Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2013 12:15:22 PM EDT
My buddy and I used to clean house in BC2 and BF3, and he's way better than me. He'd kid around and say I suck even though we would both finish positive by why margin, he's just do it better.

In BF4 I'm constantly getting my ass handed to me and finishing negative. Not as bad as at first, but the other night when said friend and I played together, he got his ass beat just as bad as I was! To the point that he even agreed, damn, something changed with this game.

What the hell did DICE do? This is normal TDM and Conquest I'm talking about, not any sort of hardcore matches.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 3:33:39 PM EDT
[#1]
They didn't do anything, you did this to yourself. I haven't played on consoles in 6 months+ and was able to pick it back up very quickly. My K/D was down to .6  due to me wanting the 1911 but I have picked it back up to about a 1.2 (skill 260 and 459 SPM) which is fine for me since I play TDM and obliteration mainly using each weapon I can.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 3:52:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I wouldn't be too hard on yourself yet.  The game is broken as fuck right now, especially if you're on console.  I'd go play something else until DICE gets these patches out.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 3:53:42 PM EDT
[#3]
BF4 feels like COD. All of the battles are 5 feet from the enemy, and your guns take 20+ hits to kill someone. I think BF has officially been ruined.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 4:38:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I finally got the 1x optics unlocked for the Mk. 11 Mod. 0, and now I'm performing much better. Suppose it's due to the added caution of running around with a semi auto only rifle. Before, when I was trying to get the M4A1 and M16A4 all situated, and unlock the carbine and DMR classes, I was in a rush trying to grind it out. Having gotten all that taken care of, I've slowed my pace a bit and taken more to scanning an area thoroughly and quickly as I move through it instead of just running around COD style like I'm not supposed to be, or standing still too long while looking around, all the while playing more offensively than rushing to a defensive position like I was in the beginning. Starting to get my groove back, as it were

As far as pistols go, I'd like to have the 1911 and HK45c, but I'm not gonna run around pistols only just for that. I'll get those when I get them via transitioning to pistol when needed.

Game isn't really broken at all as far as I've experienced. A CE error once in a blue, and lag/rubber banding just as rarely, but other than that I got nothing to complain about. I held off the multiplayer for a long while to give it time to be fixed, and by the time I got into the game, it was fine for the most part except the two mentioned problems.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 4:52:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Because of the improved graphics, the enemy blends in to the surroundings better.  It takes awhile to adjust.

Link Posted: 12/7/2013 4:59:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Because of the improved graphics, the enemy blends in to the surroundings better.  It takes awhile to adjust.

View Quote

You think that's what it is? Between getting spawn killed or dropping the ball when I had the drop on someone and messing up to the point that they killed me, or just flat out screwing up situations I could have handled better, and being the first to get shots on people but then be immediately killed when they fire back one burst in return to my three or four, I was ready to rip my hair out. Now that I've got the Mk. 11 online as a battle rifle I've been getting the work done much more smoothly and breaking even on matches more often.

I just secured the 2x magnifier for the EOtech, so now it should be ready to rock paired with the AFG and the suppressor. I can still take targets out at distance pretty good with the suppressor added.

One thing that puzzles me with the Mk. 11 is the optic zeroing. It goes from 0m to 200m, which are the usual settings I stay at, but to be honest I'm not sure how it applies to the ACOG or the 1x optics. In BF3 I actively used the BDC reticle to great effect, especially with the M417 in a counter sniper role. Now trying to dope a target at long range is more of a guessing game until I get a hit marker, and then send em home.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 5:13:51 PM EDT
[#7]
It just takes time to get used too. Once I learned the maps and found a set up I liked I've been doing much better. My gun of choice has been the m16 with acog
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 5:16:36 PM EDT
[#8]
It could also be that you're coming up against people with optics, recoil compensators, and foregrips.  It's tough sledding at first with no accessories and iron sights.

Link Posted: 12/7/2013 6:14:07 PM EDT
[#9]
You can say that again. Primary setups are as follows:

My M416 has the compensator, AFG, and EOtech w/ 2x magnifier. Thinking of changing the AFG to the stubby grip since apparently it closes the spread on full auto fire.

My M16A4 has the ACOG, AFG, and compensator. Would've used the Heavy Barrel but it fucks up the burst fire at range.

