Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2004 7:55:28 PM EDT
but they don't mind walking 3 miles through the mall when they get inside?  This is yet another thing about women I'll never understand.  My wife will drive around a parking lot until she finds a space close to the door of the mall, grocery store, wherever.  Once she gets inside,  she'll walk the entire length of the mall several times and never complain.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:20:49 PM EDT
[#1]
You didn't read the "women in expensive restaraunts" thread?  A closer spot is more prestigeous.  Plus, they think they are getting to the store faster.

It's chick logic.  Don't try to understand it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:23:20 PM EDT
[#2]
It's not just womenz.
I see plenty of homers doing it too.
All a bunch of lazy ass fuckers.
Our nation has become WAY too lazy !!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:27:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Whenever I go to a place where parkings always a bitch I'll just go straight for a kinda empty area all the while passengers will bitch "Why can't we get a closer spot".  The idiots don't realize that finding a good spot takes 5 mins and lots of hassle, walking that extra distance only takes 2 minutes.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:28:19 PM EDT
[#4]
This is one thing that ticks me off when I go out.  The guy will drive around to find a closer spot or even offer to let me out at the door.  There is nothing wrong with my legs and I can use the exercise, so just park!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:29:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:31:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:35:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:37:07 PM EDT
[#8]
It's not really laziness since she walks at least a mile when she goes to the mall.  For some reason walking across the parking lot must be different from walking through a store.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:37:34 PM EDT
[#9]
It's crazy... By the time one of them (women or otherwise) either drives around for a close spot, or waits for someone to vacate a spot, I can park WAAAAY out and be in the store.  Lazy.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:37:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:38:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:42:53 PM EDT
[#12]

There's a couple of reasons. Mostly it's because the act of shopping is entertainment for many women.  Time and distance are not relevent. Walking takes away some of the energy which could be used during shopping.

A more serious reason is safety. I made sure my wife parked as close as possible starting several years ago. There was a problem in a couple of the area malls with parking lot muggers. They only attacked women who parked away from the mall. The closer to the mall, the more activity, lower chances of mugging. One mall even installed guard towers for the security to watch the lots.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:51:30 PM EDT
[#13]
My wife will look toward the store, squint, and say - yep, I can still see the sign.  I hate door dings and don't mind walking.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:56:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Because ..............................................................................................................!

Edited badly spelled, poorly worded, and blatantly offensive remark.  While possibly meant as a joke,  the sheer crudeness of the remark has no place here.   The poster would be well off if he were to brush up on his spelling, grammar, and manners.  "Till then, avoid the public.  Poster booted.  e-mail dent to poster.  raf
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:57:26 PM EDT
[#15]
I must be the luckiest basard in town.

95% of the time I land a spot just outside the door.

damned if I know why, but that's the way it seems to work for me.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:30:28 PM EDT
[#16]
I tend to catch myself doing that. I will even move the car once parked if I see a closer spot open up. I feel like I have to do my personal best. It sounds dumb, but it will just really bug me if I don't get the best available spot. I also have a child to walk through the parking lot, and it can get to be as low as -60 degrees in the winter time here.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:46:04 PM EDT
[#17]
They have to finish putting on their make-up.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:48:00 PM EDT
[#18]
They just don't think.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 12:12:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Close parking spots = door dings.

I head for the farthest parking spot from the door and I still come out and find 90% of the time that some jerkoff has parked right next to me while any other car is at least 20 spaces away.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 12:27:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Unless it's hotter than hell or pouring rain I'll make ONE pass to see if something opens up close in and then I'll head for someplace in the South 40.

I love watching these idiots waiting 10 minutes for a parking spot.  Hey, asshole!  You could be IN THE FUCKING store by now, but NOOOOO... you just have to make all of us squeeze by your lazy ass as you take up space in the lane waiting for that family of 8 to load up their freaking SUV.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 1:02:55 AM EDT
[#21]
For me, I like to park as close to the business as possible for crime prevention reasons.  Walking doesn't bother me.  I figure criminals are more likely to break into cars that aren't as visible to where most of the people are.

