Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/20/2006 8:46:47 AM EDT
Seriously. There was a thread in the IL HTF about a member whose neighbor is a sex offender. Another member posted a link to a "find a sex offender near you" website.

I plug in my address and ZIP. Holy cow, there are 8 in my town and the surrounding village.

Why are these sex offenders allowed out of jail? Is it because the criminal system feels that they can be "rehabillitated?"

[sgtar15]Discuss[/sgtar15]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:48:22 AM EDT
Not every sex offender beheads little children and skullfucks them. Jesus.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:51:40 AM EDT

Originally Posted By deej86:
Seriously. There was a thread in the IL HTF about a member whose neighbor is a sex offender. Another member posted a link to a "find a sex offender near you" website.

I plug in my address and ZIP. Holy cow, there are 8 in my town and the surrounding village.

Why are these sex offenders allowed out of jail? Is it because the criminal system feels that they can be "rehabillitated?"

[sgtar15]Discuss[/sgtar15]

Sex offenses are the latest witch hunt.

Some of them are seriously bad dudes, of course. But a lot of them would more properly have been convicted of public urination. Some of them were 18-year-old boys who got caught with a 17-year-old girlfriend. In other words, you and I are unconvicted "sex offenders".
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:53:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/20/2006 9:04:37 AM EDT by macro]
Another instance from the countless examples of political correctness destroying our society.
They should all be shot dead. Not one night in jail. The tax payers shouldnt have to pay more than the cost of a bullet to deal with these cretins. Instead, we spend hundreds of thousand per person in incarceration costs....then set them free on the public to commit more crime.

Why....because believe it or not, most people in our society think its wrong to execute these animals. Sexual assault should be punishable by death, period. I have no tolerance for that shit at all. I've seen it destroy a few people and will never accept less than a death sentence for any monster that will rape. They should all die a screaming, bloody, agonizing, slow death.

ETA: This assumes we are talking about rape and sexual assault. Someone that takes a leak on the side of the road and some passing car has a kid in the back seat that sees it shouldnt qualify as an offense. There is nothing sexual about it. Pissing on someone, maybe...pissing near someone, different thing entirely.

Also ETA: Regarding statuatory rape (all my opinion) ...an 18 year old with a 16 year old, not a crime, a 20 year old with a 17 year old...pushing the envelope, not really a crime.... a 23 year old with a 17 year old....really fucking innapropriate but not sure I would lock someone up for it....25 with a minor...should probably incur some kind of felony.....anyone over 30 with a minor, assuming it was concentual, they should be locked up and beaten regularly. When I was younger there was a guy that worked out at my gym....he was 34 and was nailing a 17 year old girl from my high school! Fucking unforgivable. She got used but of course didnt see it that way at the time. If it was my daugter I would have broken out his front teeth with a ball peen hammer then smashed his face in with a bat. Fucking pedophile
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:56:18 AM EDT
go3: One of the points one of the posters made in the HTF was that it's not clear that every one on that list is a sex offender.

IIRC, one of my high school teachers was indicted for having a "sexually explicit" online chat with what he thought was a 13 year old girl, but was a worker for a vigilante website dedicated to finding sex offenders.

Last I heard(and this was almost 2 years ago) is that the cops were going through his computers and he was going to court.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:56:49 AM EDT
to make room for state AWB violators and or owners of malfunctioning simi auto rifles?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:57:06 AM EDT
They are let out because liberals, asshole judges and scumbag attorneys care more about the rights of perverts than about the safety of the rest of us.

If I was king: Anyone who molests a kid rides the lightning.
No rehab, no parole, no bullshit sob stories about how you had a rough life because you didn't get a Tactical Timmy action figure when you were 8. Fuck you, I don't care.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:57:26 AM EDT

Originally Posted By macro:

ETA: This assumes we are talking about rape and sexual assault. Someone that takes a leak on the side of the road and some passing car has a kid in the back seat that sees it shouldnt qualify as an offense. There is nothing sexual about it. Pissing on someone, maybe...pissing near someone, different thing entirely.

Well yes. Pissing on the side of the road is illegal, but nothing that should qualify for the sex offender list.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:57:44 AM EDT
Cause some of them are 18-20 year old guys who had girlfriends that were 15-17.
Deej, most statuatory rape cases go like this:

Guy sees chick.
Chick sees guy
Guy and Chick flirt.
Chick is under 18.
Guy says "meh, whats the harm in it"
Guy and chick do the deed.
Guy and chick do the deed for a while.
Guy loses interest in chick.
Chick decides to get back at guy.
Chick tells parents she has been having sex with Guy (who is over 18)
Parents go to cops.
Guy gets charged/convicted with statuatory rape.
"Sex offender" follows guy around for the rest of his life.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:58:02 AM EDT

Originally Posted By photokirk:
They are let out because liberals, asshole judges and scumbag attorneys care more about the rights of perverts than about the safety of the rest of us.

