Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2006 11:43:04 PM EDT
The context is that they are Illegal immigrants.  However, immigratition (to me at least) denotes a legal activity.  If they are immigrating ilegally, they aren't immigrating, they are trespassing.

The term "illegal immigrant" to me sounds like "forcible entry burglar houseguest".

I think there must be a more accurate term.  

Discuss.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:44:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Just shoot,ask questions later.

ETA  I aint easy and i aint your kid,you can take sorry and shove it up your ass.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:45:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't call those roaches illegal immigrants. I call them illegal aliens...atleast on ARFCOM, they have rules that prevent me from calling them what I usually do.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:51:32 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The context is that they are Illegal immigrants.  However, immigratition (to me at least) denotes a legal activity.  If they are immigrating ilegally, they aren't immigrating, they are trespassing.

The term "illegal immigrant" to me sounds like "forcible entry burglar houseguest".

Discuss.

I call them foreign invaders
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:55:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Discuss.

That is along the lines that I was thinking.  Is there any reason that we all shouldn't shift to referring to the illegals as foreign invaders?  It does seem to have more of a negative (and accurate) connotation to it, no?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:03:07 AM EDT
[#5]
First they were called a derogatory term describing their method of illegal entry into the US
Then they were called "undocumented workers" because that is what they were(pre-pc)
Then they were called "illegal aliens" because that is what they were(in the eyes of the .gov)
Then they were called "undocumented aliens" because pc demanded a "nicer" term for them
Then they were called "immigrants" because their supporters wanted to "spin" their criminal entry
NOW they are called "individuals" or "mexican nationals" or "suspects" and, sometimes nothing
(the attorney general flocktard of the United States calls them Citizens)

And, they are not going to be given "Citizenship" or "amnesty" they are going to be "regularized"
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:56:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Because the term "fucking parasites" has not caught on yet in the mainstream media.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:47:23 AM EDT
[#7]

Poste by AmericanPatriot1776:
Because the term "fucking parasites" has not caught on yet in the mainstream media.

Let me fix this:

Because the term "fucking parasites" has not caught on yet in the mainstream left-wing media.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:50:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Illegal "immigrants" is just a feel-good, PC term. They aren't immigrants at all, because they have chosen to bypass the immigration process. If they were to apply for legal residence through the Dept. of Immigration, THEN they would be immigrants, and could be classified as legal aliens, or permanent residents once they have been here the allotted amount of time.

The correct terminology for those who are here without going through the proper channels would be "illegal aliens."
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:16:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Freeloaders!!!  
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:55:53 AM EDT
[#10]
enemy combatants!
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:01:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Vermin?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:19:30 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Discuss.

That is along the lines that I was thinking.  Is there any reason that we all shouldn't shift to referring to the illegals as foreign invaders?  It does seem to have more of a negative (and accurate) connotation to it, no?

It is the liberal media that drives the labeling process
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top