Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2001 7:10:48 PM EDT
This may have been asked before, but....

Why is it EVERYBODY'S dream to, quit their job, get away from it all and live in a secluded "get-away" with their family, living off from the land (with a generator, or local power, TV, radio, computers/internet, JUST get AWAY).  
[b]BUT[/b]
When someone actually does it, they are then immediately labled a kook, cult, militia member, a survivalists or just plain crazy??????????

BISHOP
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 7:12:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 7:16:39 PM EDT
[#2]
It's not everyone's dream.  There are a lot of people who want everything to be given to them so they can sit on their couch in front of their idiot box for the rest of their lives.  It's so much easier to pass judgement on others from the comfort of your air conditioned or heated home with the bravery of being out of range.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 7:23:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Edited for clarity...

BISHOP
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 7:34:16 PM EDT
[#4]
What's up Bishop,

It isn't a Demo-dream.  The Democraps want you to be an insect and live in a hive.  With Janet Reno as Queen Hermaphrodite.  They want to remove people from rural areas.

Earth in the Balance.  For the children.

Jim
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 7:38:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 9:12:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Living off the land sucks!! Just visit any third world country and you will understand.

Personally I want is a place where I can step onto my back porch and have a shooting range right there. But that includes water, electricity, grocery stores, etc.

Personally I like my work, but hate my job (does that make sense?).
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 9:18:56 PM EDT
[#7]

'Cause they don't pay their taxes.

Link Posted: 9/6/2001 9:51:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, If anyone has land I'll work it and upkeep it for free for a couple years.

[):)]
NSF
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 10:24:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't think they actually call you a kook until you start writing your first Manifesto.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top