If I was king: Anyone who molests a kid rides the lightning.
No rehab, no parole, no bullshit sob stories about how you had a rough life because you didn't get a Tactical Timmy action figure when you were 8. Fuck you, I don't care.

Photokirk for
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:00:01 AM EDT

Originally Posted By thedoctors308:

Guy sees chick.
Chick sees guy
Guy and Chick flirt.
Chick is under 18.
Parents go to cops.

Well rape is rape.

Are you saying that if you have sex with an underage person it shouldn't be considered a sex offense?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:00:31 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:03:52 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Troy:
"Real" sex offenders are much more rarely caught, because they exert a lot of power over their victims. A lot of the people on the sex offender sights are there because:

- Indecent exposure (read: public urination)
- Soliciting prostitution (hey, baby, you wanna get with me?)
- Statutory Rape (meets girl in bar requiring ID that says she's 21, she's really 17)
- False Date-Rape accusation (girl regrets sleeping with guy)

I would agree though, that a "traditional" sex offender (rapist, child molester) will NEVER be cured and should never be released (and should probably be put down).

-Troy

So you're saying that if I(not that I am advocating illegal activities) "do my business" on a roadside and I get caught, I can get "branded" a sex offender?

Rapists and child molesters should be kept where they belong. And they don't belong on the streets.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:05:06 AM EDT

Originally Posted By m4hk33:
to make room for state AWB violators and or owners of malfunctioning simi auto rifles?

Yea but that doesn’t hold a candle to the drug "offenders". You got to make room for them. Them's dangerous people, they’ll kill us all. However, murderers and rapists are hogging all the court rooms and jail cells.

Seriously though, a dead to rights sexual offender should never see the sky again. Put him in a box and make him do menial labor for food and TV privileges. Seems simple to me.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:08:11 AM EDT

Guy sees chick.
Chick sees guy
Guy and Chick flirt.
Chick is under 18.
Parents go to cops.

Well rape is rape.

Are you saying that if you have sex with an underage person it shouldn't be considered a sex offense?

Statuatory rape = consenual sex with a minor.

No, I'm saying laws should be enforced with common sense.
An 18 year old having sex with a 16 year old is a lot different than a 30 year old having sex with a 10 year old.
Hell, when I was 18, my girlfriend was 17.
I guess, technically, I could be considerd a sex offender.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:10:20 AM EDT

Guy sees chick.
Chick sees guy
Guy and Chick flirt.
Chick is under 18.
Parents go to cops.

Well rape is rape.

Statuatory rape = consenual sex with a minor.

No, I'm saying laws should be enforced with common sense.
An 18 year old having sex with a 16 year old is a lot different than a 30 year old having sex with a 10 year old.
Hell, when I was 18, my girlfriend was 17.
I guess, technically, I could be considerd a sex offender.

Makes a lot of sense. It's not very clear what's an offense and what isn't.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:11:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/20/2006 9:12:36 AM EDT by Rodent]

So you're saying that if I(not that I am advocating illegal activities) "do my business" on a roadside and I get caught, I can get "branded" a sex offender?

Yes. Over-zealous prosecutors have convicted sex criminals like you for public exposure.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:12:34 AM EDT
just wanted to increase my post count, ignore me
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:13:41 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Rodent:

Yes. Public exposure.

Also, if youre caught having sex where someone sees you...like in a car...you can also get the "sex offender" title
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:25:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/20/2006 9:25:34 AM EDT by iocane]
Sickos want to get away with there crimes, some have plenty of money and positions of power. They get people that are guilty of minor totally unrelated crimes lumped in with them, they bribe judges, bribe cops, bribe the politicians, bribe the reporters. Bit by bit what they get away with gets expanded, like that judge that sentenced the guy who raped a 6 year old to a few weeks, wasn't for the big public outcry that judgement would have stuck. Either the sickos will win and some really terrible things will become okay under the law, or they will lose. Take your pick.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:27:13 AM EDT
Don't worry--the online sex offender listings often aren't accurate.
Which is ironic, because the online listings are a lot of the reason that a lot of freed sex offenders try to run from the law after they get out.

A high school buddy who is a cop told it like this: a lot of these convicted guys get out, and their name goes on these lists, and they get discriminated against heavily with finding jobs and housing--because it's so easy for anyone to search for them on these public lists. Because these guys are publicized (unlike ANY other type of criminal offense) and not many landlords or employers want to risk the bad publicity.

