[#1]
Because he's a RINO.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:22:18 PM EDT
[#2]

MAJOR MEGLOMANIAC ANTI-GUNNER!

That enough for you?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:22:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Easy.  Most of us here don't like democrats.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:22:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:22:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Because he came back from Vietnam somehow...different.

He is the Manchurian Candidate.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:23:52 PM EDT
[#6]
All above, and from personal experience, he's a first rate asshole who can't die fat enough. Fuck him!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:24:32 PM EDT
[#7]
His campaign reform bill

His anti-torture amendment

Well, in fact his everything.

I WANT REAL CONSERVATIVES!!!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:25:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I am SUSPICIOUS of ANY republican who receives a warm reception at CNN!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:26:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Are you kidding me?

Do you like being able to do legal private party firearms transactions? McCain doesn't want you to.

His sacrifice for this country is noble but he is no friend of the gun owner.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:26:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:27:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
MAJOR MEGLOMANIAC ANTI-GUNNER!

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:28:31 PM EDT
[#12]
cuz he's a fucking RINO, actually I'm more pissed at the AZ GOP who won't let anyone run against him
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:28:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Although John McCain is a "war hero" and former POW that should know what real torture is after what he suffered in NVA captivity, he has turned into a whiney libtard.  What respect I have had for him is long gone.  Any one that would call sleep deprivation "torture" has to be a libtard wuss.  Sleep deprivation is accepted by the Geneva and Hague conventions on the treatment of prisoners of war.  Having been an Interrogator, I can attest to the fact that it is within the training recieved by the military and in compliance with regulations.  The amount of "sleep deprivation" endured by students at the SERE course is often less than that experienced by the staff.  

This is just one example.  Others include his membership in the so called "gang of 14" and his appeasement policies.  Even though he is considered a "moderate", he is truly a RINO in all senses of the phrase.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:29:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Because he's a RINO that has taken advantage of having been a POW to make himself out to be more important than he is. He's a backstabbing asshole who cannot be relied upon because he cares more about himself than anyone else.

There's a reason why the media and so many dims love him.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:32:11 PM EDT
[#15]
He is a stupid ass bitch boy?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:32:36 PM EDT
[#16]
A big +1 on what everyone said and in addition to that he is a big cry baby.  When he got stomped in 2000 primary debates he went on TV and told GW that he was mean and the things he said hurt him.  WTF, it's politics it's going to happen at some point in time so just get over it.

Unfortunately since most of the country disapproves with how far GW has gone every poll right now is showing John McCain as the top pick for the 2008 election.  Of course there isn't really any competition but his ratings were 40+% of Republicans would vote for him.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:34:08 PM EDT
[#17]
He's a Democrat of the worst kind.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:34:20 PM EDT
[#18]
He is a RINO

He hates the 1st Amendment, he sponsored Campaing Finance Reform.

He hates the 2nd Amendment, he loves every peice of gun control law that gets passed.

He watered down the Ultimate Fighting Championship, he started what is now the mess of laws that regulate mixed martial arts compitetions.

edited to add

He is "Anti-Torture", which isn't really torture at all.

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:35:51 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Because he's a RINO.

+1

He's screwed gun owners, 1st Amendment lovers & conservatives. He really had to try to do all that, IMO.

Fuck him & his political aspirations.  

I do respect his POW status though.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:35:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Aside from undermining the Senate majority at every opportunity in order to win kudos and adulation from the press as a "good" Republican, McCain's not a very wise or thoughtful man, who doesn't seem to understand the unintended consequences of legislation he takes the lead in pushing for, like his unconstitutional and ineffective campaign finance reform act, or his call to absolutely prohibit torture under all circumstances except when it's too late to be effective (like when there's a nuke ticking away in an American city a la '24'; then McCain is ok with torture).
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:37:39 PM EDT
[#21]
He was brainwashed while imprisoned in Vietnam.  

He is just waiting for his "codeword" to intiate a coup.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:39:39 PM EDT
[#22]
In my experience I have seen few politicians as two faced as this cocksucker.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:43:44 PM EDT
[#23]

'Let's play some solitaire,Raymond John."

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:45:54 PM EDT
[#24]
He's  a Democrat running as a Republican and is a friggin nutcase...
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:46:14 PM EDT
[#25]
rino
media whore
sellout
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:47:46 PM EDT
[#26]
He just plain sucks
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:51:07 PM EDT
[#27]
And he's a very angry man..
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:58:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Think how scary this might have been.....

McCain: 'The Manchurian Candidate?'

By Edward Neilan
SPECIAL TO WORLD TRIBUNE.COM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 23, 2000

TOKYO -- If you are looking for an Asia-angle omen to help choose a U.S. Presidential election winner, there is the coincidence that three recent candidates have been victims of enemy action in the Pacific. Two of them were elected President.

John F. Kennedy, who was 35th President , serving from 1961 until his assassination in 1963, was a U.S. Navy PT boat commander in the U.S. Navy 1941-45. His PT 109 was rammed by a Japanese destroyer in the Solomon Islands.

George H.W. Bush, 41st President, was a U.S.Navy pilot in World War II and shot down by Japanese gunners near the Bonin Islands.

A third U.S. Presidential aspirant-- so far unelected and battling uphill to get nominated-- to be hit by enemy action was John M. McCain, the Arizona Senator.

His U.S. Navy jet was struck by North Vietnamese fire over Hanoi and McCain spent five-and-one-half years in various prisoner-of-war camps and was tortured. He still has physical scars from those days, notably he cannot lift his arms over shoulder level.

What about mental or psychological scars?

