Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2009 7:04:49 PM EDT
We were out walking the dogs tonight on the trails that run through the woods in our neighborhood.  In one section there are homes on one side of the trail and woods (which are HOA-owned and paid for common area) on the other.  We came across a guy running wheel-barrows full of yard waste (looked like bush or tree trimmings and grass clippings) from his yard across the trail  and dumping them about 6 feet off the trail.  Not far enough to even be considered "in the woods", this stuff was clearly visible from the trail and it looked like ASS.  Now I'm the FIRST one to say fuck the HOA because they're a bunch of power hungry, intrusive, over-stepping assholes for the most part, but god damnit it's lazy fuckers like this guy that make a need for the nazis in the first place.  I said "You know it's against the proprietary rules to dump yard-waste in the common areas, right?" and as I was saying it I was thinking to myself "It shouldn't matter what the HOA rules are, that looks like SHIT and you're fucking up a nice area for those of us who try to enjoy these trails."  I was almost embarrassed to be bitching about violation of an HOA rule, but the fact of the matter is, people who don't police their own shit make HOAs necessary in tight suburban areas.  God I hate the burbs.....I need to move to the country.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:24:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
We were out walking the dogs tonight on the trails that run through the woods in our neighborhood.  In one section there are homes on one side of the trail and woods (which are HOA-owned and paid for common area) on the other.  We came across a guy running wheel-barrows full of yard waste (looked like bush or tree trimmings and grass clippings) from his yard across the trail  and dumping them about 6 feet off the trail.  Not far enough to even be considered "in the woods", this stuff was clearly visible from the trail and it looked like ASS.  Now I'm the FIRST one to say fuck the HOA because they're a bunch of power hungry, intrusive, over-stepping assholes for the most part, but god damnit it's lazy fuckers like this guy that make a need for the nazis in the first place.  I said "You know it's against the proprietary rules to dump yard-waste in the common areas, right?" and as I was saying it I was thinking to myself "It shouldn't matter what the HOA rules are, that looks like SHIT and you're fucking up a nice area for those of us who try to enjoy these trails."  I was almost embarrassed to be bitching about violation of an HOA rule, but the fact of the matter is, people who don't police their own shit make HOAs necessary in tight suburban areas.  God I hate the burbs.....I need to move to the country.

You're complaining about a guy dumping grass clippings in the woods and you want to move to the country?
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:25:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Waiting for cool story bro.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:38:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You're complaining about a guy dumping grass clippings in the woods and you want to move to the country?

He didn't dump his stuff in the woods, which start about 10 feet off the trail, he just crossed the trail so it wasn't on his property anymore and dumped it next to the trail in a common area that is paid for and maintained by HOA fees.  Keep in mind that this is in a large subdivision, so we're not talking about wilderness here, we're talking about lightly wooded areas that run through the neighborhood to provide trail areas and separation between the different developments.  If everyone dumped their stuff there, it would look like crap, which is exactly why the HOA has rules against it.  What should be common sense apparently isn't.  If this was really "the woods", I wouldn't care, but this is supposed to be a maintained walking trail area, not a dumping ground for Mr. Lazy Fuck who doesn't want to bag up his waste for removal tomorrow morning.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:39:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Waiting for cool story bro.

It's my rant...if you don't like it, here ya go...

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:41:04 PM EDT
[#5]
cause like stuffs like hard to do an' junk...
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:45:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:51:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Reminds me of the goof ball across the street.  The city comes by once a week to pick up grass clippings, tree branches, general yard waste, this @#@$@## gathers all that stuff up out of his yard, and piles it on his next door neighbors yard for pick up!  His next door neighbor is an 80 year old widow!    

Same basic principle, except that we all own the land he's dumping this stuff on, and nobody comes to pick it up, it just sits there and rots and becomes a breeding ground for whatever bugs, snakes, etc. want to nest there.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 8:13:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Around here I've seen plenty that just toss it over the back wall.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 8:33:02 PM EDT
[#9]
In the human animal the only thing that has half a chance at beating stupid out of first place
in the human traits category is lazy.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 8:55:10 PM EDT
[#10]
1/10 for the rant. Needs more cuss words and anger.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top