Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2005 6:28:39 PM EDT
Listen to this...

I work with this chick who just turned 24. She's kinda cute but married. Well, over the past couple of months I've been working on training her to support the systems that I support so that she can back me up and we can have a pager rotation (all of this was the boss's idea). So two weeks ago the boss comes out with an on-call rotation for the whole team. I'm on the first week, she's on the second week and the guy in India is on the third week, after that it goes back to me.

Well, yesterday this chick goes on-call. She has a couple of problems (maintenance weekend, people we're screwing stuff up), and she calls me a few times and I nurse her through. Well, today I got an e-mail from her carbon copying my boss, asking me to take over the rest of the week. Apparently she had to go out of town because she had some family troubles. But today at lunch I get the full scoop from her backup (this chick is primary support on another set of systems) that the reason she's gone is because she had a fight with her husband and went to stay with her aunt in Alabama for the week. No scheduled vacation, just hopped in the car and hauled ass. Now, I'm stuck with the pager for the rest of the week!

WTF!!! If she was a guy she would have had to sleep on the couch until she was ready to apologize and that would be about the end of it. Forget about "me time" or any of that shit. If she were a guy she would have had to be at work bright and early Monday morning and acting like everything at home was sunshine and gumdrops. But since she's a chick she gets to go play Thelma and Louise for God knows how long.

The only plus side is that depending on what her husband did she may not take him back, in which case I'm gonna try and score her on the rebound.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:30:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:31:45 PM EDT
[#2]

why do we stand for it?  

(doesn't apply to me.    )
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:33:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

why do we stand for it?  

www.myhomecooking.net/apple-pie/apple-pie-2.jpg

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:33:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
There is a thread about the answer....  You might have seen it.

SIPAPP?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:34:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:34:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:36:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quit being a pussy. You get paid to handle these things. Part of being, the man.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:36:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

why do we stand for it?  

www.myhomecooking.net/apple-pie/apple-pie-2.jpg

Not only is it weird that I was thinking the same thing when I saw the thread title, but when I searched Google for Pie as this page was loading, that was the same image I was going to post.

Get out of my head.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:36:25 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

The only plus side is that depending on what her husband did she may not take him back, in which case I'm gonna try and score her on the rebound.

+10,000,000,000

This should be cross-posted in the women's forum - I'll bet they will be happy to help!

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:37:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Interesting.  I can't imagine not having any responsiblities that keeping my job, taking care of my kids, my home, my animals would allow me to toss a tizzy fit and leave.  

Patty
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:38:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Dude, they are all a little crazy, and I think the above picture answers your question.

I like the rebound comment though.  She is crazy, irrational, incompetent, but a little cute so why not try to hit it.....lol  
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:01:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Because they have all the pussy and half your money.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:07:00 PM EDT
[#13]
because they are soft and they smell nice......................and without the females, we all be teh ghey....
i'll put up with mostly anything my wifey aka da lil general throws at me  right or wrong...
my .02 cents

meat
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:45:15 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Quit being a pussy. You get paid to handle these things. Part of being, the man.

Yep. This is why as a man you get paid more on average than a woman. This is why there is a 'glass ceiling'.

It's because not only are you willing to suck it up and deal with it, but you are also willing to cover for a slacker who can't deal with it (your coworker).
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:43:16 PM EDT
[#15]
I think a friend of mine best summed it up one day with the famous observation that...

"if it wasn't for whats between their legs...there'd be a bounty on their hides and we'd of hunted them to extinction centuries ago."
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:59:28 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep. This is why as a man you get paid more on average than a woman. This is why there is a 'glass ceiling'.

It's because not only are you willing to suck it up and deal with it, but you are also willing to cover for a slacker who can't deal with it (your coworker).

Um...

Same position at the same employer, with the same hours and same responsibilities... women make 25% more on average (if paid maternity leave is calculated into that - I don't know).
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:06:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:07:17 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Listen to this...

I work with this chick who just turned 24. She's kinda cute but married. Well, over the past couple of months I've been working on training her to support the systems that I support so that she can back me up and we can have a pager rotation (all of this was the boss's idea). So two weeks ago the boss comes out with an on-call rotation for the whole team. I'm on the first week, she's on the second week and the guy in India is on the third week, after that it goes back to me.

