Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2002 8:57:48 AM EDT
[size=4]NO!...[/size=4]Im not talking about the womminz[sex] body!.....I use'to do it because I must have had a rageing metabolism(idontknow)and could not sleep well at night unless I was TOTALLY physically exhausted.Well,[thinking],that was one reason anyway.I guess I just liked it,the personal challenge of could [b]I[/b]get that extra rep or the accomplishment of reaching a new MAX.in a major lift.(ie.bench,squat).Im told of runners who push themselves the same way...for that extra 1/2 mi or the like.I hear it releases natural opiate type substances in the brain called endorphins,seratonins,I wonder if its a brain/cheministry type of certain people who workout/lift?.[whacko]I know some who think its stupid............and the girls,well there are fewer in this activity/sport than in the mens lockerroom.....KIND'A[rolleyes]mostly they just meander around and stick to the streching,aroebic part of the deal.There are exceptions of course.[:D]
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 10:21:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 2:10:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I only worked the body, 'cuz I had a coach yelling at me, and it seems like they welded 300# on everything us lineman had to do, and then added weight.  They let me eat 4-5 times a day, so I'd weigh 300+, and could protect he QB's backside without some defensive end picking me up and marching us back in his face.

Now I wish I had been a swimmer, or a X-country runner.  I don't even eat that much, but I am a slug!  I'm considering Crystal Meth to up my metabolism! [ouch]
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 11:21:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 1:55:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Why do I work out?  For that wonderful feeling of exhaustion and contentment when I'm DONE. [:D]

Also because it's a good stress reliever for me... and it's good for my health... and I look and feel better.  

Plus, where else but the gym can you go where there are so many sweaty mens to oogle! [}:D]
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 2:09:35 PM EDT
[#5]

The reasons are endless.

The question is...why would'nt you work that body? [:D]
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 2:42:45 PM EDT
[#6]
For me it's the fact I don't want to feel held back in anyway.

If I was to be a big fatass, how could I run for extended periods of time IF my life EVER came under danger and couldn't protect myself.
What about under stressful situations, being physically fit ensure's my body and mind will be in their peak so I can react accordingly.

My Biological father, I saw him for the first time in ten year 6 months ago.
What a chunk... I don't ever want to be like him.

My gene's aren't exactly perfect, I gain fat sorta like a women, in the hips and sides of the stomach, I want to be sure I'm doing the best for my body.

We all have our reasons, but the biggest one we all can agree on is that IT MAKES YOU FEEL GOOD ABOUT YOURSELF!
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 11:52:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Now I wish I had been a swimmer, or a X-country runner.  I don't even eat that much, but I am a slug!  I'm considering Crystal Meth to up my metabolism! [ouch]
View Quote

Maybe that's the secret!!  My metabolism is not that great either...Thanks for the idea!!!  [whacko]
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 11:18:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Of course I am not an expert, and this is my disclaimer. Advice is given only for entertainment purposes, and not meant to advise, or instruct.  I would never recomend anyone do any illegal drugs, no matter the outcome.

If it works let me know! [8D]

Link Posted: 8/12/2002 12:40:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Because:

I enjoy working out
I enjoy feeling healthier for doing so
I like seeing the positive changes in my body
I like the challenge
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 7:15:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 8:12:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top