Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2001 12:05:59 PM EDT
I just bought a standard M1A and had a krieger barrel put on it at the Krieger factory. Plus, had them bed the rifle along with a national match rear sight. It shot 11 inches high at 100 yards with the rear sight all the way to the bottom. They had to make the front sight taller to put me in the bull with a six o'clock hold. Krieger claims the receiver was drilled incorectly (i.e barrell pointed up) and Springfield says that this is not normal but it happens. It shoots accurately (I am by no means a great shot) but could I experience problems in the future since the reciever isnt perfect? Any advice would be most appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 12:08:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I would send it back to Springfield, and MAKE them give you an in-spec recevier, as well as paying for re-installing the Krieger barrel.

With the kind of money you pay for a Springfield M1A, don't accept less than teh best.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 12:13:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Might they give me problems about returning it? I know its got the full lifetime warrenty and all but they have seemed to be the sort of company whose loking for the fastest/cheapest way to settle this. Why else would they suggest to Krieger to just raise the front sight instead of replaceing the receiver to begin with?
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 12:17:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 1:26:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Krieger claims the receiver was drilled incorectly (i.e barrell pointed up) and Springfield says that this is not normal but it happens.
View Quote

Sounds like Springfield Armory should honor their warranty and replace the receiver and pay you for your trouble. They should re do the work that Krieger did at no cost. For being so popular I hear a lot of bad things going on with Springfields. They are not the only game in town any more.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 1:29:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm sorry, but if you put an aftermarket tube on your reciever they will most likely tell you that you SOL. Sad but true. In most gunmakers eyes if you had aftermarket hands work your rifle or handgun over, they will claim that you voided any warranties.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 1:51:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm sorry, but if you put an aftermarket tube on your reciever they will most likely tell you that you SOL. Sad but true. In most gunmakers eyes if you had aftermarket hands work your rifle or handgun over, they will claim that you voided any warranties.
View Quote

MAybe. Maybe not.

I sent an out of spec lower back to Oly Arms (FAMOUS for their customer service - or perhaps lack of it) and they replaced my lower for no charge (other than my upgrade to maxhard)

If its truly out of spec, my guess is they'll make good.

If it were something else like a scratched receiver or something, then they'd probably tell ya to take a flyin' leap.

Call 'em and find out.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top