Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/16/2010 10:36:40 AM EDT
In before LT pics.

Why is he such a pussy about immigration?  Why isn't he still talking shit about Obama care?  Why are states like AZ (God bless them) leading the way, when TX is supposed to be conservative anchor?  Why do people talk about him as a possible presidential candidate when he can't get his shit straight here?
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 10:38:17 AM EDT
[#1]
When will kids study and learn govt in high school?
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 10:38:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Perry's more of a follower.  He often eventually does the right thing, but he's not going to be the first one into the breach.  
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 10:39:22 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

They can't - too busy jerking off in the bathrooms or texting bullshit.

Link Posted: 7/16/2010 10:40:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

In before LT pics.

Why is he such a pussy about immigration?  Why isn't he still talking shit about Obama care?  Why are states like AZ (God bless them) leading the way, when TX is supposed to be conservative anchor?  Why do people talk about him as a possible presidential candidate when he can't get his shit straight here?

Because he is a fucking politician.....I wonder what it feels like to know that Jan Brewer has a bigger set of balls than he does...

Link Posted: 7/16/2010 10:54:44 AM EDT
[#5]
2 days ago I emailed the governor of Arizona and told her that I wished she was the governor of Texas because Rick Perry doesn't have any balls.  Perry is bought and paid for.  Bush did nothing, Obama did nothing and Perry has done nothing.  Perry is doing what he's told because they are making a place for him in Washington.  It will be a few years but he will be there.  Our government is corrupt.
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 11:02:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Rick Perry used to be a Democrat
Rick Perry used to be an Aggie Cheerleader
Rick Perry attended Bilderberg 2007 in Turkey
Rick Perry supported the transtexas corridor  Which is the NAFTA Superhighway
Rick Perry grew TX government at a rate greater then federal govt
Rick Perry is a globalist sympathizer scumbag

What the poster above says.. he is being groomed for Washington.. he is a supposed hardcore Republican conservative, I mean he made those comments about Secession, he shoots cyotes etc..   But in truth he is a big phony, a RINO in every sense of the word.

I fear he will run for President and everyone will think he is the Tea Party savoir.  The guy in Texas was booed by Tea Parties.
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 11:03:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
2 days ago I emailed the governor of Arizona and told her that I wished she was the governor of Texas because Rick Perry doesn't have any balls.  Perry is bought and paid for.  Bush did nothing, Obama did nothing and Perry has done nothing.  Perry is doing what he's told because they are making a place for him in Washington.  It will be a few years but he will be there.  Our government is corrupt.

Hey, maybe you should vote for Bill White.  If you're lucky, he might make Texas the first sanctuary state.
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 11:05:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey, maybe you should vote for Bill White.  If you're lucky, he might make Texas the first sanctuary state.

Austin, Rick Perry's home, is a Sanctuary city.. just fyi

Bill White is a sucky choice, they both suck... The only positive about Bill White, is that he isnt a phony, he is just a dumb liberal.
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 11:06:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:

They can't - too busy jerking off in the bathrooms or texting bullshit.

They never will, only distorted liberal views.
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 11:06:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
In before LT pics.

He's a Republican. A very good Republican.

You just think a Republican is something that it's not.

Link Posted: 7/16/2010 11:08:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
In before LT pics.

You just think a conservative Republican is something that it's not.

your right, he is a good Republican.. unfortunately that doesnt mean what it used to
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 11:08:44 AM EDT
[#12]
I'd be fascinated to hear what the OP expects the gov to do.
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 11:09:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
In before LT pics.

your right, he is a good Republican.. unfortunately that doesnt mean what it used to

no it doesn't
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 11:09:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I guess I'll bite on your second white knight post.

