Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/26/2015 12:37:00 PM EDT
Why no love for hell on wheels  this season

Can't seem to find the thread anywhere been searching for two days anybody got a link .?
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 12:38:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I watched season 1 when it first aired, then lost interest.  Picked it back up from the beginning the other day, and I'm midway thru season 3.  I'm really digging it this time around.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 12:40:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I had never heard of it until a few months ago.  My GF and I are watching from the beginning on Netflix. That Swede is one creepy fucker.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 12:45:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I keep forgetting to watch it
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 12:46:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I hope someone finally face shoots that swede fuck, repeatedly. Kinda pretty pissed about the breaking season into two years thing though.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 12:51:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Hell on  wheels and strange empire a good Sunday morning show both
have a woman pretending to be a man I wonder if they have the same writers
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 12:52:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Once they killed off Lilly early on, I was pretty much done with that show.  I tried watching it some in the following seasons, but lost interest rapidly.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 12:54:24 PM EDT
[#7]
The Swede touching the guy's toe with frostbite was pretty cool when it fell off and just covered it up
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 9:05:38 PM EDT
[#8]
loving this season so far...

**ETA***

Should we make an official thread or just keep rocking out in this one?
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 9:18:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I gave up on the season premiere when they changed actresses playing the girl greasy hair knocked up. Shark jump.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 9:36:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I gave up on the season premiere when they changed actresses playing the girl greasy hair knocked up. Shark jump.
View Quote

you should of hung around.

I think that was a "being able to act" change as she had a lot of screen time that season. the other girl didn't appear to be able to act that well.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 10:33:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Haven't seen any this season but just watched the first four. I'm really wanting a Griswold
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 11:01:46 PM EDT
[#12]
This is a great show. Fun one to sit and watch with a 1911 nearby.

On a side note, my least favorite employee is a spitting image of The Swede from his creepy smile to his psychopathic tendencies right down to his fake religion (I'm only in season 3).

Great show. Gonna grab a beer and fire up the next episode!
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 11:15:55 PM EDT
[#13]
I have enjoyed the four seasons on Netflix.  Can't wait for the next one.  I really enjoy the show, but wow, they are way off base on the Mormons, oh well.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 11:55:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have enjoyed the four seasons on Netflix.  Can't wait for the next one.  I really enjoy the show, but wow, they are way off base on the Mormons, oh well.
View Quote

You realize at one time you could pretty much hunt Mormons  in the state you're  in, right?  They weren't real popular back then.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 11:58:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Been following it on netflix since season 1.

Wont watch the last season until it hits netflix
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:08:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Haven't seen any this season but just watched the first four. I'm really wanting a Griswold
View Quote

Get one.  They're like $200ish at cabelas and can be shipped to your house no FFL required.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:11:31 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I hope someone finally face shoots that swede fuck, repeatedly.

View Quote

That should have happened a loonnnngggg time ago, like whichever episode he was in first.

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:20:36 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm really enjoying it.

I keep telling everyone who is interested in watching it that Bohannon is the best male role model on TV.  I don't know if that was intentional on the part of the writers, but he is the personification of integrity.  He does his duty without fail.  It's been interesting watching him morph over the seasons from being just a killer to a man of honor.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:24:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Because they killed Ruth.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:22:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Got a new AV for the new season.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:23:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Get one.  They're like $200ish at cabelas and can be shipped to your house no FFL required.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SAY WHAT?

Link!
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:47:58 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

SAY WHAT?

Link!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

SAY WHAT?

Link!

Black Powder Revolvers  

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:57:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I watched season 1 when it first aired, then lost interest.  Picked it back up from the beginning the other day, and I'm midway thru season 3.  I'm really digging it this time around.
View Quote

Needs more hot Chinese girls.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:10:07 AM EDT
[#24]
I'll watch it to the end on AMC, then I'll either download every season, or pick up the DVDs. Probably both, actually. Love the show.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:12:53 AM EDT
[#25]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
SAY WHAT?
Link!

Black Powder Revolvers  

Yup.  And to make it easier...Link to specific pistol:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shooting/Black-Powder/Black-Powder-Revolvers%7C/pc/104792580/c/104701680/sc/567338580/Pietta-Griswold-and-Gunnison-36-Caliber-Revolver/1167468.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Fblack-powder-revolvers%2F_%2FN-1115136%2FNs-CATEGORY_SEQ_567338580%3FWTz_l%3DSBC%3B%2520LNcat104442480%26avad%3D55963_a93d9972%26WT.mc_id%3Dal41227%26Subid1%3DSID%26subacctid%3D41227%26subacctname%3D41227%26adname%3DCustom%2BLink%26adtype%3Dcl%26adid%3DNA%26rid%3D12%26WT.tsrc%3DAFF

ETA: There are also several brass framed 1851 revolvers listed in .44 caliber but they are not "correct".  There were never any real 1851's made in .44 caliber, those are a modern creation.  The link I listed has the "correct" one 1851 colt, round barrel, brass frame, smooth cylinder (no engraving), and .36 caliber.  Close to a correct Griswold (although the real ones had cylinders made of wrought iron I believe, but those wouldn't be safe to fire anyway).  With some weathering techniques out there on the internet I'm sure you could make one nice authentic looking pistol.  Just be sure to use light black powder loads as brass frames can't hold up well to full power blackpowder or pyrodex loads.

