Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/5/2009 9:09:53 AM EDT
I have a history of paying my bills, I have decent credit and even have a job.  Why the hell can't I get a tax credit to help me buy a house just because I have bought one before.  Fucking ridiculous.  If .gov had any common sense.........they would be encouraging ME to buy a house !  I mean what-the-fuck.......I am a known entity, a safe bet.  With a little incentive, I could be convinced to buy a house, and the bank would have pretty solid odds of being paid.  Fucking idiots.  

If you were handing out loans......with your OWN money, would you give ME a loan or some unknown yahoo with no history?  Yea.....I thought so.

<Title edit.  We still don't allow the F-word in thread titles.  ––tbk1>
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:12:27 AM EDT
[#1]
uhhhh.....duuuuuude. you said gov and common sense in the same sentence.. hehehehehehehehehe
BTW sorry for your luck. [edit] default on some of your existing loans and you'll be in like Flint.
   7/10
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:13:34 AM EDT
[#2]
wait for it there is a proposed credit for current home buyers in an upcoming bill .
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:13:49 AM EDT
[#3]
We are in the same boat!
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:18:20 AM EDT
[#4]
It is not a credit: the Feds actually cut you a  check for $8000: a girl in our office bought a house in Sept and last week showed me the US Treasury check she got for over $8400.  I saw a news story (only on Fox) that so far, 50+ IRS agents and over 3,000 illegal aliens have illegally rec'd checks under this latest redistribution of wealth program.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:18:24 AM EDT
[#5]

My parents cant get any tax credit love from .gov whatsoever and one is a doctor as well.

I qualify because I am a statist.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:21:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Um, don't you already own a palatial estate out in the sticks near my mom's place?

I know what you mean.  I pay my bills on time, and my taxes, and I deserve a break too.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:23:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Is $8k that big a deal? I mean really?
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:25:01 AM EDT
[#8]
From those according to their abilities, to those according to their needs.  You have no needs.

Hope and change.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:26:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Im not so sure I would loan my money to anyone that refers to himself in the third person though.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:27:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:28:30 AM EDT
[#11]
The purpose of the tax credit is to encourage those who would otherwise not purchase a home due to financial reasons to do so.  You don't need the encouragement, so you don't get a tax credit.  It's simple social engineering.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:28:35 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

probably not to him, to some of us 8K would be like the fucking lottery right now.

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:30:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:31:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:

probably not to him, to some of us 8K would be like the fucking lottery right now.

+1 I gross 650 a month currently!
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:32:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Because you already have a home.  The tax credit isn't to make lives easier, it's to get people to buy a home when they otherwise wouldn't.

Getting people to buy a home is a good way of getting them to work and pay bills, so the government likes it.  But you... you're one of them responsible types that did it on your own.  
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:33:30 AM EDT
[#16]
2nd home? I think the new credit only covers first time buyers. Doesn't it have a income cap too?
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:36:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 I gross 650 a month currently!

Then $8k won't help you either. You would have to buy an $80k house to get it and you can't afford a house right now.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:37:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Because you already have a home.  The tax credit isn't to make lives easier, it's to get people to buy a home when they otherwise wouldn't.

Getting people to buy a home is a good way of getting them to work and pay bills, so the government likes it.  But you... you're one of them responsible types that did it on your own.  

I think he's talking about the fact that the new $6500 credit is limited to folks who have been in their homes for more than 5 years.  What's the tax policy behind that?   Ummm . . . .  ummm . . .  I got nuthin'.  

BTW, on the bright side, you're probably income limited out of it anyway.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:38:11 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

in like Flint.

That's a movie.

In like Flynn is the phrase you're looking for.

......it's this low hangin' fruit.....what keeps me coming back! Thanks brouhaha  
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:42:33 AM EDT
[#20]
You make good money and employ other people. Because you are not paying the other people more than yourself that makes you worse than Satan according to .gov. And nobody wants to give a loan to the devil. It's simple really.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:45:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The purpose of the tax credit is to encourage those who would otherwise not purchase a home due to financial reasons to do so.  You don't need the encouragement, so you don't get a tax credit.  It's simple social engineering.

This...

You don't understand anything, do you.  The mortgage meltdown was due to granting credit to those that couldn't adhere to the terms.  Thus, the solution is to give them your tax money.  This way is much more equitable.  Duh!
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:46:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:48:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
My parents cant get any tax credit love from .gov whatsoever and one is a doctor as well.

I qualify because I am a statistCommunist.

Fixed

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:52:02 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I have a history of paying my bills, I have decent credit and even have a job.  Why the hell can't I get a tax credit to help me buy a house just because I have bought one before.  Fucking ridiculous.

Ain't you the guy with the goddamn BENTLEY?

Listen here, you're paying for the home buying credits, you don't get to take one too.

Hope and change, ain't ya heard? We redistributin' that shit, you're all back of the bus and shit.

Now shut up and get back to work, millions of 5th gen leeches are counting on your contribution.
j/k

not really.