Easy answer:  Lead.
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 11:13:03 AM EDT
[#15]
The only reason Perry has been governor this long (longest serving if I'm not mistaken and first to serve two consecutive terms) is because no one is going to elect a Democrat to office in this state anymore and Perry has the Republican party locked down. So unless a really, really good independent shows up; Perry can pretty much be governor as long as he wants.
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 11:14:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good copout.  How about some specific actions you want to see him undertake?
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 11:16:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please see OP.

When you get confused again, the answer is he needs to be a conservative leader.

When you call that a copout answer, refer to OP again.

and again.

and again.
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 11:17:16 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

The only reason Perry has been governor this long (longest serving if I'm not mistaken and first to serve two consecutive terms) is because no one is going to elect a Democrat to office in this state anymore and Perry has the Republican party locked down. So unless a really, really good independent shows up; Perry can pretty much be governor as long as he wants.

The latest Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of Likely Voters in the
Lone Star State shows Perry with 50% support. White, a former mayor of
Houston, picks up 41% of the vote. Two percent (2%) like another
candidate in the race, and seven percent (7%) are undecided.

In mid-June, Perry held a 48% to 40% lead over
White.  

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2010/election_2010_governor_elections/texas/election_2010_texas_governor

Link Posted: 7/16/2010 11:18:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please see OP.

When you get confused again, the answer is he needs to be a conservative leader.

When you call that a copout answer, refer to OP again.

and again.

and again.

So.  You have no clue of the Gov's job function.  You just want him doing some nebulous "something" to make you happy.
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 11:28:23 AM EDT
[#20]
the Governor of Texas is the 48th least powerful Governor in America,
the State Senate, The LT Governor and the RAILROAD Commission RUN TEXAS...not the Governor. FOCUS ON your State Senator and district representatives to work for you in Austin..REDISTRICTING IS COMING and lots of new reps will be chosen for both the State HOUSE and the Congress..
YOUR State Senators will be the deciding factor on the Border, Secession and STATE INCOME TAX which the Dims gladly bring up every session...

and I dont care for the Former Democrat Cheerleader either..but he is all we have..Medina screwed the pooch, Glass is a Libertarian with no money and Bill White already fucked up Houston. and we dont need him doing any more damage in Austin....

Link Posted: 7/16/2010 11:33:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Thought he was a good governor. Didn't he just hook-up with Gov. Brewer to blow off Arnold and that ass-hat Bill-Clinton-Richardson for the Border States Governors' Conference?

That was a win and awesome support for Brewer and AZ.
edit: Thanks Texas.  

Link Posted: 7/16/2010 11:36:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
the Governor of Texas is the 48th least powerful Governor in America,
the State Senate, The LT Governor and the RAILROAD Commission RUN TEXAS...not the Governor. FOCUS ON your State Senator and district representatives to work for you in Austin..REDISTRICTING IS COMING and lots of new reps will be chosen for both the State HOUSE and the Congress..
YOUR State Senators will be the deciding factor on the Border, Secession and STATE INCOME TAX which the Dims gladly bring up every session...

and I dont care for the Former Democrat Cheerleader either..but he is all we have..Medina screwed the pooch, Glass is a Libertarian with no money and Bill White already fucked up Houston. and we dont need him doing any more damage in Austin....

There you go, the correct answer finally. TX governor is a mostly powerless position as far as getting any laws passed.

And our legislature only meets every two years and then wastes their time arguing about passing laws against cheerleading that is "too sexy".

As much as I don't care for him, you can't blame Perry for Austin being a sanctuary city. That is completely due to the liberal screwtards that run CoA. They don't listen to anybody, certainly not the governor.

Yes, TX politics is pretty screwed up. But we like it that way. I think...

Link Posted: 7/16/2010 11:38:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
In before LT pics.

Maybe because Perry is a Republican, not an Arfcom Libertarian, and Texas isn't the "conservative anchor" you think it is.

Link Posted: 7/16/2010 11:39:50 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

What the poster above says.. he is being groomed for Washington.. he is a supposed hardcore Republican conservative, I mean he made those comments about Secession, he shoots cyotes etc..   But in truth he is a big phony, a RINO in every sense of the word.