And you might say "aww tough luck asshole" but then, the next problem is that the guys see no point in cooperating with the terms of their release (probation and registering) because it soon becomes obvious that they have very poor chances of getting re-established into any sort of regular life, without a job or any place to live.
So they go on the run.
And then your tax dollars get to pay for extra police to try to find them. He knew about this because occasionally my buddy would spend time (with other pollice) trying to find these people.

If was his opinion that these sex-offender lists should just be discontinued; if a job or apartment wants a police check they can do it the regular way, and since most other people wouldn't bother they'd never know. It was a obvious idea but just isn't producing the effect that they intended. If one of these guys went to court to have this law dropped arguing that it was discriminatory, it would be very easy to find lots of other guys with similar stories.
~
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:29:02 AM EDT
Is it more "wrong" for an eighteen-year-old to boink a seventeen-year-old than it is for a sixty-year-old to boink an eighteen-year-old? The former is a sex offender, the latter is not.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:29:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/20/2006 9:33:18 AM EDT by -Duke-Nukem-]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:31:53 AM EDT
In our area, you can see the crime that the offender was convicted of...so if it's something as simple as "public urination" it's listed. Unfortunately, of the 64 offenders living in my zip code, 8 of them are LEVEL 3. (for those wanting to know, they are the really bad guys...you know, the ones who should have burned in hell)

I think THOSE are the ones Deej is alarmed about.
And as a mom, I must say, I am too.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:33:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Rodent:

Yes. Over-zealous prosecutors have convicted sex criminals like you for public exposure.

I never did. I was making a hypothetical example. I never would do that, or advocate illegal activities.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:36:57 AM EDT

Originally Posted By -Duke-Nukem-:
Some of you guys know I'm a criminal defense attorney for children in Kansas City. Hopefully not for much longer, but I digress. I defend a child accused of a sex crime on average about twice a month. We all have parts of our job that we don't like, and this is mine. I'll share just one story. It is old and I won't be naming names, so confidentiality isn't affected.

Two girls aged 13 and 14 were convicted of rubbing a 5 year old boy's wee-wee raw last year. Myself and a co-counsel decided to join the trials and run them at the same time. We ran an alibi defense and I felt that we showed clearly that there was no opportunity for them to have caused the injury found on the 5 year old. The child had exema, a skin condition that caused the skin on sensitive parts of his body to come off in little tags unless a special cream was applied. We sucessfully introduced medical evidence of his condition to the judge, and went through a timeline showing that at the time he reported the injury he hadn't seen the two girls in more than a month. Now--the boy's father was a pimp who was running the girl's mother as a whore periodically as well as abusing her physically and by controlling her drug supply. We did NOT introduce evidence of this since the girls did not want to be taken away from their mother, which would happen if the court found out about it. I always personally thought that the pimp had used a breakout of exema on the boy's penis to try to bring the woman back under his control-- he repeatedly offered to drop all the charges against her children if she would return to working for him. Of course its also possible that the two girls, sexualized as they might be by their mother's nocturnal activities, had taken revenge against the pimp by perping on his 5 year old son, but like I said, they had a pretty good alibi since the two parties had broken off all contact with each other a month before the allegation was made.

Both the girls are now on the sexual predator list. They were convicted based on hearsay testimony and the judge ignored our alibi defense. They were kicked out of school since their conviction violated Missouri's safe schools act and are now trying to get into an alternative school under special conditions. They have not attended regular school for about 9 months now and if they are unable to enroll in an alternative school, its GED time, which sucks because one of the girls is pretty intelligent. They are not allowed contact with any child under the age of 12, which is kind of rough on you when you are 14. They will remain convicted felons until their 17th birthday, at which point that much of it will drop off their record.

So who wants the girls to "ride the lightning"? Or, are they the victims of adults who preyed on them and used them as pawns, while escaping any culpability for themselves? There is a story behind every name on that list. These people aren't people who you would want your children to hang out with. I understand that. But to say they should never be let out of jail I think shows an ignorance of the facts that often lie just behind the political rhetoric.

That's just wrong. I think the latter. I think, now that I think about it, that every case IS unique. It seems wrong, now that I think about it, that you can't just brand everyone even if you don't know the case.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:51:35 AM EDT
Why are sex offenders allowed out of jail?

Because people with non-violent and non-sexual drug offenses are required to serve more of their sentences than are required by convicted pedophiles.

Jails are overcrowded and the justice system still considers non-violent drug offenders to be more serious crimes than the molestation, rape, battery and sodomy of children.

Drug offenders serve close to 80% of their sentences and pedophiles serve less than 40%.

The war on drugs should be renamed. How about pedophile carnival?

HS1
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:54:27 AM EDT
Why are sex offenders allowed IN jails?

I say we shoot em in the head and let the families of the victums decide what to do with the corpse.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:04:19 AM EDT
Top Top