My MK. 11 MOD. 0 is fitted with the suppressor, AFG, and EOtech w/ 2x magnifier. So far it's been good to go, no complaints.

Haven't gotten too involved with the ACW-R yet. Haven't needed it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 7:37:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I wouldn't be too hard on yourself yet.  The game is broken as fuck right now, especially if you're on console.  I'd go play something else until DICE gets these patches out.
View Quote

We have a winner.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 8:18:51 PM EDT
[#11]
I played alot of BC2 (210 hours) and BF3(655 hours) with good stats. Im doing fairly well in BF4 (Division 1 SPM, Rank 92.) , i like alot of the changes they made and it seems to be working for me. Yes there are some issues that need fixed, but im still having fun. I recently started using the MK11 as well and im loving it with Reflex sight, suppressor and AFG.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 12:09:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm going with this.  I had a GREAT deal of trouble picking out the other team when I first go on.  I actually had the same problem with BF3 but adjusted over time.  I'm starting to feel myself adjusting to BF4 now.

Link Posted: 12/8/2013 12:16:01 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote

This.

And I'm not sure what maps Grim is playing but my battles are not all 5ft in distance.

With the proper camo and with the terrain details and texture details enemies are hard to find. Especially if you are playing hardcore mode.

Run a gun with the most control as most of the damage stats are all the same. The AK5C and AK12 are beastly because they are so stable.

There are also a lot of new indirect fire weapons that make clearing structures more hazardous.

Link Posted: 12/8/2013 12:17:58 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

It could also be that you're coming up against people with optics, recoil compensators, and foregrips.  It's tough sledding at first with no accessories and iron sights.  
View Quote

This as well. Run 24/7 lockers on normal mode and spam the crap out of peeps to get some unlocks.

Link Posted: 12/8/2013 2:55:42 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Run 24/7 lockers on normal mode and spam the crap out of peeps to get some unlocks.

View Quote

If this were a crime, I'd be guilty as hell.  
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 5:44:20 PM EDT
[#16]
I was ranked in the top 30 on all the VI and ToC ranked servers for BF3 and am mainly a tanker. Figured I would take a few days to learn the new maps and then proceed to get 45-1 runs on maps again like I would on Firestorm and a few other tank/air maps.

I started playing and learned the hard way that the overall game has both changed, and there are alot of broken and/or unbalanced issues that I hope they attend to. What I've noticed:

- Infantry are much harder to see even in the open terrain now. I remember thinking to myself a million times in BF3 that no matter how well someone hid, they always stuck out against any terrain/rock/grass/whatever. There is a reason they give you 2 options in vehicles with the thermal and IR now. Overall while this is a bit more annoying, I agree with it.

- This has turned slightly into a larger area Modern Warfare/CoD spam game now to an extent. Balancing/updates are needed to negate this as I feel most BattleField players hate this type of play.

- Heavier emphasis on LAV's in BF4 which is good, and I like the amount of customization you can do with the vehicles as sort of a rock, paper, scissors approach.

- The AC130 / bombers that you can spawn from 1 control point are overdone and retarded. They have little armor/hit points and usually always destroyed within 5 seconds by AA/aircraft. The fact that you can continually re-spawn them and have the 'ENEMY BOMBER LAUNCHED" bullshit flashing on your screen every 10 seconds is annoying. They should either remove these or make them into a rarer, heavier hitting thing that takes teamwork and skill to get going.

- AT Infantry, especially with the LAW need to be balanced. You can reload the LAW in under 2 seconds, only need to aim it somewhat near the vehicle you're shooting at, it tracks the rest of the way and then hits with zero warning because its not laser guided. Infantry can reload, fire, hide before the tank even knows its being shot at. This is fine, except for the fact that this can reload in >2 seconds and has no countermeasure to deflect it other than Active Protection that has a 24 second cool-down. The way AT weapons were in BF3 were almost ideal.

