Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/16/2013 12:39:16 AM EDT
Do you think you are going to get free stuff if they are in your state? Or is it just to say..yeah I live in a state when pmags are produced?

PS: I don't know what this flag means but I wanted to use it.
XOXO
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 12:41:04 AM EDT
Because they currently reside in a state that hasn't gone full retard. Yet.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 12:41:09 AM EDT
Do you live in Colorado?
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 12:42:31 AM EDT
Because Michigan could use some new businesses. DUH!!
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 12:43:16 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 12:44:15 AM EDT
Attempts to offset tard migration. Texas will need politically right migrants to offset the rats fleeing the sinking ship known as California. People tend to be more welcoming if they think you are of similar mindset, I'd wager those in ownership/management at Magpul are far from Obama voters.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 12:47:00 AM EDT
No I don't live in CO. I just don't see why everyone is like come here come here! I'll search for locations for you..etc Every where needs jobs..I don't care where Magpul goes as long as they continue to make quality products. Just seem like everyone is trying to convince them this state is better then that state.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 12:47:56 AM EDT
Originally Posted By shotar:
Because they would provide jobs in akron, the polymer capital of the world.

I see what you did there.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 12:49:47 AM EDT
Because magpul is in a decent size industry and gun owners feel more comfortable about their own state laws if there is a business aspect to it. That said would it be nice if magpul move to MO? Yes, but not at the expense at millions of law abiding gun owners losing their god/natural given rights.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 12:52:18 AM EDT
Because they could continue production in a state that isn't trying to legally reem their entire business into the trash can.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 12:53:46 AM EDT
Hell, I'd even be for Michigan getting new business in the toothpick and ketchup industries.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 1:04:37 AM EDT
Something tells me by this point in the entire CO shit that Magpul has already found a location to relocate to so they can move fast and quick if they need be.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 2:07:31 AM EDT
Originally Posted By shotar:
Because they would provide jobs in akron, the polymer capital of the world.

And the birthplace of Devo, too!
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 2:11:43 AM EDT
As the saying goes, "VA is for lovers". Well thats bullshit, Virginia is for lobbyists. Magpul if you want one of those sweet, sweet US defense contracts that everyone in the industry lusts for then move here. VA will give you the best chance to cement yourself into the defense industry proper.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 2:18:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/16/2013 2:19:58 AM EDT by Chris0013]
It is simply about jobs, and tax revenue. CO is looking to pass laws restricting gun owners rights....Magpul is simply saying that if those laws pass they will leave. By saying they are welcome in our state it is not about us getting free stuff from them but about getting the jobs and associated tax revenue that goes with it. CO loses jobs and tax revenue and takes an economic hit because of the laws it passed.

You see the same thing when states raise taxes....businesses tend to move to states that have lower taxes.

Now....in a more GD post....Magpul come on down to TX....we need you to make mags for the War of Secession.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 2:26:35 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Toothpicksandkatchup:
No I don't live in CO. I just don't see why everyone is like come here come here! I'll search for locations for you..etc Every where needs jobs..I don't care where Magpul goes as long as they continue to make quality products. Just seem like everyone is trying to convince them this state is better then that state.

Why are you not promoting your state should be the question. What are you? Some godless, selfish narcissist heathen? Don't you want your neighbors to be well and prosper? A fascist Luddite with a passionate hatred of plastic? Don't you like where you live? Do you suffer from some state inferiority complex? A unionist protesting the common man stepping on the toes of the employees of state tourist bureaucracies? Why do you care? Or not care enough?

j/k
first world problems
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 2:39:05 AM EDT
There are a lot of gun businesses in Arkansas and the more the better. Texans are in deep denial. Texas state will go the way of Kolorado the demographic trends say so. It ranks 33rd in NICS checks and will be majority Latino in 6 years. 60% of births are paid for by the government. It's heading in the wrong direction fast. Nothing wrong with being poor and Latino other than they vote for Barry.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 2:43:44 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 2:44:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/16/2013 2:44:29 AM EDT by RDak]

I think anti-gun States should be PUNISHED.

