Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2003 10:00:12 PM EST
Any more Westerns made than what there are? It would seem to be cheaper to make them as opposed to "modern" movies with car chases & crashes & other such BS. I would think that a Western with no-name actors would draw a lot better than some chick flick with the same. Thoughts, anyone????????????
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 10:02:12 PM EST
Not PC enough? You know, real bad guys and good guys.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 10:14:06 PM EST
Yeah, the western has really faded away. So has the musical (thank god for that). But I didn't really like westerns anyway.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 10:15:31 PM EST
Originally Posted By raven: Yeah, the western has really faded away. So has the musical (thank god for that). But I didn't really like westerns anyway.
View Quote
Not even The Duke?
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 10:26:35 PM EST
Cause Sergio Leone is no longer with us and the Man with no Name is too old.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 10:27:47 PM EST
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 10:31:59 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/6/2003 10:32:48 PM EST by ar10er]
?
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 10:57:29 PM EST
Cuz they weren't making enough money on them. Economics, trailing personal preference of Green light Guys at studios, is what makes movies.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 11:56:56 PM EST
There are no real places to make "cowboy" movies these days. And besides, what kind of fun would it be to watch a PC'ized version of a Western. 2003 remake of West of the Divide Ted Hayden in a story of [s]revenge[/s] *calling the sheriff to allow him to do his job*, Western style. He returns to his family's ranch to find his father[s]'s[/s] [s]killer[/s] *having passed away in his sleep* and locate his missing brother, who turns out to be [s]one of the outlaws[/s] *misunderstood because of his sexual preferences*. 2003 remake of Rio Bravo John T. Chance, his duty is to uphold the law, aided by a pair of [s]misfits[/s] *misunderstood angst torn men* - one [s]drunken[/s] a *recovering alcoholic* and one [s]lame[/s] *physically challanged* deputy. A *wandering* cowboy [s]who is good with a gun[/s] *who has the ability to talk people out of confrontational situations*, joins forces with them in guarding an *alleged* prisoner from being taken from the jail. The love interest is in the form of a [s]young bar worker[/s] *transexual*, who pursues him throughout the picture.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 12:01:49 AM EST
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 12:07:18 AM EST
I actually saw something on this a few days ago while reading about a new western starring Tom Selleck. Apparently Westerns are considered risky ventures by most studios, too hit or miss.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 12:09:26 AM EST
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 12:18:51 AM EST
Could be, I just caught it in passing. And yes, I remember where now, I didn't read it, I was flipping through cable in the hotel room during a trip.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:56:50 PM EST
Am I the only one who likes the "Quick & the Dead" with Gene Hackman & Sharon Stone? "I need a room." "Whores are next door." Love that sequence!!!! What about the one with all the Carradine & Keach brothers that play the James Gang? There's a HELL of a knife fight in it with David Carradine, best fight scene ever, perhaps.
Top Top