Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2005 2:37:50 PM EDT
I was watching Oprah right now (I’m on the west coast) and I can't understand why there isn't more outrage for the looters, rapists, and murderers. Both Oprah and the Police Chief where crying over the 3 year old who got rapped, but there was no outrage. Instead, they bottle that anger up and redirect it towards the President and Federal Government. The blame should be placed squarely where it's due: the armed gangs who were controlling the Superdome, the rapists, murders, looters, and filthy people who continued to live in their own filth and squalor.

Instead of just laying around and relying on the Federal Government, why didn't these people, under the organization of Nagin and other local government officials, organize themselves?

The liberals and media will say that talk is cheap, and that we can't comprehend the conditions these people are enduring, but I can. I lived right above the epicenter of the 1994 Northridge earthquake, and we didn't receive government support or relief for at least 4 days. Our local government officials and emergency departments stepped up and organized the community.

This whole mess is a cultural issue. It's got nothing to do with the federal governments slow response but instead everything to do with these people's mentality. They've spent their whole lives dependent upon the government for welfare and other public assistance, and have little to no motivation to take control of their own lives.

Why aren't we looking at this as the social failure it is?

Liberalism is truly and infection, for which there is only one cure: eradication.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:40:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I have heard more about the damage from flooding than the children who were murdered.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:41:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Welp, NO was pretty well eradicated.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:42:29 PM EDT
[#3]
they dont want to hurt anyones feelins..

oh yeah they also dont wanna be called refugees..

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:49:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I can understand that people have varying opinions, I accept that. But watching the reports come in, it's almost like they're trying to pull a fast one on us. Are they just so incredibly quick to play the blame game?

Instead of wasting time and effort coming up with all these idiotic excuses why aren't we representing this for what it is: a break down of our social fabric and social institution (namely public assistance).

This is a deep rooted issue that goes beyond the hurricane and disaster relief; it involves race, oil, politics, and national security.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:52:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I spent the afternoon arguing with the KOOL-AID drinkers around here. At first they were lambasting Bush, but by the end of the conversation they were admitting that the blame goes far down the chain from there.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:56:32 PM EDT
[#6]
This whole partisanship thing is tearing apart our country. Rather than looking at the issue for what it is and developing an opinion, people just instintively jump on board with their party's representatives. If more people would develop their own opinions rather than paying allegiance to their politcal party, we could achieve a helluva lot more.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:57:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I spent the afternoon arguing with the KOOL-AID drinkers around here. At first they were lambasting Bush, but by the end of the conversation they were admitting that the blame goes far down the chain from there.

Good on ya.  I did the same here.   Hell , there were lots of people in my shop that didn't even know that NO had an evacuation plan ! Way to go Mass Media....

I about puked when I heard the jerkwater Geraldo whining about FEMA and excusing the mayor  on Hannity's show this afternoon.  What an ass polyp he is.... as if FEMA is supposed to be some sort of a First Response agency.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:58:19 PM EDT
[#8]
DU// it's not the looters fault, they were just getting paybacks for generations of oppression by evil racist whites.//DU

edited cuz I can't spell
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:20:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:27:05 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I can understand that people have varying opinions, I accept that. But watching the reports come in, it's almost like they're trying to pull a fast one on us. Are they just so incredibly quick to play the blame game?

Instead of wasting time and effort coming up with all these idiotic excuses why aren't we representing this for what it is: a break down of our social fabric and social institution (namely public assistance).

This is a deep rooted issue that goes beyond the hurricane and disaster relief; it involves race, oil, politics, and national security.

I can give you a VERY good reason why it is being misrepresented.
The political left is calling themselves progressive these days for a reason: they have a vision for a society in which everybody is taken care of and nobody falls through the cracks. They have a NEED for this concept of society to be bulletproof. If their progressive vision were shown to be flawed, then most of its followers would lose faith in it.
If they can pin what is obviously a breakdown on the evil backward Republicans (because the rightwing can't handle properly steering such a progressive society), then they can persuade people that such a perfect society still is possible, with the right leadership.
We know the truth: that society WILL breakdown in event of a major disaster, unless every member is prepared to fend for himself. People don't have to Go Viking (raping and pillaging) if they are prepared and ready.
The Democrats need to be needed, because they see themselves as the champion of every oppressed minority group in existance. They have a vested interest in retaining their voters, so they will work to keep their minorities oppressed. They pretend to be the common man's best friend, but they are his enemy.

I think you hit it 100% right on the head. And what you said sounds very similar to Paul's theory: The Business of Liberalism.

I just can't understand or fathom how the populace of America can't see this. Are American's really that stupid? Do the majority honestly believe that what the media is feeding us is the truth? Do they take the media to be the spoken word of God? How can they not see that it's completely biased propaganda.

There is no such thing as impartiality anymore. And that goes for the conservative side as well.

We need a total revamping of our government and media. Unless there’s a revolution, partisanship will be the cause of our downfall.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:29:04 PM EDT
[#11]

The political left is calling themselves progressive these days for a reason: they have a vision for a society in which everybody (except the rich) is taken care of and nobody falls through the does without cracks. They have a NEED for this concept of society to be bulletproof. If their progressive vision were shown to be flawed, then most of its followers would lose faith in it.
If they can pin what is obviously a breakdown on the evil backward Republicans (because the rightwing can't handle properly steering such a progressive society), then they can persuade people that such a perfect society still is possible, with the right leadership.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:30:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
they dont want to hurt anyones feelins..

oh yeah they also dont wanna be called refugees..

How about MF'ing, lazy, thieving, worthless, lowlife, degenerate, scum?

Is that okay?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:35:23 PM EDT
[#13]
You guys must be talking about the "undocumented shoppers" in NOLA . . .

CMOS
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:39:55 PM EDT
[#14]
The truth is that most of the violence is black on black and Cosby is one of only a few talking about that truth.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:40:46 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
You guys must be talking about the "undocumented shoppers" in NOLA . . .

CMOS

It goes beyond just that, and involves all the people who were evacuated to the Super Dome. They've become so reliant upon the federal government, that they feel this sort of misguided enttitlement. It's sickening to see how dependent they are upon outside sources of help.

I can't believe how well the liberals have done their job, keeping these people reliant and uneducated.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:54:32 PM EDT
[#16]
 You watch Oprah?  
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:56:09 PM EDT
[#17]
These aren't just riots that have sprung up out of "nothing."

People are torn between being mad at the crime while sympathetic towards what nature has unleashed on one of our historical cities.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:09:40 PM EDT
[#18]
it is just more of the useless poor black and white trash culture, in any normal city people would have stepped up to help people, but not in NO, hell fat whore Oprah was crying about how this was a travesty blah blah blah, didn't stop to think about why everyone who was smart got the hell out of Dodge
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top