Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/27/2003 6:39:50 AM EDT
Most AWB editorials mention that they find AWs unacceptable but "hunting guns" and "handguns" are fine.

But I guess they don't want to get all the handgunners and hunters mad that they will never see 11+ round magazines again.

The ban just doesn't affect AR owners.

CRC
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 6:59:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Banning evil, fully automatic, spray from the hip, baby killing machines is a lot sexier than talking about boring old magazines.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 7:35:38 AM EDT
[#2]
These editors are part of liberal media movement. They f'ckers just hate independent thinking people who think outside of the box. They want people who are the same as everybody else, i.e. "yes sir, how high" types. This is nothing, just wait until it goes closer to the expiration date, there will be an concerted all-out push by the antis to renew this BS. This piece of democractic landmark legislation is not going to away quietly.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 9:48:53 AM EDT
[#3]
That's how many editors try and show the world that they are not "anti-gun".  After all, if they were anti-gun, they'd be disarming everyone right? (wink wink)  Even though it may not be totally anti-gun, it's most certaintly anti RKBA.  It's like saying I encourage all forms of music, except for that gangsta' rap crap, 'cause that's not really music! (Yes, that should strike close to home for some of you!)

Unfortunately, this is the position that most hunters who are not firearms enthusiasts hold.  
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 12:50:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Because they don't know what "magazines" are - but they know all about 30 round "clips" [:P]

Besides, the "high-cap" magazine ban will be the only remaining vestige of the 94 Ban that will be reupped as a [i]reasonable compromise[/i] a month before a major election.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top