Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/24/2016 12:59:27 PM EDT
I don't sports, but I am sitting here in a waiting room being force fed ESPN,  and the are fellating Obama on air.

Now I have always assumed sports was red blooded, beer drinking, blue collar America. I mean professional sports are a meritocracy where the best conquers all. Also it is pure capitalism with billions being paid for frivolity.

So why are the talking heads on a network dedicated to money and concussions sucking lib ballsack on air?
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 1:02:06 PM EDT
[#1]
It's not the sports, it's who owns the networks they are aired on.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 1:02:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Duh, bread & circus.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 1:04:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Now I have always assumed sports was red blooded, beer drinking, blue collar America.
View Quote

Why would you think that?  To me, something designed to be watched by people who are sitting on their ass and could never do it themselves is pretty much perfectly tailored to liberals...
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 1:04:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Professional Sports in bed with politicians, special laws, stadium tax financing, TV coverage.
Got to appease the govt.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 1:04:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

this

and have you seen the ones that play the sports? Who do you think they vote for?
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 1:12:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 1:15:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Because they are all staffed with urban sports fans - people who do not give a shit about sports other than their major city team, and most of them are located in or are from California, the Northeast, or Chicago.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 1:16:53 PM EDT
[#8]
What does jared Allen have to say about this?
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 1:16:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I think a lot of it has to do with the nature of the media/entertainment industry and the people who are attracted to work in it.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 1:18:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Because sports fans tolerate it.
Liberals are much better at voting with their dollars than conservatives are.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 1:19:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Pro sports are dominated by black athletes

to prove you're down with the struggle of the black man, you have to out liberal the other (white) guy.

those who are in sports media and have never played sports are there because they crave black dicks

looking at you Marv Alvert

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 1:23:35 PM EDT
[#12]
NFL doesn't pay taxes and the current administration is libs.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 1:29:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/24/2016 1:31:48 PM EDT
[#14]
There is a large group of males that dont work "traditional day jobs" that can sit at home and chill while warching TV. Plus lots of college males will watch in between classes or while eating.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 1:32:26 PM EDT
[#15]
They do it because 90% of sports fans are simpletons who aint the sharpest knife in the drawer. The only sports fans that seem to have a smidge of common sense are baseball fans and even then they are bordering retarded.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 1:33:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Because Media.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 1:40:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
They do it because 90% of sports fans are simpletons who aint the sharpest knife in the drawer. The only sports fans that seem to have a smidge of common sense are baseball fans and even then they are bordering retarded.
View Quote

All that hate gonna burn you up.

But you aint no Robert. No special Hind-D scene for you.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 1:40:49 PM EDT
[#18]
ESPN probably due to being filled with journalists.

NFL is probably trying to appeal to young people who vote D overwhelmingly, and stadiums are all in left wing big cities, so they need the Ds in their pocket for favorable tax treatment and taxpayer dollars to build the things.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 1:44:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 1:56:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Says the smug guy on the internet. Cut from all the sports teams growing up?
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 2:07:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah. I was an okay baseball player but I never tried out for any teams.I just didn't enjoy them enough. When you get a chance turn off the Kardashians and turn to a ball game pre-show and take a look at all the fans. I guarantee you will see what I'm talking about.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 2:13:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Nah. I was an okay baseball player but I never tried out for any teams.I just didn't enjoy them enough. When you get a chance turn off the Kardashians and turn to a ball game pre-show and take a look at all the fans. I guarantee you will see what I'm talking about.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Since when did baseball actually become a sport? That's like claiming shuffleboard or chess is a sport.

Link Posted: 6/24/2016 2:13:08 PM EDT
[#23]
They want the womenz to watch the sports channel too. They're 50% of the population.

Why do you think the Halftime shows at the Superbowl are so lame?

