Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2003 6:54:00 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 6:58:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I think we have been nabbing them. More likely they are just dissapearing...
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 6:59:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 7:05:26 PM EDT
[#3]
do you think people will get out of hand taking out their anger on non-terrorist muslims if another large scale attack occurs?

Link Posted: 5/26/2003 7:11:04 PM EDT
[#4]
i think its a combination...we've killed/captured alot and kept them on the run abroad, combine that with increased homeland security
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 7:20:50 PM EDT
[#5]
What makes you think there have been no attacks since 9/11 ? What about the Anthrax attacks ? You'd be a fool if you didn't see Al Qaeda involvement in that one.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 7:30:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
do you think people will get out of hand taking out their anger on non-terrorist muslims if another large scale attack occurs?

View Quote

I think it would, remember the 5-6 non-terrorist Muslims that were killed out of hatred after 911
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 7:36:23 PM EDT
[#7]
They shot their wad and then we smacked them around quite a bit. Give them time, they'll be back for more...and we havent gone hunting in Saudi.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 7:37:13 PM EDT
[#8]
That's cuz the war in Iraq scared them all to shit!

No really, their next attack on the mainland will come at a greater magnitude than previous.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 7:37:38 PM EDT
[#9]
They're waiting for the AWB to expire so they can get high crap mags!
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 7:41:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
They're waiting for the AWB to expire so they can get high crap mags!
View Quote

[LOLabove]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 7:55:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Their first attempt on the Trade Center was in '93.  Then the OKC bombing, then the USS Cole........They thought they could do anything they wanted.....they've been bitchslapped, but I doubt they're done.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 7:56:58 PM EDT
[#12]
I think they are just waiting, biding their time.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:10:38 PM EDT
[#13]
They don't have the money, the personell or the coordination to pull off attacks in the US at this time.  If our guys keep doing their job, they may never have them again.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:12:46 PM EDT
[#14]
I believe the terrorists are just de-sensatising us to the feds warning system. That way when they do decide to do something again we, the USA, will ignore the warning.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:15:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Give it time, *they* just need time to prepare and plan out, after all, security was tighter for a few moths after 9/11, and is just now returning to  a normal state.
P.S. - I did not say anything. Understand?
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:20:48 PM EDT
[#16]
I clicked other, though I would also point out that there HAS been a domestic terror attack-the shootings at the El-Al counter at LAX on July 4, 02.

But there has been nothing major because
Our security has improved so there are fewer good targets.
The men responsible for the next three major attacks, the "Lakawana Seven", Richard Reed, and that hispanic prison muslim arrested in Chicago for trying to build a dirty bomb, have been caught.
The big leadership and the money men are on the run because of the Afghanistan and Iraq invasions.
Lots of their cash has been seized.
The oil Sheiks, seeing our reaction, are not as forthcoming with cash and other assistance-this sudden parsimony is probably why they bombed targets in Saudi and Morrocco recently.

All of these contribute equally for preventing a second major strike.

But it is well doucmented that our security arrangements are far from ideal, and not all terrorists and their sponsors are accounted for.

So a new attack will eventually come, but they have been disrupted enough to keep them busy for that last 18 months.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:33:04 PM EDT
[#17]
there busy regrouping and rebuilding remember we did a nice job of smashing there infrastructure but its still there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top