Well, yesterday this chick goes on-call. She has a couple of problems (maintenance weekend, people we're screwing stuff up), and she calls me a few times and I nurse her through. Well, today I got an e-mail from her carbon copying my boss, asking me to take over the rest of the week. Apparently she had to go out of town because she had some family troubles. But today at lunch I get the full scoop from her backup (this chick is primary support on another set of systems) that the reason she's gone is because she had a fight with her husband and went to stay with her aunt in Alabama for the week. No scheduled vacation, just hopped in the car and hauled ass. Now, I'm stuck with the pager for the rest of the week!

WTF!!! If she was a guy she would have had to sleep on the couch until she was ready to apologize and that would be about the end of it. Forget about "me time" or any of that shit. If she were a guy she would have had to be at work bright and early Monday morning and acting like everything at home was sunshine and gumdrops. But since she's a chick she gets to go play Thelma and Louise for God knows how long.

Well, she has to get a lawyer because she was caught in bed with another man.

She soon will have everything of his and this guy will have to work his ass of to pay for his and their rent. He nolnger will have kids his home, his prized car, everything gone along with his dreams. He will have to work hard to just make end's meat. And that's how marraige works in America now. But so many idiots are quick to jump into it.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:40:36 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

She is getting paid to handle these things too...except she's not there...and still getting paid. He has a reasonable bitch.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:58:48 PM EDT
[#20]
rebound pie ruuuules!
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:00:34 AM EDT
[#21]
"Why are women crazy, and why do we stand for it?  "

becuase we gave them the vote........after that it went all downhill pretty fast. they got into politics, the workforce.......which to them isn't work, but a way for them to get out of the house, and make it miserable for everybody else.

seems to me she owes you some "bang time" for covering her lazy ass..........and who cares if she's married,? a slice, from a already sliced pie is never missed.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:31:11 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Maybe I'm the stupid one, but what does this one flaky broad have to do with "women"--with an "e" in it (from your thread title)?  

It's one example, but flakiness is as inherent with females as it is with a Pillsbury pie crust.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:33:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:33:51 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Dude, they are all a little crazy, and I think the above picture answers your question.

I like the rebound comment though.  She is crazy, irrational, incompetent, but a little cute so why not try to hit it.....lol  

Make sure you post pics and do it at night so the mods don't catch on!
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:45:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Tell  your boss you expect to get paid the extra for covering her time.  Get compensated or get another job.

G
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:45:47 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Interesting.  I can't imagine not having any responsiblities that keeping my job, taking care of my kids, my home, my animals would allow me to toss a tizzy fit and leave.  

Patty

+1

when hubby and i had troubles, i never missed work

thanks for playing, please drive thru  
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:10:08 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Maybe I'm the stupid one, but what does this one flaky broad have to do with "women"--with an "e" in it (from your thread title)?  

It's one example, but flakiness is as inherent with females as it is with a Pillsbury pie crust.

I guess I've been lucky then.  

hmph, hmph, hggmmpp...  pardon me.  Clearing throat.  

At least lately, ....   Right ...  

Quoted:

Quoted:
Why the hell hasn't she given you any in 3 yrs?

Her name is Debra Lynn, her BD is 3/28/'60, she's 5'4" and has long, brown hair--my ex.  

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:40:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:18:41 PM EDT
[#29]
That's all you got?

What if the "fight" was an actual physical fight, and he did everything but bite off an ear?

What if the "fight" was the "end of the road", and she has had it with him, and it's total splitsville, and she needs out now?

Why are you complaining about having to be "on call"...................................

I think there could be 2 people in that account that are way too easy to get pouty.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:21:48 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Yes--exactly.  My first wife (childhood sweetheart--met her in church at age 12, married her when I was 19) taught me the importance of determining the important stuff before committing to anything.  

I first met Satan in the Church as well.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:42:47 PM EDT
[#31]

Because they got all the ass..............

Well, at least the good kind     TRG may disagree, but you know........

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top