I can imagine some women feel exposed if they have to walk all the way to the back of a parking lot.  They might believe there is more of a chance to be robbed if it takes a while to get in their car.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 3:06:06 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I must be the luckiest basard in town.

95% of the time I land a spot just outside the door.

damned if I know why, but that's the way it seems to work for me.

It wouldn't have anything to do with people getting out of the way of the "blind man" driving a car, would it?
I just park in the far end of the lot.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 3:43:19 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I tend to catch myself doing that. I will even move the car once parked if I see a closer spot open up. I feel like I have to do my personal best. It sounds dumb, but it will just really bug me if I don't get the best available spot. I also have a child to walk through the parking lot, and it can get to be as low as -60 degrees in the winter time here.

Edited to add.. this is mrsgungho.. I just forgot to log myself in... hate early mornings!
+1
Most of the time when I am searching for a closer spot, it is usually a closer spot to the cart return or an empty cart in the lot, this way I don't have to carry a 30+lb year and half old into the store.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 3:55:57 AM EDT
[#24]
They’re thinking ahead, what would happen if they hit the mother load of all sales that they can’t pass up and their LBH’s (load bearing hips) can’t take the distance out to the car.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:18:56 AM EDT
[#25]
It isn't just women, ethnics do it to.  What really bothers me are all the obese people you see who vulture the close spots.  They should be happy to get the exercise by walking and work off some of that extra weight, but they have to get that close spot.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:32:02 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
It isn't just women, ethnics do it to.  What really bothers me are all the obese people you see who vulture the close spots.  They should be happy to get the exercise by walking and work off some of that extra weight, but they have to get that close spot.

They sell counterfeit handicap parking authorizations in the hood for cheap
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:36:21 AM EDT
[#27]
They know they will have 100 lbs, of  stuff to haul away.

They're thinking ahead.

Edited to add: (GF is over my shoulder right now)
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:45:06 AM EDT
[#28]
In America, we worship sex.  Women and girls are the de facto "Goddesses" of this religion.  Sex is the sacrament of this religion.  As a result, women get this attitude that as the providers of this great sacrament, they deserve to be treated like princesses for the remainder of their lives.  There is a simple word for this ---   BITCHINESS  ---  and it describes way too many women.  They know they deserve whatever they want, whenever they want it and they will do the most insane shit do get it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:16:02 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They sell counterfeit handicap parking authorizations in the hood for cheap

So they're fake then? I wondered why there were so many handicapped drivers in Detroit. I swear, 20% of cars in the hood have handicap placards.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:25:10 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
In America, we worship sex.  Women and girls are the de facto "Goddesses" of this religion.  Sex is the sacrament of this religion.  As a result, women get this attitude that as the providers of this great sacrament, they deserve to be treated like princesses for the remainder of their lives.  There is a simple word for this ---   BITCHINESS  ---  and it describes way too many women.  They know they deserve whatever they want, whenever they want it and they will do the most insane shit do get it.

Wow, that's really insightful.  Good social commentary.  Pussy-whipped men really do ruin it for the rest of us.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:37:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Count me in as another guy who WILL NOT park anywhere close to the mall entrance, or for that matter any store entrance....I've got a 2000 GMC truck and you'll not find a door ding on him anywhere...a lot of people have no respect for someone elses property so I park as far away from an entrance as I think necessary... If it's raining out I'll drop the wife off close to the entrance but that's it... all other things being equal, she can use the excersise just as much as me
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:49:11 AM EDT
[#32]
I just love to see the people open the door with ther foot, they don't care. My wife works out daily
and looks great . She will look for a close spot first or tell me I missed one, I did not miss it to tight of a spot or I am going for the ones further away. She will park close and make sure it is well lighted if
it is at night.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top