Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/1/2005 4:53:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/1/2005 5:03:04 PM EDT by FOX-]
Got a stupid question on my EARTH SCIENCE worksheet today in school.

Any ideas as to what I should write down? I have limited space, and it must be "school safe".
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:55:22 PM EDT
I call BS, but if true I would say "It wasn't over oil you tree-hugging liberal POS, now ask me a question that actually has something to do with the class."
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:56:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/1/2005 4:58:02 PM EDT by raven]
Cheer up, Fox. Only 8 or 9 more years of mandatory liberal indoctrination for you.

You should answer: "A better question is what do politics have to do with Earth science?"
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:57:19 PM EDT
WTF does that have to do with Earth Science?

I guess this is their way of doing a "Brain Washing Check-up"
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:57:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/1/2005 4:58:11 PM EDT by WildBoar]
Tell them you cant answer because you fear the reprisal of the Religion of Peace may come to your house and saw your head off.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:58:01 PM EDT
My History Teacher asks us why we went to Iraq and people in the class always say Oil. At least he says that oil wasn't why we went to Iraq.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:58:47 PM EDT
why did we go to iraq?

Why did we go to the moon, why climb mt. everest?

Because it is there!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:02:11 PM EDT
Write, "We'll take the fight to them before they bring the fight to us".

Sign my name.

Danny
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:02:46 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:06:50 PM EDT
"The reason for the war in Iraq was that George W Bush and his neo-con cronies wanted the United States to corner the market on the nonrenewable sand market. By conquering Iraq the US now has a supply of sand large enough to build many sand castles. Other reasons for the invasion were the renewable resource of rabid wild dogs and also hot burqa fashions."

That would be my answer to this very valid and intelligent question in a SCIENCE class.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:09:26 PM EDT
I would say absolutlely not. We've spent billions of dollars training, equipping and fielding troops. We've spent billions of dollars rebuilding Iraq.

If we wanted their oil, it would have been pennies on the dollar to just lift the UN sanctions and buy it. We could be seeing $20 a barrel for oil if we offered money to Saddam. If it was about oil (non-renewable) why would we choose to take the most difficult path (war) when a much cheaper, easier one was available?

G
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:09:27 PM EDT
It was due to Iraq's perceived capacity to produce weapons of mass destruction and for Saddam's outspoken posturing in support of anti-western terror activities. Saddam was attracting too much attention for his own good. Iraq was invaded because Saddam was a camera hog who tried to take credit for other people's work.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:09:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/1/2005 5:10:58 PM EDT by jbombelli]
When people tell me it's about oil... I point out their gas-powered car to them, and tell them they're part of the problem, and should STFU.

The USA runs on oil, and any major change will take many years, possibly decades, to successfully implement.

edited: You could also mention to these guys that say we're there to steal oil... that we must be stealing it by paying record-high prices.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:23:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By raven:
Cheer up, Fox. Only 8 or 9 more years of mandatory liberal indoctrination for you.

You should answer: "A better question is what do politics have to do with Earth science?"

Tell your teacher you have brought it up to your parents who will be bringing it up to the principal and anybody else who will care to listen to yet another story about liberal political indoctrination in public schools....

Or you could put down a counter-question:

"How will mass-imposed abortions worldwide cut down on the future consumption of nonrenewable resources?"

That should get her little liberal motor running....
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:27:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By WildBoar:
Tell them you cant answer because you fear the reprisal of the Religion of Peace may come to your house and saw your head off.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:29:31 PM EDT
I call . That pic looks like a photochop and if not, how the hell did you get a test paper out of class to scan it in or do you carry a digicam with you at school?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:31:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By FOX-:

img62.imageshack.us/img62/2007/dumbass1vq.jpg

Any ideas as to what I should write down? I have limited space, and it must be "school safe".

Answer:

"No. The war in Iraq is was and is a security issue totally unrelated to this bullshit class."

You may want to leave off the part about the class being bullshit though...
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:32:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/1/2005 5:33:41 PM EDT by EPOCH96]

Originally Posted By dvr9:
I call . That pic looks like a photochop and if not, how the hell did you get a test paper out of class to scan it in or do you carry a digicam with you at school?

Reading is fundamental...

Originally Posted By Fox:

EPOCH
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:41:12 PM EDT
Sure. If the people of Iraq don't get some benefit from their oil and turn it into a decent future for their country and economy they'll eventually be left with a bunch of sand. They need a more diverse economy, better education, and better infrastructure to get out of their mostly agrarian malaise. The only guy benefiting was Hussein and his megalomania. Palaces and weapons (not to mention outright theft) were poor investments for the average Iraqi. Children starved when the Oil for Food turned into a consortium of thieves in the UN and Saddam's government. Single economies are the curse of the ME. I think OBL probably thinks it should be sheep and goat farming and oil and maybe a little opium for export.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:46:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By dvr9:

I photochoped my current answer (soon to be changed) so it would not infulance others, I walked out the door with the woorksheet.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:48:52 PM EDT
Of course it is related to renewability of resources.

Arabs as moving targets for US military live fire practice, are a renewable resource.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:51:54 PM EDT
say what you have to say to get an A.

move on with life. liberals aren't worth wasting time over.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:53:29 PM EDT
We went into Iraq to overthrow a vile wicked dictator and replace him with a vile wicked Islamic theocracy.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:03:31 PM EDT
The answer would be...

If you killed enough people, their corpses would eventually turn into oil
just like the dinosaurs.

But say it nicer than that.

GM
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:09:05 PM EDT
So that we would have a staging point to go after Iran.

To give the Democratic party something to whine about.

Because we could.

Because "Shock and Awe" was too good a slogan to be left unused.

Because pissing off OPEC is a good way to reduce oil prices.

Because we didn't want to end up with 3.00 a gallon gasoline.

Because that's where we needed to put the Hurricane Machine.

So we could give the land to Israel.

To piss off the French.

Practice for North Korea.

Because we couldn't just nuke them and send Halliburton in to get the oil out from under the glass....
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:13:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Gravity_Tester:
So that we would have a staging point to go after Iran.

To give the Democratic party something to whine about.

Because we could.

Because "Shock and Awe" was too good a slogan to be left unused.

Because pissing off OPEC is a good way to reduce oil prices.

Because we didn't want to end up with 3.00 a gallon gasoline.

Because that's where we needed to put the Hurricane Machine.

So we could give the land to Israel.

To piss off the French.

Practice for North Korea.

Because we couldn't just nuke them and send Halliburton in to get the oil out from under the glass....

Awesome answers.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:13:32 PM EDT
That question is easy.. We need the oil for Bush to run his hurricane machine!!

Answer it that way and you will get an A+ from that liberal fuckstain professor.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:13:45 PM EDT
Just write,"If we went there for the oil, then why is gasoline about to hit $4.00 a gallon?"
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:14:21 PM EDT
FOX-: It's not about resources, rather it is about freedom. Saddam murdered and brutally killed many people during his rein of terror. How can anyone forget the images of the dead kurds because used poisoned gas. Saddam and his murderous sons deserved to be tried for violations of crimes against humanity at the Hague. Hopefully the USA can plant the seeds of democracy so that the other countries in the Middle East can follow.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:17:38 PM EDT
or better yet, "No, we went there for the same principles that allow you to ask these questions in a public forum."
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:19:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By FOX-:

If you want some excellent talking points, read this outline of why we went, why we're there, and why we'll stay until we're done.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:21:01 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:31:42 PM EDT
The obvious answer is...

"Knickers, cabbages, and I'll smash your face for you. Yarblockoes."

Top Top