Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/15/2004 7:30:36 PM EDT
Why do girls don't like dating a guy shorter then they are?  I like chicks of every heigh from 5'0 through 6'0 its all good to me, yet it seems like girls are really picky when it comes to a guys height.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:47:37 PM EDT
[#1]
begging the obvious question

how tall are you??
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:53:32 PM EDT
[#2]
6'3, so my own height isn't an issue (Even though some short girls tell me I'm to tall )

This is just bothering me cause I've seen so many girls who will find a man thats perfect for them, but they break up so I'll ask what happened and they will say that they just couldn't get over being slightly taller then the guy.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:54:37 PM EDT
[#3]
ohh yea and if girls want guys to be taller then them, then why do they wear high heeled shoes?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:08:02 PM EDT
[#4]
On a similar note (I guess) I don't find women taller than me to be attractive as a prospective mate. Which sucks since I'm 5'2".  

I'm kidding - I'm 6-nothing.

I can find women taller than me attractive, but not as mates - am I making any sense?  Laurie Dhue, for example, is a good-looking woman, but I would never date her.  Save your fingers with the "...like you'd have a chance..." stuff - I was just using someone that y'all would know as an example.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:10:39 PM EDT
[#5]
no clue--dont recall it ever being an issue

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:51:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:14:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Dated a girl about 3" taller than me for a year in High School.

She didn't seem to mind and it certainly did not bother me, she had the longest legs I'd ever had wrapped around me.

I'm 5'9"
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:31:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Well Im 5'8 or something like that, Im told Im short all the time.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:11:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Feels weird, especially if the girl's wearing heels.

I personally like my guys to be about 6'1", 160 lbs, dark hair, green eyes, posts by the name of leelaw...
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:50:01 AM EDT
[#10]
I usually dated guys that were taller,but had dated a couple of guys that were shorter. It all depends on the guy. Their attitude,etc. My husband is only a couple of inches taller than I am. I guess it also depends on how secure the guy is.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 3:28:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 3:32:03 AM EDT
[#12]
I don't think that is a true general statement.  Being 6' myself I have observed that shorter girls prefer tall guys.  My hubby is - according to his claims - one and a quarter inch shorter than me.

Quoted:
Why do girls don't like dating a guy shorter then they are?  I like chicks of every heigh from 5'0 through 6'0 its all good to me, yet it seems like girls are really picky when it comes to a guys height.

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 3:35:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:31:31 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I usually dated guys that were taller,but had dated a couple of guys that were shorter. It all depends on the guy. Their attitude,etc. My husband is only a couple of inches taller than I am. I guess it also depends on how secure the guy is and his shoe size.

My special friend is taller than me, without heels.  I never think about it.  Although I do catch her looking at my shoes a lot.

When you are into somebody nothing matters.  If personal taste prevents a connection from happening, it is just natural selection.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:48:19 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm 5'9" and I love tall women.  I dated a volleyball player in college that was six feet, three inches of the hottest blonde goddess I've ever had the pleasure of being ridden into the ground by.

Height was never an impediment for me.  I've dated a lot of chicks taller than me.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:53:35 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I'm 5'9" and I love tall women.  I dated a volleyball player in college that was six feet, three inches of the hottest blonde goddess I've ever had the pleasure of being ridden into the ground by.

Height was never an impediment for me.  I've dated a lot of chicks taller than me.

And he ended up marrying little 'ole short me: 5'2".

I think one reason that women don't like short guys is that they tend to have "little man syndrome."  One of the hottest guys in my high school was barely over 5 feet tall, but he was the boggest asshole to walk the earth and God forbid you mention his height.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:54:56 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think one reason that women don't like short guys is that they tend to have "little man syndrome."  One of the hottest guys in my high school was barely over 5 feet tall, but he was the boggest asshole to walk the earth and God forbid you mention his height.

This is true...but let's not forget the "chicks dig assholes" factor.  You married ME, remember?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:55:59 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Kind of funny the "short Greek guys" both posted here."  Again, I think shoe size comes in to play.  If you can walk the walk, you ain't got time to talk.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:56:33 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is true...but let's not forget the "chicks dig assholes" factor.  You married ME, remember?

