month ago over the phone.. and she flat out denied that too.

Why on earth?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:46:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Who knows exactly what is the truth in this situation but maybe she doesn't want to be combative and the reason she is keeping it to herself is that she can let it go and move on?

Its not always important that we understand everything that goes on with others.  If you are aware of someone upset with you and you offer to make amends and they deny a problem then let it go.  If they deny there's a problem and fail to resolve that problem then they have a problem themselves.

If you carry yourself daily in a manner of dignity and respect and others have problems with you, most likely they are based on that persons own individual insecurities and have little to do with you.

In a nutshell -- why concern yourself with something you can not change?  Unless you've done something morally quesitonable?

Patty
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:58:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Translation: "Yes I'm pissed at you, and I'm not ready to stop being pissed at you.  I can barely look at you without wanting to rip your head off... haven't yet decided which one.  Please go away before I have to hurt you."

Just a guess.  

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:53:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Many people - not just women - do not like direct confrontation, and some prefer a passive agressive approach.  Maybe she'll spit in your sandwich or something instead of yelling at you.  People are just different.

Some are insane.  I like to think of those as "other people"  
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:37:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:27:29 AM EDT
[#5]
If it were me, Voodoo, and I were pissed at you, I'd have no problem verbally  ripping off your arm and beating you with it.

But I am just that kinda girl.

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:39:03 AM EDT
[#6]
VooDoo..is this a friend of yours?  If so, doesn't sound like she's a very good one, and I'd say ignore it, and she'll get over it.

If she's not a friend, why the hell do you care?

This is immature female high school shit.  Don't let it bother you.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:51:26 AM EDT
[#7]
How old are you?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:24:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:32:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Stop playing her game.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:11:25 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
If it were me, Voodoo, and I were pissed at you, I'd have no problem verbally  ripping off your arm and beating you with it.

But I am just that kinda girl.

But.. I might enjoy that!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:11:58 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
VooDoo..is this a friend of yours?  If so, doesn't sound like she's a very good one, and I'd say ignore it, and she'll get over it.

If she's not a friend, why the hell do you care?

This is immature female high school shit.  Don't let it bother you.

She is a friend.. I've know her for awhile.

She is early 20s.. you'd think people would be over that shit.

Guess not.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:12:57 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
How old are you?

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:13:44 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Trust me, she'll realize how stupid she's acting and will apologize for being an idiot.

I did call her on it.. she denied it vigrusully. (sp?)

I'll ignore her for now...thanks.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:45:32 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
How old are you?

When you're 35, I bet you'll wonder how you ever hung around people who act like retarded children.

Axe me howz I know.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:47:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Swingset speaks the truth.  A wise man would do well to listen to him.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:59:39 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Stop playing her game.

BINGO!
This crap is what CHILDREN do to get attention.
She says nothing's wrong? Fine! Act like nothing IS wrong...it'll go up her butt a MILE!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:15:58 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
BINGO!
This crap is what CHILDREN do to get attention.
She says nothing's wrong? Fine! Act like nothing IS wrong...it'll go up her butt a MILE!

+1

When people act like children, the ONLY appropriate response is to treat them like children.  Put her in metaphorical "time out" until she learns to behave.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:29:56 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Trust me, she'll realize how stupid she's acting and will apologize for being an idiot.

Here's a thought, Voodoo...maybe she likes you as more than a friend, and is annoyed that you haven't figured it out by now.

girls that age are dumb.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:35:58 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here's a thought, Voodoo...maybe she likes you as more than a friend, and is annoyed that you haven't figured it out by now.

girls that age are dumb.

Do they ever grow up?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:19:39 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

girls that age are dumb.

Do they ever grow up?

with some exceptions (gabby comes to mind), IMHO, wimminz under 25 are useless as hell

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:28:52 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
with some exceptions (gabby comes to mind), IMHO, wimminz under 25 are useless as hell

I'll be single for years then...
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:36:52 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll be single for years then...

no

date up

hubby is 5 1/2 years younger than i am  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:38:49 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
no

date up

Dunno where all the 26 year olds hang out. Defintely not at college.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:41:15 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
no

date up

broaden your horizons, grasshopper  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:42:11 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Ok.... enlighten me.

I've never dated that far up (23 max).

I dunno where to begin.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:43:49 AM EDT
[#26]
I'd have to agree. I've never dated a woman any less that 8 years older than myself... can't really figure I ever would.... I have FRIENDS that span all agegroups, but not "dating material".

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
no

date up

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:56:12 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Translation: "Yes I'm pissed at you, and I'm not ready to stop being pissed at you.  I can barely look at you without wanting to rip your head off... haven't yet decided which one.  Please go away before I have to hurt you."

Just a guess.  

Do I know you????? Did you ever live in central Jersey????  Heard almost those exact words once.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top