Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2011 1:10:35 PM EDT
It just seems incredibly stupid to me. As anti gun as California is, they remain? Why haven't they said Fuck this and left?
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:12:58 PM EDT
close to points of supply and raw material? larger pool of qualified workers to pick from?

did you ever realize that a bunch of gun companies are also located in anti-gun states?
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:17:18 PM EDT
Doesn't make much sense to take a company that's been in the same place for ever, and then move it to a new area where none of your new employees know anything about your company or its products. Institutional knowledge is a very valuable thing.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:20:41 PM EDT
Lots of companies like RRA, Rock Island Armory and LMT along with ArmaLite based here.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:21:46 PM EDT
The weather is nice here.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:22:14 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Deej86:
Lots of companies like RRA, Rock Island Armory and LMT along with ArmaLite based here.

Or Illinois and New York. Confuses me.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:25:54 PM EDT
You would think that they would move next door and make a big statement by doing so. I don't live in Kalifornia or NYC for those reasons alone.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:26:22 PM EDT
Why is Colt still in CT? Why is S&W in MA? Armalite, RRA, Springfield, et al, in IL, etc....

RCBS is at least based in a state that doesn't restrict ownership of the products they make, though I'll admit, CA is not exactly business-friendly on the whole.

...which is why I'm going to leave this state someday, hopefully sooner than later, if I can find a job out there in Free America
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:27:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/1/2011 1:28:17 PM EDT by Deej86]
Originally Posted By Magick:
You would think that they would move next door and make a big statement by doing so. I don't live in Kalifornia or NYC for those reasons alone.

Les Baer did just that.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:31:22 PM EDT
Justification for charging too much for inferior products
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:34:03 PM EDT
RCBS has been around for a while. I'm guessing they were there when CA wasn't the fucked up shithole infested with illegal aliens and liberal moonbats that it is today.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:45:15 PM EDT
Sierra Bullets was also in California. But being a large consumer of lead, they moved closer to the supply.
Top Top