Yeah, but you're an asshole about everything, not just your height!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:57:18 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

So true.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:58:21 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kind of funny the "short Greek guys" both posted here."  Again, I think shoe size comes in to play.  If you can walk the walk, you ain't got time to talk.

Yeah, well, I happen to think short Greek guys are kinda hot...if I ever decide to reproduce at least my children will have a chance to get some pigment.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:08:27 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, well, I happen to think short Greek guys are kinda hot...if I ever decide to reproduce at least my children will have a chance to get some pigment.

I am outta here!  Joking, laughing, spitting.

Your kid will get more than pigment.  Our "asshole about everything" trait is precious too.  ( I love that!)
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:03:09 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I personally like my guys to be about 6'1", 160 lbs, dark hair, green eyes, posts by the name of leelaw...

Damn, is he anorexic or something?  6'1 and 160 lbs is scrawny, give that man a cheeseburger
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:06:13 AM EDT
[#24]
According to my wife it is because their heads always sit in her breast when she danced with them.

Wife is 5'10" and I am 6'4"

Short people got nobody...short people got, no reason to live.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:07:26 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Funny to run across this topic because I just had to tell a guy the other day that I don't see us going anywhere romantically because, while he is 6'2", he is so slender that he made the comment that my biceps are bigger than his.  

Did you at least arm wrestle him first to see whos stronger?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:13:04 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I'm 5'8" and I generally wear heels so that puts me anywear from 5'10" to 6'.  And I'm "healthy"... i.e. peasant woman stock... built to carry heavy loads long distances and birth babies sideways.  

To answer a couple questions.... I wear heels because I like them.  They make your legs look longer and I feel sexy in them.  

As for shorter men?  With me it's not just men who are shorter than me (and generally under 6' and I'm not as interested) but also those who are incredibly slender.  It's not that there's anything wrong with THEM... it's that I feel like an ogre or an amazon next to them and that makes me feel very unattractive.

Funny to run across this topic because I just had to tell a guy the other day that I don't see us going anywhere romantically because, while he is 6'2", he is so slender that he made the comment that my biceps are bigger than his.  

WAAAAAAY to make a girl feel attractive!!!!    

This post is worthless without pics!!  
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:37:16 AM EDT
[#27]
I almost married a guy who was 2 inches shorter than me.  I have always gone for short guys.  Hubby is 2" or 3" taller than me, so when I wear heels we are about the same height or I'm taller.  

I think it is really a matter of strength, though.  I want to feel protected in my man's arms.  It helps if he is taller than me, and if not, nice strong shoulders to lean my head on will make up for it.  

I had to correct myself.  I was trying to type "heels", but my fingers typed "hells" which might actually be more appropriate.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:47:53 AM EDT
[#28]
short dude and tall chick makes sex in the shower difficult.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:35:47 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
short dude and tall chick makes sex in the shower difficult.  

and there you have it!!!

Finally someone with the REAL answer.

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:56:49 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Funny to run across this topic because I just had to tell a guy the other day that I don't see us going anywhere romantically because...he made the comment that my biceps are bigger than his.  

You should've held on to him - he's smoooooth.  

Quoted:

Speaking of Greek guys: I've never been to Pompei personally, but I've been told that the fossilized statue-remains are very short - like 5'0"-5'3" and we know how tough those guys were.  Of course, the people who have told me this saw these people in the ancient brothels so maybe just the Greek perverts were short.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:16:14 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So have you let him know how you feel?

I think he has an idea.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:35:47 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Damn, is he anorexic or something?  6'1 and 160 lbs is scrawny, give that man a cheeseburger

Fast metabolism.  Eats a full meal and two hours later he's hungry again.

He's not scrawny, he's got a great build.  Guess he just doesn't have a beer gut like some of the other fellas here.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:11:16 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He's not scrawny, he's got a great build.  Guess he just doesn't have a beer gut like some of the other fellas here.

Hey ...... I resemble that remark.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:11:28 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Funny to run across this topic because I just had to tell a guy the other day that I don't see us going anywhere romantically because...he made the comment that my biceps are bigger than his.  

You should've held on to him - he's smoooooth.  

Quoted:

Speaking of Greek guys: I've never been to Pompei personally, but I've been told that the fossilized statue-remains are very short - like 5'0"-5'3" and we know how tough those guys were.  Of course, the people who have told me this saw these people in the ancient brothels so maybe just the Greek perverts were short.  