- Tank countermeasures and armor are a joke. Smoke no longer breaks/interferes with an IR lock after the weapon is launched and the smoke 'screen' from it is gone as well as it evaporates with 2 seconds rather than giving you concealment for a bit to maneuver. Active protection will work ONCE in 24 seconds against any incoming 'smart' munitions. That's it; once, in 24 seconds when you have people able to spam shit at you with >2 second reloading times. Everyone is still trying to figure out if reactive armor even works as sometimes you will have full sides, get hit, and receive damage. Add this to now having everyone spamming AT weapons, problems seeing infantry as well as you having no real countermeasures or an offset to any of it and there is very little you can do outside of blowing the shit out of people or using the terrain in a tank; you cannot lead a frontal assault with them as you'll be blown up very quickly if doing so.

- Weapon splash is nonexistent. Armor gets what BF4 calls an AT round, HE round and Sabot round. Contrary to popular belief, the HE round isn't HE in an aspect that it explodes and has splash damage. Instead its the higher damage AT round whereas the Sabot does a little less damage but has a higher velocity. The AT round is a balance between them; you can land any of the 3 rounds next to infantry and it'll do nothing; then only one I've noticed with any splash is the AT round while minimal.

- The maps are all kind of lackluster. Nothing about them screams play me 1000 times. I don't know what it is about them but they don't really grab me. Either the flag is inside and just in a room/corner or whatever or outside and in fairly open land to just take it instead of have a lengthy fight over it. Also, for them to say BF4 has more destructible terrain makes me think they're fucking delusional. You cannot destroy any construction equipment, most medium sized buildings (not the huge things, like regular office buildings in Lancam, Golmund, the resort, etc),  and things like concrete piping, truck cargo, etc just laying there - indestructible and infantry sits in them.

- Major issue is the collision physics. Tanks fishtail and almost do a 180 on any terrain, someone gets off a bike in the path of a tank going 40kph and the tank almost flips, gets stuck and flips around. Same with a jeep or hitting another tank or structure. This is so poor I literally got into a fight with a fallen tree that had gotten stuck on my tank and practically flipped me over. Ridiculous.

There is way more, but these are what stick out to me.

Link Posted: 12/8/2013 7:38:58 PM EDT
[#17]
It's just a new game. I absolutely hated it at first. Once you find a weapon that works for you and start unlocking the accessories, you'll perform much better.

I recommend the ACE23 and the ACE52 CQB. The ACE52 has excellent max damage (34 vs. 25 for most assault rifles, so 3 shots to kill rather than 4), a reasonably high ROF, and a nice deep 25 round magazine. It's becoming my favorite rifle.

In terms of machine guns, the MG4 is brutal if you like high capacity high ROF guns. If you like the heavy fisted MGs and can manage the recoil, the PKP Pecheneg is also amazing.

The problem is that none of these weapons are early unlocks.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 2:25:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Thought most of the assault rifles were 30 damage
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 4:45:20 AM EDT
[#19]
I wondered the same thing. I used to be a beast in a tank and running engineer with an m4 I had accrued a 1.65 k/d with every assighent,ribbon, medal, and equipment slot unlocked on every class. now I'm mediocre with assault,engineer and I just plain suck with support. Then I pull out the recon class which I hate because I like to be in the battle so I basically run through the map as an active sniper with my srr6 and a master key shotgun getting an average of 30-5 almost every map. I started out with the recon and everytime I try to move to a different class my k/d drops below 1.  I can out shoot someone running at me with a full auto weapon blazing away I can out shoot anyone up close with the my master key if I don't miss the first shot and tanks fall to peices in my wake.  Yet I slap on the assault class for five minutes and I get bitched. Maybe it's my play style or all the other classes just suck I know they monkey fucked the lmg's because if you run around with a beltfed and unload up close and personnel you'll most likely die 9 outa 10 times.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 11:46:01 AM EDT
[#20]
It was rough at first but after I got the hang of it I got a lot better. It still depends a lot on the competition. I play some rounds and do great. Then I'll get hooked up with some guys that are just nuts and get killed non stop. Playing a little and getting better weapons and unlocks helps tremendously too.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 7:26:21 PM EDT
[#21]
I was in a match the other night, and a dude on the other team was flat out RAPING everyone with a Z11. He had a repairman on board, so every time he'd get to smoking heavy, he'd fly out of range, get repairs, and come back for more.

The thing that pissed me off though was, he was shrugging off missile hits and mini gun fire like they were from a BB gun.

And also, what's with the no stationary AA platforms any more??
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:58:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I was in a match the other night, and a dude on the other team was flat out RAPING everyone with a Z11. He had a repairman on board, so every time he'd get to smoking heavy, he'd fly out of range, get repairs, and come back for more.