I fear he will run for President and everyone will think he is the Tea Party savoir.  The guy in Texas was booed by Tea Parties.

Anyone enough to whine about a 'NAFTA superhighway' and 'globalisim' will never see a politician they like elected to any office higher than the US Congress...

Link Posted: 7/16/2010 11:40:15 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

support arizona OUT LOUD and promise to push to do the same in Texas when the legislative cycle starts?   That would probably be a good start.
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 11:40:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You listen to a lot of Alex Jones don't you?
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 11:41:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
In before LT pics.

You guys keep expecting Republicans to act like something else (usually either more libertarian or more conservative), and you get so upset when it doesn't happen.  It's quite amusing.
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 11:43:11 AM EDT
[#28]

Rick Perry is atleast boycotting the Governer's Conference if it is held anywhere but Arizona.

Source: http://www.wfaa.com/news/politics/Perry-wont-attend-meeting-of-border-governors-98569639.html

Also, I can think of atleast 40 US Governers that he is better than so thats not bad

Link Posted: 7/16/2010 11:46:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Seeing the governor of TX with such a nonexistent stance on controlling illegal immigration lets us all know just how damn hopeless we all are.  Being overrun is our destiny.
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 11:47:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:

The latest Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of Likely Voters in the Lone Star State shows Perry with 50% support. White, a former mayor of Houston, picks up 41% of the vote. Two percent (2%) like another candidate in the race, and seven percent (7%) are undecided.

In mid-June, Perry held a 48% to 40% lead over White.  

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2010/election_2010_governor_elections/texas/election_2010_texas_governor

Interesting but come election time, I'll be surprised if White wins. I just hope Perry retires after his third term and we can get a more conservative governor with balls in there.
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 11:48:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Perry does whatever is good for Perry.
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 11:48:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:

support arizona OUT LOUD and promise to push to do the same in Texas when the legislative cycle starts?   That would probably be a good start.

Time for a govt lesson.  In Texas it's a little different.  The gov in Texas is essentially a puppet. The REAL power is the Lt gov spot. The gov himself has almost no say on legislation.  That's what I'm waiting for Hondaciv to realize.

He's already on the record as supporting AZ. btw.
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 11:50:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Rick Perry is a globalist sympathizer scumbag...

Link Posted: 7/16/2010 11:50:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Perry won't do anything until it is time to be reelected.
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 11:51:07 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Rick Perry is atleast boycotting the Governer's Conference if it is held anywhere but Arizona.

Source: http://www.wfaa.com/news/politics/Perry-wont-attend-meeting-of-border-governors-98569639.html

Also, I can think of atleast 40 US Governers that he is better than so thats not bad

that's better than nothing for sure. Id like to see perry state he intends on doing a texas 1070 anduse the rhetoric he uses about seccession and what not.  He was all tough on state rights until this happened.

Link Posted: 7/16/2010 11:52:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Time for a govt lesson.  In Texas it's a little different.  The gov in Texas is essentially a puppet. The REAL power is the Lt gov spot. The gov himself has almost no say on legislation.  That's what I'm waiting for Hondaciv to realize.

He support AZ, in AZ.  He does not support their immigration law for Texas.

So he gets to SOUND like a conservative by not doing a damned thing about our problem here.
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 11:53:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

He support AZ, in AZ.  He does not support their immigration law for Texas.

So he gets to SOUND like a conservative by not doing a damned thing about our problem here.

So again, i ask.  What do you want him to do?
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 11:54:41 AM EDT
[#38]
<––––––No Perry fan here.
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 11:56:29 AM EDT
[#39]
I guess everything is bigger in Texas even the pussys. LOL
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 11:57:11 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

support arizona OUT LOUD and promise to push to do the same in Texas when the legislative cycle starts? That would probably be a good start.

