Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/15/2004 9:02:23 PM EST
I don't see anyone running out to buy F-15's or an aircraft carrier or an M1A1 Abrams...

So, a company says "fuck you" to the civilians...go buy from a company that doesn't...what's the problem???
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:04:31 PM EST
No problem here, I just buy from other companies. It's their choice.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:05:10 PM EST
Well for one any of those things are way out of my price range.

If I can get what I want for the right price I will go somewhere else. If I cant i'll try to find a way to get what I want.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:05:26 PM EST
Just cuz your state doesn't let you.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:05:28 PM EST
then what if all the companies do it, then what???
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:06:03 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:08:58 PM EST

Originally Posted By brushdog:

Just because my state says I can't doesn't mean I won't...
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:08:59 PM EST

Originally Posted By repub18:

Then most of them will go out of business. DUH!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:10:02 PM EST

Originally Posted By LARRYG:

and then we will be fucked
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:14:07 PM EST

Why, we've got our guns...
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:16:25 PM EST

Originally Posted By Stove_Pipe:
No problem here, I just buy from other companies. It's their choice.

+1
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:17:12 PM EST

You KNOW why.

And if you don't I could never explain it to you so you would understand.

Zen

"This is my rifle, there are many like it, but this one is mine"
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:19:24 PM EST

Originally Posted By ZEN:

You KNOW why.

Zen

Explain it to me, o wanna be zen master. So, I can't get a Colt, why not buy a Bushmaster? Duh...
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:19:58 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/15/2004 9:34:04 PM EST by Alien]
It's a company's right I suppose, but that doesn't make it right. What really bugs the hell out of me is all of these people that say Colt is with us, when they're most certainly not. They make excuses for Colt, like they don't want to get sued or that they have military contracts and Law Enforcement to take care of first, which is outright bullshit and untrue. They neutered their rifles BEFORE the ban, and yet with all these supposed "military contracts" (do they even actually HAVE an active military contract?) still sell neutered rifles. They could sell rifles for civilians off the same assembly lines that make the LEO rifles.

Look at Armalite and what they did in regard to the ban. They took out a full page ad in publications stating they'd give you an evil flash suppressor for FREE if you bought a post-ban rifle and the ban sunsetted as planned. Don't give me that "might get sued" and "must maintain appearances to the media" bullshit. If a smaller company like Armalite can get by just fine, surely big bad Colt can.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:28:58 PM EST

Originally Posted By Alien:
It's a company's right I suppose, but that doesn't make it right. What really bugs the hell out of me is all of these people that say Colt is with us, when they're most certainly not.

Time will tell.. Their track record sucks to present, that's for sure. Damn shame too, I really want a Python. Aah well, I suppose a S&W will get me there too..
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:39:11 PM EST
Someone here needs to find out who the operating and control contact is at Colt, as in who makes policy.......

then we as a collective can bombard them with reason, of why they should drop the PC crap and remember their roots in America......

Probably wouldn't do any good, but it may......as far as I know we havent done it.

I really like my Colt products alot......but not enough to support them any further, on my job or off.

I would just as soon build RRA, or Bushies for my guys.....

Armalite is a given.......I love that company. Mark W. is a GREAT guy and true supporter of freedom and rights in America......

Just why cant we get through to Colt?

Pilk
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:47:10 PM EST
So we get through to Colt...their products are too expensive anyways. We still end up buying from the others anyways.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:52:11 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:23:21 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:06:46 PM EST

WTF???????? You are making no sense at all. Most of the companies WON'T do it for that very reason.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 3:54:26 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:06:17 AM EST

Originally Posted By ZEN:

You KNOW why.

Zen

The Master.

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:09:34 AM EST
You're a screwball.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:09:36 AM EST

Originally Posted By John91498:
I don't see anyone running out to buy F-15's or an aircraft carrier or an M1A1 Abrams...

So, a company says "fuck you" to the civilians...go buy from a company that doesn't...what's the problem???

What evidence do you cite to support that "you guys" get bent out of shape. That is a very broad brush to paint with. What is your definition of "bent out of shape". Complaints about business practices from consumers are part of the free-market system.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:11:50 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/16/2004 4:12:12 AM EST by BUCC_Guy]
Stop being bitter because you are in Kali.

I won't send a single cent to Colt because they clearly don't support my right to own firearms to a point where I would support their goddamn company.

- BG

EDIT: I will buy used 1911s tho
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:12:18 AM EST
If a company won't sell to civilians, the company is essentially saying it doesn't believe civilians should have certain types of perfectly legal weapons. This is a position with which I do not agree. My response is to refuse to buy any products at all from that company to let them know I do not agree. That's the reason I don't buy colt or ruger products. Heck, I don't buy Heinz ketchup anymore either. But I agree it's a free country - they're entitled to their opinion and I'm entitled to make the decision not to buy from them.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:20:06 AM EST
Companies are free to do as they please, of course, but it bothers me that they have cowed to PC pressure. What good are gun rights if no one will sell you a gun? We are far from that, but I think it is a concern. The good news is that smaller manufacturers who are trying to gain a competitive edge are out there doing right by us.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:25:02 AM EST

Abrams tanks and F-15s are a red herring and you know it.
The point is that we have a Second Amendment in this country and gun owners appreciate it when gun manufacturers support it.
You don't have to be a rocket scientist to understand this.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:30:22 AM EST
??? Because if they aren't with us, they're against us. We are in a battle for the Second Amendment here, every day. We have Senators who would have them all collected and melted down if they could.

That's why.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:05:02 AM EST
I want to hear the answer to 82ndAbn's questions

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:07:37 AM EST

what can I say, guy......

that statement right there shows you're softening up and becoming one of the antis. soon you'll be asking why we need guns or why we need free speech....

Don't go to the dark side, pal.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 12:11:49 PM EST
Because they presume that I will use it for some evil reason, like when Colt firearms stoped selling the AR-15 to regular people it only makes guys like Dan Rather happy.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 12:19:44 PM EST

Originally Posted By brushdog:

Just because my state says I can't doesn't mean I won't...

Shhhhhhhh, you'll ruin it for the rest of us!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 12:29:05 PM EST

I don't buy those simply because I am not Bill Gates.

That said, when I get home from Afganistan I am buying an armoured vehicle (haven't decieded which one yet) and will eventually own a main battle tank. Lots of folks do.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 12:31:13 PM EST
What a goofy ass thread.
Top Top