The thing that pissed me off though was, he was shrugging off missile hits and mini gun fire like they were from a BB gun.

View Quote

Yeah they made a new perk called gyro stabilizer it stops you from free spinning when hit by missiles. it sucks when your fighting against it but its awesome when your running it.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 6:19:08 AM EDT
[#23]
My KD was down to .5 when I first started playing it. I've got the hang of it now and got my KD up to around 1.6 with a pretty damn high SPM. If your team sucks in this game YOU will suck. There's not getting around it.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 6:48:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
My KD was down to .5 when I first started playing it. I've got the hang of it now and got my KD up to around 1.6 with a pretty damn high SPM. If your team sucks in this game YOU will suck. There's not getting around it.
View Quote

Yeah, I learned that the hard way. I was raging mad when I was getting smacked around and thinking, why is my team letting them run riot? Then I looked at the score and it was something like 34 - 76, and I said oh, that's why, because they're dead more than they're actually fighting.

My K/D is now up in the .6 range and slowly climbing now that I'm better at the game. I might reset it since I have premium and start from scratch with my improved skill set. I'm already Division 2 in DMR kills though so I don't wanna lose that when I'm so close to Div 1.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 10:43:34 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View Quote

That might have been Widgitybear.  He is arguably the best scout chopper pilot in the game.  He plays 5 or 6 hours per day and streams it all on his twitch.tv channel.

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 12:43:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

That might have been Widgitybear.  He is arguably the best scout chopper pilot in the game.  He plays 5 or 6 hours per day and streams it all on his twitch.tv channel.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't hate BF.. I see why people really like it.   However, this is one of the things I don't understand about it.   I watched that Widgity guy for a bit just to see what he did.   In the first game he spent the entire time crashing into buildings while using them for cover.   I understand he has somebody repairing for him, but he hit things a lot.  Seems like there should be more penalty for that.  

Then on the second game I watched he didn't like the map.   He died too much so he quit pretty soon after he joined.   It seemed like that was a regular thing for him.

ETA:  I am not saying he was crashing into buildings because he was bad.   It just looked like he wasn't worried about it because it didn't matter.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:20:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I don't hate BF.. I see why people really like it.   However, this is one of the things I don't understand about it.   I watched that Widgity guy for a bit just to see what he did.   In the first game he spent the entire time crashing into buildings while using them for cover.   I understand he has somebody repairing for him, but he hit things a lot.  Seems like there should be more penalty for that.  

Then on the second game I watched he didn't like the map.   He died too much so he quit pretty soon after he joined.   It seemed like that was a regular thing for him.

ETA:  I am not saying he was crashing into buildings because he was bad.   It just looked like he wasn't worried about it because it didn't matter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

wow, watching that guy play was a WTF moment. Cant believe that garbage.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 2:23:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Sitting at 1.15 K/D through the first couple hours with all default weaponry / no upgrades

I expect to greatly improve as I unlock. Have a 1.77 K/D on BF3 through 350 hours.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:09:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, it wasn't WB. It was some other mook that sucked when he wasn't flying...
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 9:37:08 AM EDT
[#30]
I ran into a guy in a scout chopper either yesterday or the night before. you could not shoot the guy down. wish I could remember his name.

it was a squad in the chopper. Engineers running Stingers and the chopper had heatseekers. one would repair the damage while the other shot AA missles and he shot heatseekers. you could not stay in the air against them.  I did manage to shoot him down twice with the MRAW or SRAW. whichever is the wire guided one. he came too low and hovered for just long enough. pretty sure those were his only deaths.

xbox360 btw.

I was playing Dom a lot but started playing more rush and conquest. I didn't do very well at first but once I started trying different classes and combos I was getting better.  

I think I'm better on this one than BF3. I couldnt play BC2 online for crap.

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 10:34:45 AM EDT
[#31]
honestly. I feel like I'm doing better in bf4 than I did in BF3 or BC2.

if you are running recon heres a trick I like to do. Rather than scanning for enemies through your scope use the PLA. it doesn't put off scope glint to my knowledge and being thermal things stand out better. also the soflam like tagging is a nice benefit if a vehicle comes rollig/flying by
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top