Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/26/2004 5:52:44 AM EST
What makes them worth twice a much as a RR telescoping stock?

What are the benefits over a regular telescoping stock?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 5:55:11 AM EST
they look pretty ugly but when you put one up to your shoulder it feels perfect. the cheekweld is like heaven, there is NO play in the stock. its as solid as a fixed stock and although heavy it seems as though you could still effectively buttstroke* with it.

<­BR>

*buttstroke meaning the bayonet combat maneuver, not what Sgtar does with his dolls.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 5:57:55 AM EST

Originally Posted By DvlDog:
*buttstroke meaning the bayonet combat maneuver, not what Sgtar does with his dolls.

Owned
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 5:59:35 AM EST

PWNAG3!!!
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 5:59:57 AM EST

Originally Posted By mjohn3006:

Owned

thats better

J
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:02:37 AM EST

Originally Posted By Aim4MyHead:

Originally Posted By mjohn3006:

Owned

img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/jrhack79/ownednail.jpg

thats better

J

LMFAO

I love that movie.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:04:25 AM EST
They are teh suck!
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:15:30 AM EST
What movie is that from?!
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:23:37 AM EST

Originally Posted By Specop_007:

American psycho
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:24:13 AM EST

Originally Posted By Specop_007:

I think it was American Physco.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:30:56 AM EST
Rock solid, single point sling mount, pic rail on your buttstock, customizable tail piece, Rich is DA MAN!!
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:31:01 AM EST
I was looking at a magpul at a class a couple of weeks ago. Adjustment points are much closer together than on conventional telestocks, allowing a 'custom' LOP fit. They also come with three little tabs that allow you to have three different 'presets' for very fast LOP adjustments. Felt solid as a rock. I'm thinking long and hard about getting one.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:49:47 AM EST
What does Magpul offer that the standard RR stock doesn't?

1) Better cheek weld regardless of whether stock is collapsed or extended.
2) 11 different positions over a wider range of distance equals custom length of pull on demand
3) When locked, the stock is as solid as a fixed stock. When left to ratchet freely, still more solid than telestock
4) Slightly heavier for better balance (especially on nose-heavy HBARs or rail systems)
5) Modular - stock can be replaced without removing buffer tuber. Eventually different stocks will be available
6) Plans to offer modular tailpieces for storage and other uses (batteries, integral power supply)
7) Ability to yank open stock quickly to exactly the position you want via presets (though the current plastic presets break frequently)
8) Standard AR "Sproing!" sound becomes more like a Star Trek door opening "shoosh!"

All in all, the Magpul is a really nice stock. Whether it is worth twice what an RR stock goes for is a personal decision; but for me the answer is yes.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:54:15 AM EST
plus magpuls look really high tech
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 3:34:53 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/26/2004 3:52:48 PM EST by TheTacticalSolution]
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 3:40:10 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 4:01:41 PM EST
They don't fuckin' rattle, that's why.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 4:37:58 PM EST

Originally Posted By Bartholomew_Roberts:
What does Magpul offer that the standard RR stock doesn't?

1) Better cheek weld regardless of whether stock is collapsed or extended.
2) 11 different positions over a wider range of distance equals custom length of pull on demand
3) When locked, the stock is as solid as a fixed stock. When left to ratchet freely, still more solid than telestock
4) Slightly heavier for better balance (especially on nose-heavy HBARs or rail systems) I have a 16" HBAR with a KAC RAS and the M93A's extra weight makes the whole rig balance out very nicely...much nicer than the CavArms C1 stock I had on it before the ban expired.
5) Modular - stock can be replaced without removing buffer tuber. Eventually different stocks will be available
6) Plans to offer modular tailpieces for storage and other uses (batteries, integral power supply) I've seen pictures of the different versions...can't wait until Rich begins full-blown production of them...pretty high-speed options.
7) Ability to yank open stock quickly to exactly the position you want via presets (though the current plastic presets break frequently)
8) Standard AR "Sproing!" sound becomes more like a Star Trek door opening "shoosh!"

All in all, the Magpul is a really nice stock. Whether it is worth twice what an RR stock goes for is a personal decision; but for me the answer is yes.

+1

My added comments are in red above...
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 5:01:09 PM EST
Magpuls have the best feel/look out there right now. It's just a matter of personal taste, but they are rock solid....

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 5:06:53 PM EST
I really like the solidity, but do they have to make it look like Robocop's foot? I mean, seriously, is there a need for all those divots and ridges?
Top Top