Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2001 10:01:03 AM EDT
The terrorists that wrecked the WTC were working outside their government(s), and were privately funded.

IF our government is unable to do what needs to be done (because we need to keep the image of a fair, level headed, PC government), then why shouldn't privately funded militias be sent to 'take care of business'?

After all, didn't the "Eye for an Eye" philosophy begin in the middle east?  Isn't it still practiced, and included in their laws, today?

What do you guys (and girls) think?  Am I just crazy?

SlackO
Anarchism: The radical notion that I am the sole authority when it comes to deciding what's right for me.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 10:06:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I am in the school of thought that says if you kill 5000 of us, we kill 500,000 of you!

I say an eye for 100 eyes!
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 10:08:20 AM EDT
[#2]
IF our government is unable to do what needs to be done (because we need to keep the image of a fair, level headed, PC government), then why shouldn't privately funded militias be sent to 'take care of business'?
View Quote

We call them Mercenaries, and they are!
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 10:29:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Ever hear of McVeigh?
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 10:42:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I MEANT the ones on our side, working overseas...
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 10:45:25 AM EDT
[#5]
arent you jumping the gun here?
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 10:51:40 AM EDT
[#6]
One word.

Wetworks.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 10:57:46 AM EDT
[#7]
I think you are forgetting that up until 1 week ago we didn't look at arabs any differently than anyone else.  But if I go over there; I'd stand out like a sore thumb and would be lucky to get anywhere near Kabul.

-CK
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 11:15:09 AM EDT
[#8]
In general Americans are VERY soft. Most people are far more concerned about how far they'll have to drive to pick up a Big Mac then taking up arms over ideology.

I'm not saying that tough, ready-to-fight citizens don't exist, but their numbers are tiny percentage wise when compared to the extremist whack-o's in the middle and far east.

When you live in a cave, and eat sand for lunch and believe dying in the name of god is the highest honor, you have much less to lose than the average Americans 401k, SUV and white picket fence. It's a major cultural difference.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 11:15:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I think you are forgetting that up until 1 week ago we didn't look at arabs any differently than anyone else.  But if I go over there; I'd stand out like a sore thumb and would be lucky to get anywhere near Kabul.

-CK
View Quote

Exactly.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 2:33:39 PM EDT
[#10]
If I remember correctly it is still within the constitutional powers of the congress to issue "letters of Marquis" to citizens.

Maybe we should bring back the practice to issue them to volunteer groups willing to go play "hardball" in Saddam and Bin Ladins back yard
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 2:46:22 PM EDT
[#11]
And the Afghans don`t have news media to put labels on things.........[argue]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top