Enough of this shit.

Let the anti-gun commie BASTARDS reap what they sow.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 2:55:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/16/2013 3:43:06 AM EDT by HankZudd]
Opie, sit in the corner & watch before you ask stoopid questions,,,,,,,,your
really making teh class of 13 look ignerant,,,,,,

besides, I already know Magpul is moving right next to LaRue,,,,,and LaRue has an
Awesome shooting day each year, where they GIVE OUT FREE SHIT
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 2:55:36 AM EDT
I will become a magpul customer when they leave Colorado.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 2:59:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/16/2013 3:00:27 AM EDT by Fincho]
Because they are leg jumping retards that should be using their time to contact Colorado reps

Worse than the guys excited about getting used guns/mags from ny
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 3:13:10 AM EDT
Because I'd like more jobs in my state, and better training oportunities than there are currently at home. Plus a chance to drink beers with Drake, I think we'd get along.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 3:18:21 AM EDT
OP, I didn't care about it until you said something. I wish I knew what state you lived in so I could tell them not to go there but its probably a ban state.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 3:20:16 AM EDT
I don't care where they go . . . as long as they go somewhere they are appreciated.

I have never understood why gun, ammo, and gun accessory manufacturers stay in states that are run by a majority of Second Amendment haters.

Glad to see some are moving to warmer (in all respects) climates.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 3:41:15 AM EDT
Just because you make a product your state wants to ban doesn't mean you should leave. Right?

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 3:44:21 AM EDT
Originally Posted By BBQChamp:
There are a lot of gun businesses in Arkansas and the more the better. Texans are in deep denial. Texas state will go the way of Kolorado the demographic trends say so. It ranks 33rd in NICS checks and will be majority Latino in 6 years. 60% of births are paid for by the government. It's heading in the wrong direction fast. Nothing wrong with being poor and Latino other than they vote for Barry.

No NICS checks with a CCL.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 3:44:27 AM EDT
Originally Posted By HKPDW:
Just because you make a product your state wants to ban doesn't mean you should leave. Right?

Good one!!

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 3:45:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/16/2013 3:47:06 AM EDT by mrkma]
Originally Posted By HKPDW:

I think CO is saying possession , selling and manufacturing will be illegal.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 3:55:13 AM EDT
Originally Posted By mbpike:
Something tells me by this point in the entire CO shit that Magpul has already found a location to relocate to so they can move fast and quick if they need be.

Yep, "move with little to no interruption in production", NO WAY they're saying that and don't have something in the works already.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 3:55:48 AM EDT
Do you think you are going to get free stuff if they are in your state? Or is it just to say..yeah I live in a state when pmags are produced?

WTF? The self evident answers are above your grasp?

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 3:56:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/16/2013 3:57:15 AM EDT by Dan_Gray]
Originally Posted By mrkma:
Originally Posted By BBQChamp:

No NICS checks with a CCL.

Same in Arkansas.Yet unlike Texas, I don't become a damn criminal for walking down the beer isle (or even buying it) at a grocery store.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 3:57:46 AM EDT
If CO bans the manufacture of MagPul's products, they have a choice of going tu or moving where they can operate.

Personally, I want the arms industry here for when the revolution finally does start.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 4:00:15 AM EDT
Originally Posted By wganz:
If CO bans the manufacture of MagPul's products, they have a choice of going tu or moving where they can operate.

Personally, I want the arms industry here for when the revolution finally does start.

The South shall rise again. :)
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 4:01:32 AM EDT
Originally Posted By pukindog:

Nope, below it.

I understand the idea behind brining jobs in but it seems silly when you have people lobbying for them to come to their state, saying they will look for land for them etc... Maybe not,
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 4:07:34 AM EDT

Nope, below it.

I understand the idea behind brining jobs in but it seems silly when you have people lobbying for them to come to their state, saying they will look for land for them etc... Maybe not,

Not sure how it is where you live, but in my state we tend to actively recruit industries for the economic benefit.