Unfortunately, Pompeii is in Italy not Greece.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:19:42 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey ...... I resemble that remark.

I know, cheap shot.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:29:32 AM EDT
[#36]
I'm 6'7" and my wife is 5'9" and former college volleyball player. I never liked tall (over 6') girls. My wife jokes about how I don't like tall women. Maybe it's because I never got along with my sister who is 6'2".

My ex was 5'3".

Dated a girl that was 6'1" for a while. She was so excited with my height she wore heels everytime we went out.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:33:40 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Right, but weren't the inhabitants of Greek decendancy?

Even if they were Roman there were still tough.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:38:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Aren't we all Greek?

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 12:25:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Funny, I'm 5'7" and I never dated anyone over 5'10".  Don't wear CFM heals often, but when I do, it puts me at about his height or a little taller, no big deal.  Doesn't bother me.

But I do admit that it's fun to get a hug from a big tall guy.  A good friend of mine is 6'8" and a big cuddly grape-ape of a man (long monkey arms and everything) I loves me some big tall monkey hugs.    

And don't knock big fat guys - they're great!!!!! I look skinny next to my husband.    Some folk have a 6-pack, well my honey has the whole damn keg. woo hoo!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 12:30:10 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Funny, I'm 5'7" and I never dated anyone over 5'10".  Don't wear CFM heals often, but when I do, it puts me at about his height or a little taller, no big deal.  Doesn't bother me.

But I do admit that it's fun to get a hug from a big tall guy.  A good friend of mine is 6'8" and a big cuddly grape-ape of a man (long monkey arms and everything) I loves me some big tall monkey hugs.    

And don't knock big fat guys - they're great!!!!! I look skinny next to my husband.    Some folk have a 6-pack, well my honey has the whole damn keg. woo hoo!

...a keg?  That is funny...
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 12:54:12 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Aren't we all Greek?

I guess if you go back far enough...    
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:30:38 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Aren't we all Greek?

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope, but I had a Greek friend, whenever we went to diners with him we got treated like royalty
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 3:53:44 PM EDT
[#43]
I think this is just a personal preference just as a preference for any other physical attribute.  I know plenty of married couples in which the woman is shorter.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:49:59 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm 5'1.7535861" so don't tend to consider height much since practically everyone is taller than me anyway
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:52:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Height is not a crucial factor for me, but confidence in a man is.  I am 5'6 and like to wear heels when I go out; they make me feel sexy and, well, very much like a woman.  I have dated men who were an inch or so shorter than me when I was in my heels, and have been asked by them not to wear the heels because it made them feel short.  This was their problem, not mine, but the fact that my height in heels made them feel uncomfortable told me that they had no confidence, and that is definately a deal breaker for me.  

I tend to date men who are taller than me, in between 5'9 and 6'4.  I don't think that it is the height as much as the confidence that attracts me.  I  handle my own in life and am a pretty tough chick, so when I am with a man, I very much like to feel like I can be a woman, and let him take charge.  If I were to meet a man with the confidence and strength to be a man and happened to be a little shorter than me, no problem.  

Please remember, though, I live in So Cal, and so often I have wondered where all the men went!  Men here are, in general, so wimpy it is unbelievable, regardless of height.  I once dated a guy (note, not man even though he was 30) who was good looking and 6'1, but was so wishy washy I had to break it off after the 2nd date.  Goes to show that there is much more to a man than just height!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:29:33 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Height is not a crucial factor for me, but confidence in a man is.  I am 5'6 and like to wear heels when I go out; they make me feel sexy and, well, very much like a woman.  

Me too.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:37:42 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am 6' and 160 pounds and eat two burgers a day, but it doesnt work.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:42:33 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I'm 5'8" and I generally wear heels so that puts me anywear from 5'10" to 6'.  And I'm "healthy"... i.e. peasant woman stock... built to carry heavy loads long distances and birth babies sideways.  

To answer a couple questions.... I wear heels because I like them.  They make your legs look longer and I feel sexy in them.  

<zap>

M_M, you kill me.

6' 5"

Danny
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:07:32 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

You're young, right?  It will eventually.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:02:54 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're young, right?  It will eventually.  

Hes still young, once he hits the 20 year slump it will catch on to him
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top