Much has been made of so-called "brainwashing" and mind-bending pressures employed by Communist armies, terrorists, espionage masterminds and some intelligence agencies. This cerebral tampering is supposed to trigger behavioral changes and specific responses to subliminal code words.

The most memorable work of fiction wherein an American military man is captured, tortured and much later turns up in an American Presidential campaign, was the 1958 Richard Condon novel "The Manchurian Candidate." In it, a fictitious American prisoner Sgt. Raymond Shaw is programmed by Chinese captors to influence a U.S. Presidential election of the future when he is "fed" certain keywords.

A motion picture of "The Manchurian Candidate" in 1962 caused even more controversy than the book. John Frankenheim was the director of the film which starred Frank Sinatra, Laurence Harvey and Angela Lansbury.

A paperback reprint in 1988 sold out.

Psychological and behavioral studies in the past 30 years have pretty much discredited the brainwashing concept. There is little evidence to indicate that a man can be programmed through external stimuli, like a modern Pavlov's dog, to do another man's bidding. Even hypnosis could be said to have a "statute of limitations."

So there is scant chance that a real-life "Manchurian Candidate" could work his way into the political process and follow directions from a devious third party.

What about the opposite? Would a tortured prisoner have residual feelings of vengeance and revenge and seek retribution toward former captors?

History suggests that incarceration has a thoughtful, intensifying effect that tends to galvanize the strong points of character. In Asia, there are the examples of Korea's Syngman Rhee and Kim Dae-jung and Vietnam's Ho Chi Minh.

James Bond Stockdale, a U.S. Navy pilot who like McCain was shot down over North Vietnam and was imprisoned, has written several books on his experiences. Two were published by the Hoover Institution in 1993: "Thoughts of A Philosophical Fighter Pilot," and "Courage Under Fire: Testing Epictetus's Doctrines in A Laboratory of Human Behavior."

Stockdale claims that McCain's character was improved in the crucible of prison and that he would make a fine candidate, capable of withstanding intense pressures.

McCain's main battle this week in seeking the Republican nomination seems to be against that peripatetic foe known as "momentum."

From the point of view of demographics and sheer voter numbers down the road, a Bush-McCain ticket is looking more and more attractive.

Edward Neilan ([email protected]) is a veteran journalist, based in Tokyo, who covers East Asia and writes weekly for World Tribune.com.

February 23, 2000

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:00:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Don't forget he also blew up the USS Forrestal.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:01:50 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Because he's a RINO that has taken advantage of having been a POW to make himself out to be more important than he is. He's a backstabbing asshole who cannot be relied upon because he cares more about himself than anyone else.

There's a reason why the media and so many dims love him.

Yup.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:04:27 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
His campaign reform bill

His anti-torture amendment

Well, in fact his everything.

I WANT REAL CONSERVATIVES!!!

+1
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:15:07 PM EDT
[#32]
McCain-Feingold. The 1stA equivalent of the AWB.
Plus his voting record on firearms bills is abysmal.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:23:14 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
McCain-Feingold. The 1stA equivalent of the AWB.
Plus his voting record on firearms bills is abysmal.

Don't forget, Mcain Feingold exempted "Native American" donations from being included in the bill.
Oh, BTW, John Mcain just happens to be the #1 reciever of campain funds from "Native Americans". Wow, what a coincedence. Who would have guessed?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:25:06 PM EDT
[#34]
he is a vindictive traitor...
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:42:52 PM EDT
[#35]
He was involved in the death of 134 sailors on the USS Forestall in 1967.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:48:35 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Elcamino nailed it.

The Rino bastage isn't what he seems.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:56:55 PM EDT
[#37]
RINO
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:05:36 PM EDT
[#38]
McCain apparently suffers from Stolkholm Syndrome as a result of his POW ordeal. I hate to say it, but I wish he never made it out alive. He seems to love the communism and tyranny that he once fought against.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:59:44 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:04:04 PM EDT
[#40]
I respect his service but the same is with Murtha
I no longer espect the men
My grandfather a WWII vet has always said about McCain you cannot be beat  that much for that long and still be "right" I agree
How you could forgive those fucks is beyond me  regular warfare is one thing but torture for yers and years is another
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:30:41 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:33:16 AM EDT
[#42]
He's an anti-gun RINO
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:40:03 AM EDT
[#43]
traitor

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:03:01 AM EDT
[#44]
As if everything else that has already been said wasn't bad enough...

He's Pro-Illegal Alien!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:04:43 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
-See Topic-

Because he seems to have lost his mind.

He used to be pretty reliable, but as his hunger for media attention and the Presidency increased, he seemed to go flat looney.

Anyone that Chris Matthews thinks is a good pick for public office scares the hell out of me.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:10:41 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
As if everything else that has already been said wasn't bad enough...

He's Pro-Illegal Alien!

that's my biggest reason.

In this order:
McCain took Ted Kennedy's side in support of illegal immigrants, instead of Jon Kyl's side (who is acting in his state's best interest)
McCain doesn't feel we need gun rights
McCain doesn't want us to torture terrorists
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:35:20 AM EDT
[#47]
Damn I used to hate the son of a bitch... but now....  all the shit he has done, compiled into a list....

FUCKING REVOLTING
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:09:53 AM EDT
[#48]
There is nothing I can add that previous posters haven't said. Other than say I agree.

I could never vote for him ever. Period.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:42:50 AM EDT
[#49]
Because his neck looks like a foreskin.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:49:02 AM EDT
[#50]
Wiping his ass with the Consitution comes to mind. His campaign finance reform bill was probably the largest attack on the first ammendment in our lifetimes.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top