Time for a govt lesson. In Texas it's a little different. The gov in Texas is essentially a puppet. The REAL power is the Lt gov spot. The gov himself has almost no say on legislation. That's what I'm waiting for Hondaciv to realize.

He support AZ, in AZ. He does not support their immigration law for Texas.

So again, i ask. What do you want him to do?

i understand what you are saying. his POWER is limited.  his leadership isn't though. He can vocally fight and steer geveral opinion of the constitutents. He can get people fired up in texas so there is a strong political motivation to push through a texas version of 1070.  Governors can put a LOT of pressure on legislation just through speaking in public.

Link Posted: 7/16/2010 11:57:52 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
In before LT pics.

I don't really know a lot about the guy, but from what I've heard, he's just another politician, telling the voters what he thinks they want to hear.
I remember him talking tough about secession not long ago. How can he be willing to fight and kill his own countrymen while remaining silent
or just do nothing about the great state of Texas being invaded from the country of Mexico?
Even the smallest of the 50, Rhode Island has a bill very similar to Arizona's in the works.
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 12:02:00 PM EDT
[#42]
He also still harbors some delusions of being presidential material.
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 12:03:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

support arizona OUT LOUD and promise to push to do the same in Texas when the legislative cycle starts? That would probably be a good start.

Time for a govt lesson. In Texas it's a little different. The gov in Texas is essentially a puppet. The REAL power is the Lt gov spot. The gov himself has almost no say on legislation. That's what I'm waiting for Hondaciv to realize.

He support AZ, in AZ. He does not support their immigration law for Texas.

So again, i ask. What do you want him to do?

i understand what you are saying. his POWER is limited.  his leadership isn't though. He can vocally fight and steer geveral opinion of the constitutents. He can get people fired up in texas so there is a strong political motivation to push through a texas version of 1070.  Governors can put a LOT of pressure on legislation just through speaking in public.

Ahh, ahh, no helping the college student.
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 12:05:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Election. November. Bill white

Thats why

Also, He will run for President in 2012 and most likely get the Republican nomination.

Politics.
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 12:05:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Just like Mitt Romney, Rick Perry is a plastic faced empty suit. He is a RINO at best and a closet socialist at worst. He was fully bought in to the SPP/NAU, until Texans started calling him on it. He will be reduced to irrelevance soon enough.
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 12:07:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
In before LT pics.

Why is he such a pussy about immigration?  

He is skeered.
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 12:11:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Wonder the same thing myself.  Florida may be on board before Texas?  And we got's the mouse ears... yo.
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 12:16:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Austin is all you need to know about texas. perry fits in fine there.
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 12:17:20 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Just like Mitt Romney, Rick Perry is a plastic faced empty suit. He is a RINO at best and a closet socialist at worst. He was fully bought in to the SPP/NAU, until Texans started calling him on it. He will be reduced to irrelevance soon enough.

And another one...

P.S. Only fruits & nuts bought into the whole 'NAU' thing - most of the opposition to that freeway was your typical NIMBY bullshit...

'OMG, if there's a real road built, people won't have to drive through our town and shop at my store!'

'OMG, if they build that, they'll take my land and only pay me market value!'

'OMG, cars are noisy!'

Etc...

Link Posted: 7/16/2010 12:22:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Quoted:

And another one...

P.S. Only fruits & nuts bought into the whole 'NAU' thing - most of the opposition to that freeway was your typical NIMBY bullshit...

'OMG, if there's a real road built, people won't have to drive through our town and shop at my store!'

'OMG, if they build that, they'll take my land and only pay me market value!'

'OMG, cars are noisy!'

Etc...

There are some things you should talk about and some things you should not. You do not live down here and your opinion doesnt mean jack shit. You have no idea how much we love our land and our values. Some of those ranches and real estate were in the family for over 100 years and they were at risk of be ing taken.

I know you dont give a shit about what we care about down here or understand how much it means so you really should just stop.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top