We inclusive now.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 2:15:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Are you talking about the non profit organization known as the NFL which doesn't pay taxes?
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 2:16:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Because they are all staffed with urban sports fans - people who do not give a shit about sports other than their major city team, and most of them are located in or are from California, the Northeast, or Chicago.
View Quote

I think this accounts for much of it.
City culture knuckleheads are the megaphones on the networks.

Then add in the socially liberal bosses and their PC mentality.

You can have controversial views - when they're liberal views.
Slant to the right? Goodluck, right Curt Schilling?
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 2:17:05 PM EDT
[#26]
If they don't, they will be guilted and shamed out of business by the bullies behind the agenda.   Do you even Sal Alinsky bro?
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 2:18:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
My opinion? It's a matter of audience. Over the last several years, pro sports have had to start catering to a broader market in order to keep getting bigger. The traditional market for pro sports has been blue collar, American men. Now that they have that market cornered (IE: Most of them will watch NASCAR or NFL every week during the season), they have to target other groups because that's all they have left to grow their audience.

They know they have the blue collar men demographic locked down, so they cater the broadcasts and advertising to women or other groups that don't traditionally watch sports. Pandering to them helps grow viewership, so that's why you see all the ads and political stances that seem to go against the traditional viewership.

I remember when NASCAR broadcasts were full of technical information and commentators would talk about technical aspects of the cars and adjustments that were being made. Now it's all about driver backstories and building up drama for new viewers. The most technical they get is "They can drive XX laps before needing fuel". The same goes for the NFL. I remember when commentary was about dissecting routes and defenses. Now it's about how the guy who just made a good play grew up hard and overcame something to make it in the NFL. It's about the stories and not the sport. Throw in some commercials that support diversity and political correctness, and now you have a whole new group of viewers who will watch.
View Quote

This is quite true!
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 2:18:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Since when did baseball actually become a sport? That's like claiming shuffleboard or chess is a sport.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yesterday. You didn't see it in the E! breaking news?
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 2:19:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/24/2016 2:21:05 PM EDT
[#30]
What makes you think that anything on TV would support anything other than the liberal agenda.  Gobbles would be proud.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 2:27:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I don't sports, but I am sitting here in a waiting room being force fed ESPN,  and the are fellating Obama on air.

Now I have always assumed sports was red blooded, beer drinking, blue collar America. I mean professional sports are a meritocracy where the best conquers all. Also it is pure capitalism with billions being paid for frivolity.

So why are the talking heads on a network dedicated to money and concussions sucking lib ballsack on air?
View Quote

NO IT MOST CERTAINLY IS NOT.

These stadiums are most of the time paid by taxes, so then the government gets a vested interest and can push their agenda to a wide audience.

Link Posted: 6/24/2016 2:27:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
My opinion? It's a matter of audience. Over the last several years, pro sports have had to start catering to a broader market in order to keep getting bigger. The traditional market for pro sports has been blue collar, American men. Now that they have that market cornered (IE: Most of them will watch NASCAR or NFL every week during the season), they have to target other groups because that's all they have left to grow their audience.

They know they have the blue collar men demographic locked down, so they cater the broadcasts and advertising to women or other groups that don't traditionally watch sports. Pandering to them helps grow viewership, so that's why you see all the ads and political stances that seem to go against the traditional viewership.

I remember when NASCAR broadcasts were full of technical information and commentators would talk about technical aspects of the cars and adjustments that were being made. Now it's all about driver backstories and building up drama for new viewers. The most technical they get is "They can drive XX laps before needing fuel". The same goes for the NFL. I remember when commentary was about dissecting routes and defenses. Now it's about how the guy who just made a good play grew up hard and overcame something to make it in the NFL. It's about the stories and not the sport. Throw in some commercials that support diversity and political correctness, and now you have a whole new group of viewers who will watch.
View Quote

Bingo
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 2:30:29 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Where I'm at, 90% of the sports fans are college educated and pulling at least $250k per year. Not only do a lot of people here watch sports, they participate in a wide variety of sports on the weekends.

