Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2006 8:28:16 PM EDT
I tried and get me some boots.  Win the Auction for the ones I want in my size and type, got them cheap.  Send payment though paypal, seller declines to take it, twice.  So Im not even going to try to get them now.  Guess Ebay is like KFC try it every year or so to remind yourself why you dont use it.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:36:17 PM EDT
[#1]
so what are you leaving out from the story?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:37:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Just bored and fustrated.  Didnt get ripped off but now back to looking
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:37:54 PM EDT
[#3]
did u use the "pay now" button in the auction or did u just try to send payment to his email address?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:39:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Did it say no pay pal in his ad?
If not, he sould take it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:39:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
did u use the "pay now" button in the auction or did u just try to send payment to his email address?

pay now
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:41:10 PM EDT
[#6]

File complaint with Ebay about a bad seller.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:41:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

there must be a reason he wouldn't take your money.

Trying to pay him with an unconfirmed paypal address? Unverified as a buyer?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:42:03 PM EDT
[#8]
guess I'm jinxing myself, but I have never once been fucked on Ebay.

SG
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:42:42 PM EDT
[#9]
credit card or bank acct?
some sellers don't accept paypal funded by credit card.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:42:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mine is not confirmed after the paypal ripoff story someone posted its not linked to my bank accoint
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:43:29 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mine is not confirmed after the paypal ripoff story someone posted its not linked to my bank accoint

Then there's your problem.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:39:28 PM EDT
[#12]
I have ONCE had a problem with someone on EBay, and am an idiot for not reporting it correctly (this was also in the early days of EBay, when this kind of stuff was a PITA to take care of).

I think it's very secure, for what it is. Besides, my bank insures me for any kind of fraudulent activities, so I'm not losing any sleep over this
(you folks getting turned online and being SOL with the banks should find better banks! even if the closest branch is 20 miles away, it's fine, because everything I do, besides deposit hard cash/checks, I do online [even then, that can be done through many ATM's])
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:28:06 PM EDT
[#13]
I won an auction once, it was one of like 4 or 5 he had going. All the same thing. After it was over he emailed me saying it was a mistake, he only had one item. He did that to everyone. That is BS because he answered emails about the different auctions. I think he wasn't happy with the ending price. Another buyer left him neg. feedback so he left neg. feedback for the buyer that got screwed. I knew better, I wanted to keep my 100% positive.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:05:26 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

???

I am fairly certain that you can still have a 'confirmed PayPal shipping address' whether you have it linked to your bank account or not.

The fact that it shows as confirmed means simply that the shipping address you provide matches up with the credit card billing address used to make the payment  ( crooks who make payment w/ stolen cc's usually want the goods sent to their addresses .... not the victims )

Every firearm I have purchased in the past 2-3 years was bought w/ profits from Ebay and PayPal ( and I have bought ALOT )
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:02:36 AM EDT
[#15]
IIRC, ‘confirmed’ and ‘verified’ are two entirely different things.

Did you try sending him a simple e-mail asking if there was a problem?

Did you check his feedback?

E-bay is always a gamble, no argument.  But if this guy is a volume seller he isn’t looking for problems or bad feedback.

And if he’s trying to weasel out of it, I’d at least post negative feedback (preferably at the last possible moment to preclude you from doing it to him).

My experience with e-bay has thus far been positive.  And it’s allowed me to find things like obsolete gun parts that otherwise I’d never have been able to locate.

Still, I have no doubt that could change overnight.  
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:04:40 AM EDT
[#16]
I quit ebay the moment they cancelled my auction for an AK stock. I dont need that shit.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:48:27 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I won an auction once, it was one of like 4 or 5 he had going. All the same thing. After it was over he emailed me saying it was a mistake, he only had one item. He did that to everyone. That is BS because he answered emails about the different auctions. I think he wasn't happy with the ending price. Another buyer left him neg. feedback so he left neg. feedback for the buyer that got screwed. I knew better, I wanted to keep my 100% positive.

There are ways to get the negative feedback reversed/deleted by EBay. I'm pretty sure it results in the seller getting penalized, too.

I've got 19/100% now, should be 22 once I get feedback for the auction I just completed; one neutral feedback (which ebay doesn't count toward % for some reason) from when I stopped a sale. (I had 12/90-something% on old account, similar situation as you describe above, which I abandoned).
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:51:31 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Some sellers require that you have a "verified" address.  
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:06:13 PM EDT
[#19]
The seller probably only has a personal PayPal account and won't/doesn't accept your CC payment because it would force him to get the "premier" account.  If he states in his description that he only accepts a bank/instant transfer and no CC's through PayPal, his ad gets yanked. Probably what happened.

Ben
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:42:27 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Some sellers require that you have a "verified" address.  

which taxman doesn't has.

Which leaves the seller open to being scammed, from his point of view, because the seller is not protected by paypal's chargeback policy.

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:59:12 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

There are ways to get the negative feedback reversed/deleted by EBay. I'm pretty sure it results in the seller getting penalized, too.
I've got 19/100% now, should be 22 once I get feedback for the auction I just completed; one neutral feedback (which ebay doesn't count toward % for some reason) from when I stopped a sale. (I had 12/90-something% on old account, similar situation as you describe above, which I abandoned).

It's actually quite difficult to get - FB removed.

Has to fall into a very small & specific set of parameters to qualify for removal. Generally speaking,  95% of the time you feel it is wrong and you think it should be removed .... it actually cannot be removed according to Ebay policies / standards.

I have 1000+ feedback  ( 99.9% ) with one single - FB on my record  ( a complete lie by the person who left it ). I cannot get it removed because it does not fall within that very small set of parameters that it has to in order to qualify for removal.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:04:04 AM EDT
[#22]
I buy and sell on E-bay all the time. Usually gettting parts for my Jeeps or Star Wars stuff.

Never had a problem.

Av.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:08:59 AM EDT
[#23]
I've had nothing but good experiences with Ebay - and found some good deals - prices better than the BX.

I refuse to get verified, but don't think I need to.  For one thing, I don't sell there.

Your Sending Limit is: $10,000.00 USD

$7,950.52 USD Remaining

To lift this limit, please verify your account by adding and confirming a bank account.

I only have a debit card, and leave just enough money in that account to cover debits; transfer as necessary.

Rest of my pennies sit in an account that CANNOT be accessed from/with/by my debit card.

Don't know where they came up with that $10K.  I've only bought 19 items since 2002.

Member Profile: backstop73 (17)
Feedback Score: 17
Positive Feedback: 100%
Members who left a positive: 17
Members who left a negative: 0
All positive feedback received: 19

(Feed back is off by 2 as I combined accounts)

Posted so you know it's me in case I buy something from youse guys.

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:15:02 AM EDT
[#24]
What kind of Boots and what Size are you looking for?

I have a bunch of Rcky and Lacrosse in odd sizes I'm trying to get rid of. (Cheap)
TS
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:48:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Been on EBAY for years and no problem.
Every one I ever spoke to in person screwed themselves or didn't follow an instruction.
I know the ARF posters are different...damn that e-bay!
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:57:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Post a link to the auction Taxman.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 5:01:21 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Post a link to the auction Taxman.

Dont have it Im at work.

Was for some Danner Boots
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top