Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/14/2004 3:29:41 AM EST
Why does the UAW support Kerry when every Kerry bumper sticker I see is stuck on an import? I swear most of the Kerry stickers I see on cars around here are on some sort of Volkswagon or Subaru.

Kerry says Bush is outsourcing jobs overseas? I say it's Kerry's voting base that's doing the damage. (FWIW, alot of Bush/Cheney stickers seem to be on american built pickups).

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 3:32:52 AM EST
Let's not forget the dozen or so factories that Heinz owns that are overseas.

Now on to the answer of your question: Because these people are so politically ignorant that they cannot, for any reason, change their political ideology. -- It might mean they were wrong, and that would shatter their teenie-tiny fragile ego. Seriously.

CMOS
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 3:34:27 AM EST
Makes you wonder who "Really" pays the dues in the UAW.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 3:41:02 AM EST

Originally Posted By CMOS:

Now on to the answer of your question: Because these people are so politically ignorant that they cannot, for any reason, change their political ideology. -- It might mean they were wrong, and that would shatter their teenie-tiny fragile ego. Seriously.

CMOS

Sadly that has much to do with it. They're always voted Dem because their Union said so. They lack the gumption ot think for themselves.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:50:42 AM EST
Why do the unions support the democrats?

When was the last time the democrats did anything for the unions?
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:01:42 AM EST

Originally Posted By D348:
Why do the unions support the democrats?

When was the last time the democrats did anything for the unions?

It's because they protect the laws that empower unions. It has nothing to do with the outsorucing or consumer choice. It's really more of a state thing, but it bleeds over into national politics. You can see the pro union infastructure by contrasting Northern states to Southern states. These differences didn't just happen by chance, it was through Union influence on the democrats back in the day.

Today you see a legacy of that even though excellent infastructure has pulled the teeth of organized labor. Where once upon a time, a manufacturing company couldn't realisticly do anything to fight labor labor, now they can go elsewhere and still move the product. Logistics makes it possible. It is NOT a coincidence that new manufacturing in the US is not in the midwest or northeast.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:03:35 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/14/2004 5:04:07 AM EST by stator]
It's about their investment in an established powerbase within the Democratic party. Even though the Democratics long since given up supporting Labor, the Unions cannot stand to lose their political capital and power. Otherwise, they would be starting from near scratch again.
Top Top