Link Posted: 6/24/2016 2:33:42 PM EDT
[#34]
I love collegeNFL football and racing. But I can hardly watch the sports networks anymore because of their brainwashed garbage. I just keep my enjoyment of watching sports to the events themselves and skip the commentary by idiots. After all... these idiots were/are proud to claim Keith Olbermann. That's all the indicator I need to know where they're coming from.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 2:34:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Oops... double tap.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 2:37:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

And the liberal sports commentators that all went to liberal progressive J-School but could not hack it in the news world.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 2:39:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is why I quit watching NASCAR, they pander to hipsters and women plus NASCAR itself caters to the Sponsors (dat $$$) who aren't in touch with the fanbase.  I miss the technical parts of it enough to quit watching and cancel my paid subscriptions, plus I got tired of little Billy's politics and the Trailer Trash Wallaces.  I just want to see racing, I couldn't give a fuck about the drama and forced "diversity".
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 2:39:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Duh, bread & circus.
View Quote

This, too.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 2:39:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Where I'm at, 90% of the sports fans are college educated and pulling at least $250k per year. Not only do a lot of people here watch sports, they participate in a wide variety of sports on the weekends.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't want to call BS on you but......This pretty much sums up sports fans not what your claiming.

" />
and
" />
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 2:41:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
NFL doesn't pay taxes and the current administration is libs.
View Quote

Came here to post this.  Bears repeating.

The NFL (National Felons League) is a tax exempt corporation that uses your tax money to fund and build it's BILLION dollar stadiums.

Gotta keep those cranky middleclass and poor folks talking about something or they might get uppity and start paying attention to what "we" are really doing.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 2:45:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/24/2016 2:48:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hush.  It's more funner to talk about conspiracies and stuff.

Globalists fund SJWs to go to football games so they can make union contacts for fundamental change to instant replay rules.  Also, black people are felons.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 2:49:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Your assumption that it is "sports" is flawed. It's "advertising", targeting the lowest common denominator.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 2:52:54 PM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't want to call BS on you but......This pretty much sums up sports fans not what your claiming.

http://<a href=http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w466/Gunguy87/Stupid%20Football%20Fan_zps5plgcwnm.jpg</a>" />

and

http://<a href=http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w466/Gunguy87/Stupid%20Football%20Fan%202_zps2nud5bac.jpg</a>" />

I'm talking about watching on TV.

Hell, theres guys here that play with My Little Pony and suck dicks.

Don't judge.

Link Posted: 6/24/2016 2:55:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Professional Sports in bed with politicians, special laws, stadium tax financing, TV coverage.
Got to appease the govt.
View Quote

Ding!
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 2:56:34 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View Quote
yes.

This is the 'figure skating model'.  Figure skating announcers used to be all about the technical aspects, and ratings were always low.  Then in one olympics in IIRC the 90s they invested money to figure out how to make it more popular.  They did this whole 'tell as story about the people and the adversity they overcame'.

It was much more successful than expected, ratings were through the roof.  Gradually other sports started to adopt the same model.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 2:57:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/24/2016 3:00:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Why would you think that?  To me, something designed to be watched by people who are sitting on their ass and could never do it themselves is pretty much perfectly tailored to liberals...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Now I have always assumed sports was red blooded, beer drinking, blue collar America.

The way I see it.

Link Posted: 6/24/2016 3:01:03 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

I get your point, but I think you are grossly over-stating the stats.

There isn't a single county in all of California where the median household income is even half of that.
The overall college attainment rate for California is still below 40%.
The obesity rate for the state is just under 25%.

Hard to believe that 90% of the "sports fanbase" would be so out of line with the rest of the population.  

Link Posted: 6/24/2016 3:07:35 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

There isn't a single county in all of California where the median household income is even half of that.

Hard to believe that 90% of the "sports fanbase" would be so out of line with the rest of the population.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I'm up in Marin. There are an awful lot of people that have a lot of money. I'm not one of them, but I work for them. I just pulled those numbers out of my ass just from what I've seen.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top