Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2006 2:20:51 PM EDT
OK you people usually seem to know just about everything on most every subject so my stupid of
question for tonight is: why do my feet ache more when working on concrete slabs all day as opposed to working on a wooden floors? So aside from the mandatory smartass answers, does anyone have a real answer for me ?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:22:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Wood floor gives with your weight, concrete does not.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:52:16 PM EDT
[#2]
What do you use for footwear?
If you buy cheap shoes, that will be 99% of your problem.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:54:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Lose some weight fatty

j/k none is right. Buy some insoles and it will help.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:57:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Wood floor gives with your weight, concrete does not.

+1

Cushioning.

Get some better shoes.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:02:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I wear Magnums and they do help, not the best shoes from what I've read but they aren't shabby either.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:03:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

not true.  most mfgs build good shoes on the outside but put in a a $.05 insole.. the insole is what makes the difference between shoes you can wear all day and shoes that make things hurt.

SUPERFEET
get a pair of blue or green, they are rigid footbeds.  what they do is force your foot to not flatten out.. it actually supports your arch and heel cup.  it takes a few days to get your foot used to this support but I can stand all day, and my back does not hurt anymore.

think of it this way.. when we were invented, there were no roads, there were no "flat" floors, there were no sidewalks.  our feet were designed to be dynamic and used to grip and thrust as we walked on uneven surfaces  but out of efficiency and lazyness we started making surfaces flat.. which forces our feet to be flat.. flat is the worst possible position for our feet.  superfeet puts your feet back into the proper position.

dr scholls and other "cushions" are the worst thing possible, they may feel good, but that does not line up everything from your feet to your back.  they are an instant "fix" that doesnt work.  rigid footbeds are the best thing ever imho.

to sum it up:  proper foot shape dictates proper alignment of your bone structure resulting proper stance, and footshape, resulting in more endurance and comfort for standing all day.

I work in retail and wear them 9 hrs a day!  i also hike up to 15 miles a week.  its what I use and all I use.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:11:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Shoes wear out too, on the inside quicker than outside in most cases.   Get some new shoes.  Orthotics may be in your future.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top