Any time a business is struggling or literally being run out of other states by overbearing taxes and regulations, I'll invite them here. We'll take the jobs.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 4:09:37 AM EDT
If they came to NH I would work for them.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 4:12:18 AM EDT
Funny how the politicians don't even consider the loss of their constituents jobs when they apply their boots to necks and try to run legitimate businesses out of business.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 4:14:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/16/2013 4:17:37 AM EDT by Toothpicksandkatchup]

Nope, below it.

Not sure how it is where you live, but in my state we tend to actively recruit industries for the economic benefit.

Any time a business is struggling or literally being run out of other states by overbearing taxes and regulations, I'll invite them here. We'll take the jobs.

So lets say a grocery store chain was being run out of X state, would you want them to come into your state if they had a product you could already buy online. Basically, our we only seeing this because it's Magpul..What if it was Ricky's River Rocks Rock The Socks Of Diamond Bezel Clocks? Would you go look for a nice area with manufacturing capabilities for them like you would for Magpul?

It's 3:17am...it's bed time

This might make no sense.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 4:19:25 AM EDT
They provide roughly $85 million in state revenue and 400 jobs. What state wouldn't want that? Except NY of course.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 4:23:48 AM EDT

Nope, below it.

So lets say a grocery store chain was being run out of X state, would you want them to come into your state if they had a product you could already buy online. Basically, our we only seeing this because it's Magpul..What if it was Ricky's River Rocks Rock The Socks Of Diamond Bezel Clocks? Would you go look for a nice area with manufacturing capabilities for them like you would for Magpul?

It's 3:17am...it's bed time

This might make no sense.

It makes sense, and the answer is yes. I won't bother you with the lengthy details, but in a nutshell, more jobs here = more ecnomic activity = better life for me. My state and local governments will jump through quite a few hoops to land jobs.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 4:35:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/16/2013 4:36:24 AM EDT by Caboose314]
I live in CO. I'd like to see them take their buisiness and tax money to a state that will stand up to firearms legislation. Cheyenne Wyoming is only 90 miles from their current location.

I personally would be giddy if they set up shop across the street from Larue in TX
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 4:47:14 AM EDT
SC gives legitimate businesses tax breaks all the time to relocate.

OP...join date...troll
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:30:17 AM EDT
Originally Posted By scootr29:
SC gives legitimate businesses tax breaks all the time to relocate.

OP...join date...troll

Yep. They could set-up on Columbia near FN and PSA.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:42:47 AM EDT
Originally Posted By America-first:
Funny how the politicians don't even consider the loss of their constituents jobs when they apply their boots to necks and try to run legitimate businesses out of business.

Think like them for a second... "Death Merchants should have to find better jobs..."

In the end, they really do not care.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:47:35 AM EDT
Because they are not going to keep producing in defiance of the law with an armed perimeter daring someone to risk their life to stop them. If you are not going to fight you must retreat, why retreat to a place that doesn't want you?
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:10:41 AM EDT
When a good company moves out of a shitass state to a good state, it is a win for freedom. Let the crushing weight of liberalism finish ruining the bad states & the exodus of those with any brains help strengthen the good states. Simple as that. It shouldn't only be gun companies. ALL companies with responsible leadership should tell fucked states like CA, NY, CO to fuck off.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:11:55 AM EDT

Originally Posted By DoNotTreadOnMe:
I will become a magpul customer when they leave Colorado.

lol
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:14:36 AM EDT
If you have no understand of local employment, tax revenue, state sales tax, industrial suppliers, shipping companies, marketing companies...etc. then yeah there is no point. However, if you would actually like jobs in your state, that generate local and state revenue, the use local companies for shipping, that use local companies to supply materials, that use local companies to advertise and market then there is a huge point to it. Plus since the state that I live in is one of the free states everyone else who lives in a free state will not have to worry about the state banning the items the company makes, force them to relocate, disrupt supply, and increase the cost.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:15:57 AM EDT
I dont get it myself and think it annoying.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:16:25 AM EDT
tag
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top