Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:11:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:11:56 PM EDT
[#5]
IBTAL

A= "account"
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:12:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I will not touch this one with a 10' pole.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:12:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I hate rhubarb pie. Hate it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:13:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I just wanna know.  I just saw dozens of posts edited becuase they said "kill them all"   This was in the beheading post.

And then I see a post about a former mod. being mad in part becuase this site is becoming too PC.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:14:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Well...here's another
IBTL
It's in the CoC and GB just explained it before he locked the I quit attention thread.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:14:33 PM EDT
[#10]
IBTL

+1

Did you not read the response by Goatboy?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:15:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:15:11 PM EDT
[#12]
ibtl!!

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:15:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Because we can't hurt the feelings of our enemies.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:16:48 PM EDT
[#14]

Because we can't hurt the feelings of our enemies

Are you serious!?  
What?  Are there terrorist on the board I might offend?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:17:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quote by Goatboy:

Mickey, I think threads like this are attempts at attention and piss poor etiquette, but what the hell. I only wished this could have been discussed in private first.

When you were in the hospital and I found out, I did talk to a few people regarding your health and also kept on about it hoping to see you at Bulletfest. Since I was sick as hell and pretty much off the PC during that time, it didnt work for either of us. I don't recall any emails or calls from you, but I don't hold that against anyone. My health is my own concern until I die, then the problem's for all of you to enjoy.  If I had ever wanted you removed as staff, I would have done so. If you had thought you were shut out of things, then you should have brought it up, it's very hard to change or correct problems when you keep them to yourself.

As for the PCness of the site, it's simple and I've explained this several times. There are certain things which will get a place shut down and with all the AWB anger from liberals, they've taken shots at us and won a few minor battles the past few weeks which I have had to deal with. Posts regarding the killing of innocents or the wide spread slaughter of a religion can't be allowed on the site without risking its future. If we were very small it wouldn't be much of a risk, but in our current state we draw way too much attention from our enemies and those with the power to shut us down.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, make angry remarks all you want, but be clear as to the target of these statements. "Kill all the terrorists" is not easy to get confused about, "kill them all" is a little vague in a discussion about muslims, iraqis and terrorists. When we were at war, the enemy was more defined and easier to deal with, now things are confusing as hell and it makes it even harder to manage this crap.

I want to see these assholes dead like most of us here, but I'm not about to round up American Muslims and line them up because of terrorists. Let's not forget the wonderful actions of domestic terrorists who happen to be of other religions, should we make generalizations there? We need to focus on finding and killing all terrorists, their supporters, and their protectors.

I'm not asking anyone to suspend their beliefs or their opinions, I'm asking people to supress some of the extreme generalized comments about killing.

I've downgraded your account as per your request. There are obvious issues you have with people and policy here and I only wish you had taken the time to try to work through them. There is no such thing as absolute freedom and we have to act in defense of the thousands on the site.

I'm going to lock this thread now and hopefully people will read my comments and understand a little better why many of our rules exist.

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:18:59 PM EDT
[#16]
MARPAT
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:22:55 PM EDT
[#17]
[ Wave] Wanna see something really funny? [/Wave]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:24:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:24:56 PM EDT
[#19]
IBTL

+1
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:25:12 PM EDT
[#20]
So I cant say "kill em all" but I can say "kill all terrorists"
Can I say "Hang all them sumbitch terrorists"?

Or do I have to be state what kind of terrorists?  I mean theres eco-terrorists, islamic-terrorists, and so on.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:26:19 PM EDT
[#21]
I don't have any first hand knowledge of the rationale, and while I have voiced my anger many times and will continue to do so, I understand (I think) that the owners don't want the site to be a vehicle for folks to incite violence.  I think.  Anywya, I am sure there are liability concerns, as well .

EDIT: I just read goatboy's response and it makes perfect sense - it is for the protection of the site, and probably for ours as well.  Those who could shut them down could also knock on our doors...
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:27:59 PM EDT
[#22]
IBTL
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:29:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:30:11 PM EDT
[#24]

by Goatboy

There are certain things which will get a place shut down and with all the AWB anger from liberals, they've taken shots at us and won a few minor battles the past few weeks which I have had to deal with.

Anyone know what he's talking about?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:32:15 PM EDT
[#25]
The Zombies are coming.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:35:19 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

by Goatboy

There are certain things which will get a place shut down and with all the AWB anger from liberals, they've taken shots at us and won a few minor battles the past few weeks which I have had to deal with.

I was curious about that, too.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:36:16 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

by Goatboy

+1
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:37:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Why are pictures of completely naked women hiding their nipples allowed but fully clothed with a nipple showing gets you an ass whooping from the Mod Squad?  Who knows, just toe the line so you don't get banned.

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:38:54 PM EDT
[#29]
IBTL, call in the mall ninjas.

The Avilas own this place and they can make any rules they feel like.

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:45:31 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

by Goatboy

yeah really.  Who tried to get ar15.com shut down?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:51:34 PM EDT
[#31]
IBTL
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:53:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Now where is that damn blue pill?

IO1
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:00:51 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

by Goatboy

yeah really.  Who tried to get ar15.com shut down?

No shit.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:12:09 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
IBTL

I like Pie

Zombie

Eeeek !!!  
Don't DO that !!!

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:21:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Kill all the TERRORISTS is fine

Everyone advocates it, everyone agrees with it...

However, when you decide that all muslims are terrorists, or advocate bombing Iraq out of existance because someone commits a single solitary murder, or when you fly off with personal attacks on people who actually might think there's a way to win the terror war without becoming terrorists ourselves, then it's 'DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YOUR ASS ON THE WAY OUT' time...
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:22:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Needs more Cow Bell, then everything will be OK.

S.O.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:30:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Will I get in trouble for telling everyone that kill 'em all

is my favorite Metallica album?

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:33:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:37:38 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Will I get in trouble for telling everyone that kill 'em all

is my favorite Metallica album?

img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/topjimmy/killemall.jpg

No, it's one of my favorites too! (Too bad they went mainstream and then total jackasses!)

I also LOVE ride the lightning.

RTL ROCKS!!!

I'd like to dedicate the first song on that album to the terrorists...it's coming...soon...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top