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:54:38 AM EDT
[#25]
You and I are not Obama's base.  And he knows it.  That's why.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:54:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Well, against better judgement, I will admit that my wife and I will be receiving the tax credit this year for buying a house. We were renting, and came to the realization that if we looked hard enough, we could find a sweet deal. We did. We paid 25K for a house that was repossessed on a 95K note. We went thru an incredible number of hoops to get it, but in the end, it is ours. The 2,500 dollars that we get is already earmarked for gun related stuff

On the program that we we got in on, you had to have not bougth a home in the past 3 years, and it had to be your primary residence. They are now expanding that with a new program that you should look into if your thinking of buying soon.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:58:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Why the hell can't I get a tax credit to help me buy a house just because I have bought one before.

From each according to their means, to each according to their needs, Comrade Drsalee.

The average "good" American lives in a Government Section-8 sponsored rental.  Since you own a home already, that firmly places you in the Landlord class, therefore you don't need a tax credit for a new, even more lavish home when your Comrades are living in squalor.

Actually, with your Counter-Revolutionary tendencies, it would be best if you admitted your mistakes and moved three homeless families in to live with you.  And if you really loved our Dear Leader, you would then move your own family out your The State's home so that you could experience homelessness and more fully understand the plight of the exploited working class.

Actually there is a $6,500 credit coming down the pipe, but there will likely be (low) income requirements to meet.  Can't have the Capitalist Exploiter tax payers taking advantage of the system that they are obligated to pay for.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:59:33 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I have a history of paying my bills, I have decent credit and even have a job. Why the hell can't I get a tax credit to help me buy a house just because I have bought one before. Fucking ridiculous. If .gov had any common sense.........they would be encouraging ME to buy a house ! I mean what-the-fuck.......I am a known entity, a safe bet. With a little incentive, I could be convinced to buy a house, and the bank would have pretty solid odds of being paid. Fucking idiots.

If you were handing out loans......with your OWN money, would you give ME a loan or some unknown yahoo with no history? Yea.....I thought so.

<Title edit. We still don't allow the F-word in thread titles. ––tbk1>

this is why I did the cash for clunkers thing....I pay tons of taxes and it presented the rare opportunity to get some of my money back.

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 10:10:16 AM EDT
[#29]
I can sypmathize, when the hell do those of us that play by the rules and pay our bills, and work hard get rewarded? it seems our country is going down the crapper and those being punished are those more responsible persons, I guess that's why people grow up thinking they're owed something now as opposed to working to achieve.

Performance based, pfffttt...who needs that!
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 10:19:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Life isn't spicy enough without risks. You're not spicy, Dr. Not at all.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 10:21:25 AM EDT
[#31]
Not only can't you buy that second house in the hills... you can't even use your thread title.

WTF is this world coming to???
Oh, and what fucking bridge are you talking about???????
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 10:26:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I have a history of paying my bills, I have decent credit and even have a job.  Why the hell can't I get a tax credit to help me buy a house just because I have bought one before.  Fucking ridiculous.  If .gov had any common sense.........they would be encouraging ME to buy a house !  I mean what-the-fuck.......I am a known entity, a safe bet.  With a little incentive, I could be convinced to buy a house, and the bank would have pretty solid odds of being paid.  Fucking idiots.  

If you were handing out loans......with your OWN money, would you give ME a loan or some unknown yahoo with no history?  Yea.....I thought so.

I thought you had to have not owned a house in the last three years??? Is that the case?

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 10:27:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Simple answer: You already own a house and are on the property tax rolls.  Thus there is nothing to gain by giving you money to buy a newer house.

They are targeting young people getting out on their own and renters.  These people currently contribute nothing to the tax rolls in their area.  Thus if you get them out of renting and into owning a house, they pay more taxes.  Thus a better scenario for the govt.

I don't have a problem with it.  These people either 1.) Build a house thus employing people to build it. or 2.) purchase someone else's existing house.  Now you're on the tax rolls.  Then the person you bought the house from does either 1 and 2.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 10:33:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

It's whitey keeping you down, man, just can't catch a break!
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 10:36:33 AM EDT
[#35]
I bought a house in May, not because of the credit, but I sure as hell will take it.  How are people getting a check already, I thought I had to wait until I file my taxes?  Maybe I'll buy a machine gun.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 10:37:12 AM EDT
[#36]
double tap
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 10:54:23 AM EDT
[#37]
find one of those places that you pay $75 to and they forge all the documents

http://www.c-span.org/Watch/Media/2009/10/30/WJE/R/24874/Friday+October+30.aspx
skip to 1:48:20
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 3:22:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 3:46:52 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

From those according to their abilities, to those according to their needs.  You have no needs.

Hope and change.

Hope and change is right.

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 3:55:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
It is not a credit: the Feds actually cut you a  check for $8000: a girl in our office bought a house in Sept and last week showed me the US Treasury check she got for over $8400.  I saw a news story (only on Fox) that so far, 50+ IRS agents and over 3,000 illegal aliens have illegally rec'd checks under this latest redistribution of wealth program.

Really? I guess that really doesn't surprise me in the least.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:00:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Simple, becuase WE have to pay for everyone elses checks.  THe money has to come from somewhere, so they tax the "sure bets" like us and make us pay.  

Bend over, with yoru income level, your going to continue to get fucked with little or no lube over and over again.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:04:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Your answer is the first line of your post.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top