Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2009 6:39:05 PM EDT
OK so I bought a house and the dishwasher wasnt winterized property. A valve broke and caused it to dump water all over the floor after filling up the tub.

So the bank had someone come out and repair the dishwasher.

Now it runs through it's cycle but no water runs at all. WTF - any suggestions?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:42:11 PM EDT
[#1]
is the water hooked up?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:43:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
OK so I bought a house and the dishwasher wasnt winterized property. A valve broke and caused it to dump water all over the floor after filling up the tub.

So the bank had someone come out and repair the dishwasher.

Now it runs through it's cycle but no water runs at all. WTF - any suggestions?

Check that he turned on the angle stop to d/w after his repair.

Roy
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:46:49 PM EDT
[#3]
If runs without water means that water level sensor is permanently closed and activates the cycle
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:47:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm not an appliance repairman, but have installed quite a few.
I thought that they had a water level sensor in them as the water gets heated up to much higher than what comes out of the water heater before it starts washing.
That being said, check the valve. Usually under the sink.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:52:38 PM EDT
[#5]
turn the water on, most DWs just use a timed fill cycle, float switch only turns the water off if over filling.

Also check the wires going to the fill valve.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:56:30 PM EDT
[#6]
It ran through a full cycle last night and the soap was still there, no water at all.... i will check for a valve... does this mean I have to pull the dishwasher out??
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:02:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It ran through a full cycle last night and the soap was still there, no water at all.... i will check for a valve... does this mean I have to pull the dishwasher out??

Check the supply first.
If other plumbing was done on the house, some shit could have got knocked loose and plugged the valve/hose. Thats a stretch, but seen it happen.
99.9% of the time its something simple, like the water is turned off. I have done this myself!
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:05:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Check your water line from the valve under the sink to where it hooks to the dishwasher. I have seen this a couple of times and the only problem was rust clogging either the valve, a screen on one end of the line, or the brass elbow where the water line attaches to the dishwasher. A very easy fix.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:07:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Turn it off.  

It will stop running.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:07:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Slap her in the azz and tell her to get back to work.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:31:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

No, just remove the toe plates and check to see if the wires to the valve is connected.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:32:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Did you explain to her the soap won't lather properly without water?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:27:46 AM EDT
[#13]
It was the water shut off under the sink! Thanks guys
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:31:40 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

No problem.  Glad I could help.  

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:52:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:

No problem.  Glad I could help.  

What the........
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top