ETA 2: As an aside, the show "Hell on wheels" uses a "made up" Grisworld.  Not even a Grisworld at all.  They use an 1860 army in .44 with a brass frame.  There is a behind the scenes floating around out there of the firearms "expert" who works on the film talking about it saying the couldn't locate an 1851 navy with a brass frame and had to use the other.  Also said they liked the .44 because it made more smoke.  Apparently he is either stupid, doesn't know how to use the internet, or has never heard of cabelas or sportsmans warehouse.  Cause they are easy to find and could be found at those places well before this show existed.    Hollywood sucks when it comes to guns.

I still watch because I like the grittiness of the show.  And its a cool modern western.  Not many of those on TV.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 6:50:54 PM EDT
[#26]
^^^^^^^ THANKS!

I will be the proud owner of a "Griswold" in the near future.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 6:53:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Bohannon should have killed the Swede the second he laid eyes on him.

That's one reason I'm not into it this season.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 6:56:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Bohannon should have killed the Swede the second he laid eyes on him.

That's one reason I'm not into it this season.
View Quote

Come on... you know they are gonna save that for the series finale!
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 6:56:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Meh, got boring, AMC waited too fucking long to bring it back.  Same stupid shit that killed Vikings for me.

And the death of the black guy was just fucking stupid.  Also, the Swede character is getting a little ridiculous - he is apparently indestructible and immortal.  Maybe a Highlander awaiting fer da Reckoning?  You betcha!
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 6:58:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Bohannen hasn't fucked anyone up or fucked anyone yet this season.  Get busy dude!
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 6:59:53 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm still enjoying it. The Swede and Bohannon is still looking for his family.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:52:07 PM EDT
[#32]
What the fuck?! When "Hell on Wheels" returns in 2016?! I thought this was to be the last season?...
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:57:38 PM EDT
[#33]
I've really enjoyed the series,  look forward to every new season.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:59:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:03:52 AM EDT
[#35]
I enjoyed watching it up until this season. Now it's just dragging along.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:12:05 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View Quote

The last few minutes really picked up.

That one shot of the Swede walking towards(Spoiler) at the end with the tornado and lighting behind was awesome!

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:17:37 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

That one shot of the Swede walking towards(Spoiler) at the end with the tornado and lighting behind was awesome!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've yet to watch yesterday's episode, but it's good to hear some excitement is to come.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:23:30 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

What the fuck?! When "Hell on Wheels" returns in 2016?! I thought this was to be the last season?...
View Quote

They split the last season like they did with Breaking Bad

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:31:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Because this season fucking sucked.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:37:48 AM EDT
[#40]
I've always enjoyed the show.  The ten episode seasons are annoying.  Waiting about 9 months for it to come back makes it so I have to force myself to watch it again.

Splitting the final season into two 7 episode seasons, a year apart, is just fucking aggravating.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:15:13 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I forgot about that.

I was watching it last night and when it ended I looked at the wife and said, "WTF???That's it??"

This season sucked.  I just couldn't get into the Chinese storyline, and am still pissed that Bohannan didn't drop the Swede.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:34:10 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I forgot about that.

I was watching it last night and when it ended I looked at the wife and said, "WTF???That's it??"

This season sucked.  I just couldn't get into the Chinese storyline, and am still pissed that Bohannan didn't drop the Swede.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I forgot about that.

But I thought this season WAS the back half of last season, and that it was wrapping up this summer.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:34:31 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I forgot about that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I forgot about that.

Agreed.

Seems like its been the same storyline every season.

I'd like to know what has happened to Bohannon's wife and child.  That would have been much more interesting than the Chinese girl pretending to be a boy.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:41:29 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

I'd like to know what has happened to Bohannon's wife and child.  That would have been much more interesting than the Chinese girl pretending to be a boy.
View Quote

Can't make a show about the construction of America's first transcontinental railway without there being a storyline for Chinese laborers. Not saying it was a great storyline but it got the job done for me at least.

As far as Bohannon's wife, did you watch the last five minutes of this weekend's episode?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:44:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Can't make a show about the construction of America's first transcontinental railway without there being a storyline for Chinese laborers. Not saying it was a great storyline but it got the job done for me at least.

As far as Bohannon's wife, did you watch the last five minutes of this weekend's episode?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I haven't had a chance to watch it yet.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:52:03 AM EDT
[#46]
I watch it because nothing else is on. I really want to like it, but the writing is so fucking inaccurate and bad that it really ruins it for me.  Bohannon started out such a bad ass, he has really turned into a pussy of sorts.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:00:29 AM EDT
[#47]
I'm watching it and liking it it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:03:41 AM EDT
[#48]
I'm still watching it and I still enjoy it. I just don't ever participate in the show threads on the net because I'm a DVR guy and I can get behind.

There is absolutely nothing on TV this time of year though so I've been on Hell on Wheels near real-time.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:07:58 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

That should have happened a loonnnngggg time ago, like whichever episode he was in first.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope someone finally face shoots that swede fuck, repeatedly.

First and second season Bohanan would have shot him when he first laid eyes on him after the killing of his love interest in season 1 or 2. Bohanan only took up with the railroad to track down a few soldiers he blamed for killing his family.  Went so far as to murder that one guy who really didn't do it off some bad intel.

Soon as he saw Swede, season ine Bohanon would have plugged him, then skipped off into the sunset..
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:08:59 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Because they killed Ruth.

View Quote

They did everything they could to spare that dumb broad.  If I rmember correctly she was offered a pardon.  She died because she wanted to.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top