[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Don't EVER go to subway

fixed it for ya.

+1       -$
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:05:05 AM EDT
[#3]
subway is the shit when you live way out in the snobby part of town and the only 2 other places are a bad chinese place and the Starbucks inside the grocery store
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:07:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quizno's.

They've got a pepper baaarrrr.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:11:10 AM EDT
[#5]
And they are 9 miles away.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:19:11 AM EDT
[#6]
I work at Subway during the summer. We consistently get praise from locals and folks from out of town as being the best Subway they've ever been to. Our bread's always fresh, we don't keep wilted veggies on the line, we actually friggin' wash our hands before making someone's sandwiches (regardless of the fact we're wearing gloves), we're polite, we keep the place clean, etc.

Heck, we take such good care of our store we've still got the original equipment. One of the newbies put his knee through the glass door on our proofer a few months ago and they had to special order a replacement because nobody made that model proofer anymore and hadn't for years. All the other stores used newer models. They wear everything out abusing it or don't take care of it and have to get all new stuff.

We've also got a record none of the other stores in the STATE can beat: only myself and my manager were on the morning shift, and a charter bus with a hundred girl scouts (plus moms and leaders) pulled into the parking lot and they each wanted two sandwiches, one for now and one for later. Between the two of us, we got them all out of the store in just under twenty minutes.

Now, figure the average time to go to McDonald's and get your food is between three and five minutes. It's usually longer in my area, but we'll just assume three to five minutes. For 100+ people each wanting two meals, that's a LONG time to be making crap in the back, and they've got their food pre-made and a full crew working. Everything in Subway is made right in front of you and there were only two of us there. That's pretty darn impressive in my book.

Corporate didn't give us a pay bonus for it, even after the girl scout troop wrote in letters of commendation for such awesome service, but we did get a nice paragraph-long form letter thanking us for our hard work and dedication.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:22:52 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Don't EVER go to subway in the morning till the fresh bread is out

Don't ever get the steak and cheese when it's "on sale" when the other sandwiches are regular priced. The cheese is old.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:02:19 PM EDT
[#8]

We've also got a record none of the other stores in the STATE can beat: only myself and my manager were on the morning shift, and a charter bus with a hundred girl scouts (plus moms and leaders) pulled into the parking lot and they each wanted two sandwiches, one for now and one for later. Between the two of us, we got them all out of the store in just under twenty minutes.

200 sammiches in under 20 min

Must have been pretty sloppy work to mass produce such a large number of sammiches in such a short time.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:04:19 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Must have been pretty sloppy work to mass produce such a large number of sammiches in such a short time.

It's also impossible. There's now way they could make a sandwich every six seconds.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:14:01 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's also impossible. There's now way they could make a sandwich every six seconds.

They must get a lot of practive making sammiches for their boyfriends.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:29:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Quizno's.

uuh uh uhh uh
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:31:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:39:38 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

12 seconds per person
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:49:59 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
The snobby part of town includes a Subway, Starbucks kiosk, and a Chinese joint?

I'd hate to see how the regular folk eat around there.

Its just residential.  This is stuff tucked into the neighborhoods, literally between half million dollar homes and 1500 a month apartments.  I'm the redneck hiding out here.  Maintanence supervisor (stepdad)+ Asst manager at another complex (mom) = free place to live
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:55:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Head West Sub Stop has better subs than subway. They have a good 420 deal you get 4 subs and 4 sodas for $20 and they deliver
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:02:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Hey, Swindle1984,

Where is your store located (town, street) I may just try it out if I go there.

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:04:36 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Head West Sub Stop has better subs than subway. They have a good 420 deal you get 4 subs and 4 sodas for $20 and they deliver

Is that the "420" deal because of the amount and price or because it's a potheads drea.... nm
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:07:23 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is that the "420" deal because of the amount and price or because it's a potheads drea.... nm

well both, but the deal only goes from 4-5pm
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:24:13 PM EDT
[#19]
I think it depends on which one you go to. I have been to quite a few and some have been extremely clean,food was good and fresh and the service was great. Been to others where I walked in and out in about 3 seconds becuase it was so dirty and awful it made me want to puke. Chuck Norris wouldn't have eaten there ,he would have roundhouse kicked the manager for wasting his time.
I went into one that was WAY up in the smokies almost out in the middle of nowhere and it was awesome! Really good fresh bread,meat and vegatables were fresh and crisp and it was a well taken of place.
Just one of those things.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:09:44 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Maintanence supervisor (stepdad)+ Asst manager at another complex (mom) = free place to live

Just another metrosexual going along for the free ride
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:12:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Subway is good.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:15:16 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

y hallo ther captain BS.

at least 200 sammies in under 20minutes? not including the adults.

so you each made AT LEAST  5 sandwiches per minute, not even including the adults, AND rung them all up.

right.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:17:56 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

12 seconds per person

tag!!!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:24:15 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

12 seconds per person

tag!!!

It would have taken them 20 minutes per person to make up their minds.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:30:58 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Quizno's.

thier comercials scared the shit out of me.

Fucking retarded hamsters.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:37:00 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quizno's.

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:38:51 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Quizno's.

AND cool commercials.  Er, they used to.  Now it's that damn baby.

But back to the point.  Quizno's is far better.  Chicken milano = mmmmmm.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:42:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Y'all are making me hungry.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:07:19 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quizno's.

The retarded sponge monkey hamsters r0kked. The Baby Bob blowz.

Chicken Carbonara with some pickles, peppers, and Batch 83 sauce drizzled on it =
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:50:25 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quizno's.

Gunchyck showed me this during my last visit:

Bread Bowl
Brocolli Cheese soup with bacon instead of chicken in it.

Yum
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:53:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Subway gave me a case of the squirts a few years ago.  They had let the mayo go bad.  I was so fucking sick.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:09:53 PM EDT
[#32]

I work at Subway during the summer. We consistently get praise from locals and folks from out of town as being the best Subway they've ever been to. Our bread's always fresh, we don't keep wilted veggies on the line, we actually friggin' wash our hands before making someone's sandwiches (regardless of the fact we're wearing gloves), we're polite, we keep the place clean, etc.

I walked out of a Subway when I saw one of the sandwich makers do a quick nose pick. And I wonder why I only get the squirts when I eat out alot.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:39:42 PM EDT
[#33]
I ate at Subway once, but I know better now.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:42:35 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quizno's.

dana.ucc.nau.edu/~jdk36/sponge%20monkey2.jpg

AHHHH!

DAMN YOU!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top