Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2001 1:58:26 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 2:01:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I use a USA steel mag all the time for a mag vise block. two words for you.  "THEY SUCK"
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 2:10:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 2:14:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Steel mags? Dude, they don't cost THAT much!! Just fork out the $$$ it's not worth getting caught steeling them.

-For all you spelling experts out there!!!

Nuckles out [smash]
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 2:34:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Nuckles-You need to get a dictionary. [:)]

They also rust constantly in my experience; no matter how well you maintain them. I live in a damp climate, though.
USA mags would suck ass if they were aluminum, gold, or any other metal. They suck period.
As far as military contract mag go...I bet weight is also a factor.
CS
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 6:26:36 PM EDT
[#5]
There are a few Steel Mags that work fine--

Notably the FNC mags.

It's just the design of the mag, and the weight savings that lends itself to Aluminum.

Maybe someone here can confirm it--I heard that the Military considers Magazines to be "Consumable", rather than to be re-used (I can understand it under battlefield conditions, but under training at the range, don't they pick them back up again?)?

AFARR
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 6:47:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Thermold.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top