Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2005 6:33:22 AM EDT
I'm looking around the general discussion board but there haven't been too many furious rants about Delay and the coming charges against Rove.  Do you guys pick and chose your battles or what?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:45:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:48:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I've posted about it.

CRC
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:48:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Yup, we have been talking about it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:50:32 AM EDT
[#4]
What's to discuss? DeLay is getting out of it because it's obviously a political smear. Heck, when the charges occured the acts weren't even illegal according to TX code! But the Democrap prosecutor pressured another grand jury to file anyway.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:32:48 AM EDT
[#5]
The DA is an @$$hole that had to go grand jury shopping to get indictments.   The carges are bogus, the DA has a politically motivated vindetta, and that is plain to everyone.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:44:35 AM EDT
[#6]
He's got us, guys. With his towering intellect and bold insight, he's discovered that we tend to talk about things that interest us. Perhaps he can figure out how to fuck himself.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:51:32 AM EDT
[#7]
It has been discussed… It is not going to well for the witch hunters.

On the DeLay charges it looks like the first indictment was not valid under Texas law and will be thrown out. So over the weekend Earle got another grand jury that grand jury REFUSED to indict DeLay and no-billed him… Earle then had a fit got him another grand jury that made an indictment Monday.

Earle has been before 9 grand juries and only 2 would indict… It appears at this point Earle is desperate and see the limb he walked out on being cut behind him. It ain't going well for Earle to say the least.

As for Rove he may well be indicted… but not for exposing a CIA agent.

Rove MIGHT face conspiracy charges because the prosecutor CAN FIND NO EVIDENCE ANYBODY BROKE THE LAW… so he will charge them with conspiracy to break the law… No crime committed so manufacture a charge.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:58:24 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'm looking around the general discussion board but there haven't been too many furious rants about Delay and the coming charges against Rove.  Do you guys pick and chose your battles or what?

They're laughable and complete bullshit.  First Earle tried to accuse DeLay of breaking a law in 2002 that wasn't passed until 2003.  That's called ex post facto and so unjust it's written into the Constitution as something the government can't do against its citizens in the Bill of Rights.

So Earle says "Oh yeah, right, forgot about that" and rewrites his charge as "money laundering".  Money laundering is disguising the source of ill-gotten money, but again, the money DeLay raised wasn't illegal.

Then the foreman of the grand jury that determines if the charges against DeLay were worthy of the trial explicitly said on a talk radio show interview he made up his mind DeLay was guilty by watching anti-DeLay ads, not from any sort of evidence that was brought up in the grand jury.

So the case against DeLay has so many both procedural and substantial holes in it it looks like swiss cheese.  I know you think he's guilty, but his real crime in the eyes of his prosecutors is that DeLay is not on their team.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:00:57 AM EDT
[#9]
There must be 100 pages in the Team forum.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:03:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Guys, I don't think this is the kind of "talk about the Delay charges" jquillen1985 was hoping for.

<------ DU is thataway.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:05:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Can't they go after the prosecutor for malicious prosecution or sumpin' That jag has wasted a lot of peoples time and money. There should be some accountability there for that kind of shit. Fucker.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:07:27 AM EDT
[#12]
I hope this whole wave of shit  collapses on Earle, and he gets run out of town on a rail. Austin is probably the only place in Texas where a liberal cocksucker like Earle could have a platform to wreak havoc like this.

I would not want to be on the receiving end of DeLay's wrath once this case is thrown out. Ronnie Earle will wake up one morning with his balls in a jar of formaldehyde beside his bed. Just stay tuned.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:10:11 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Guys, I don't think this is the kind of "talk about the Delay charges" jquillen1985 was hoping for.

<------ DU is thataway.

DELAY SHOULD BE HORSE-WHIPPED, DRAWN, QUARTERED, BURNED, CHOPPED UP INTO LITTLE PIECES, AND FED TO THE HOGS FOR DARING TO BREATH!
Just thought I'd make him feel welcome.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top