Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/4/2012 3:04:30 AM EDT
I have a hawk that lives in the trees around here.

For the last few weeks I have been listening to something like this all day long.

What is the purpose? Mating call?

It is getting fucking irritating.

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 3:12:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Fledglings learning to fly.  Mating was in the spring.

Hawks are cool, there are a nesting pair with two that just got their adult feathers in my  neighborhood.

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 3:17:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Sad?
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 3:18:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I used to be over run with ticks in our yard and on our dogs till a pair of hawks moved in and started getting rid of our large population of grey squirrels

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 3:18:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Emo hawks. It's a phase, they'll grow out of it.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 3:22:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I live out in the sticks and have various raptors around including a bald eagle that lives in a clump of trees in the middle of a nearby farm field.  I'd damn sure rather listen to them than the sirens, booming bass from cars, and road noise when I lived in the suburbs.

Jane
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 3:32:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Because you touch yourself.

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 3:33:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Just go crank up music louder so you can't hear them, I'm surer the neighbors would appreciate hearing that better than that damned shrill cry of a hawk.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 4:14:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Fledglings learning to fly.  Mating was in the spring.

Hawks are cool, there are a nesting pair with two that just got their adult feathers in my  neighborhood.

This. The red-tails have been fledging here for the past week or so. The calls enable the parents to keep track of the youngsters.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 4:55:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Emo hawks. It's a phase, they'll grow out of it.

These?

Or these?

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 5:04:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Same reason T-rex cried..

Darwin fucked them out of the joys of fapping. All the required equipment, no way to reach it.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 5:14:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I live out in the sticks and have various raptors around including a bald eagle that lives in a clump of trees in the middle of a nearby farm field.  I'd damn sure rather listen to them than the sirens, booming bass from cars, and road noise when I lived in the suburbs.

Jane

Same here on all accounts and Amen sister ... Amen.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 5:44:01 AM EDT
[#12]
We have a small population of red-tails here.  They help control the rodent population.  But it's entertaining to watch them being dive-bombed by blue jays, who seem to hate hawks.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 5:54:01 AM EDT
[#13]
I noticed one doing that yesterday.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 6:00:48 AM EDT
[#14]
oh boo-fucking hoo.....I would love to hear a bird cry.......I haven't heard any bird [aside from crows]sing in years.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top