Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2007 7:21:05 AM EDT
We must make sure that all of these post-VT anti-gun polls get slammed.
If there is a poll on the local news site, post it here.
The news might not show polls that say "80% of Americans oppose more gun control" but that doesn't matter.
It keeps them from showing polls that say "80% of Americans favor more gun control"

Perhaps we could get an official poll thread going, so we can nuke them more efficiently?
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:22:17 AM EDT
[#1]
A-men
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:25:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Indeed,

even though Financial Times reports that the majority is in favour of gun control.

We do need a dedicated FIREMISSION thread, filled with links to polls and email addresses.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:26:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Well even those these are not scientific polls they still show a couple of things:

1.  That Pro-Second Amendment people are active and engaged.

2.  It shows the Media that those that watch their programs and visit their websites do not support gun control.

Plus, if it helps prevent even one local politician from taking on the cause in the way McCarthy has then its a win for us.

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:29:06 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
We do need a dedicated FIREMISSION thread, filled with links to polls and email addresses.

That would be helpful.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:30:18 AM EDT
[#5]
I have been doing my part and hitting them.  One central location or thread with all polls would be really nice.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:31:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Without the "hit it" posts.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:32:41 AM EDT
[#7]
These polls are complete fucking horseshit and are without meaning or value. They are super easy to sway and anyone who takes them seriously should be tested to determine if they are mentally challenged.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:33:46 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
We must make sure that all of these post-VT anti-gun polls get slammed.
If there is a poll on the local news site, post it here.
The news might not show polls that say "80% of Americans oppose more gun control" but that doesn't matter.
It keeps them from showing polls that say "80% of Americans favor more gun control"

Perhaps we could get an official poll thread going, so we can nuke them more efficiently?

+1000

Look how the polls are worded - seems like the media is trying to get polls that are against firearms / 2A.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:36:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
These polls are complete fucking horseshit and are without meaning or value. They are super easy to sway and anyone who takes them seriously should be tested to determine if they are mentally challenged.

You are completely wrong. As the OP said if the polls are not in our favour they will be used against us.

Also, I believe if enough polls are slammed the media attention to gun control may die down quicker.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:36:54 AM EDT
[#10]
I've hit I don't know how many polls in the last few days, but I know it's a bunch.  I'll keep hitting any poll that is brought to the board.

Any poll that needs hitting should be identified as a Fire Mission to make sure it gets max exposure.

HH
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:40:48 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are completely wrong. As the OP said if the polls are not in our favour they will be used against us.

Used against us? "...and according to our web poll 99% of americans believe people should have no guns at all/have unlimited access to guns..." Anyone who listens to an entire sentence like that probably should be wearing a helmet when they walk down a flight of stairs.

Also, I believe if enough polls are slammed the media attention to gun control may die down quicker.

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:50:26 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

every bit of "meaning" that the media can possibly dig out of a poll will be used to further their agenda.

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 10:34:14 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Used against us? "...and according to our web poll 99% of americans believe people should have no guns at all/have unlimited access to guns..." Anyone who listens to an entire sentence like that probably should be wearing a helmet when they walk down a flight of stairs.

Please post a link to this poll. Most polls I've voted in, the questions were very clear.

Laugh if you want but Ive seen several talking heads concede that there will be no significant gun control laws passed because of this. Even Rosie O'donnell! And the tone today seems to be shifting away from gun control to the profile of the killer

Harry Reid even said today that democrats should not focus on gun control right now. If you believe that they would be saying this if the polls reflected that most people wanted more gun control, you are naive.

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 10:35:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Well in that case.

Hit this poll on the middle right hand side.

http://wildcat.arizona.edu/
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 10:38:29 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Well in that case.

Hit.

Yes, violence is getting out of hand.   47%
No, gun control is why we are in this mess in the first place. 20%
No, people have the right to bear arms. 33%

Very clever, how they divide the pro-gun positions.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 10:39:47 AM EDT
[#16]
They are very important......HIT THEM ALL!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 10:42:11 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I've hit I don't know how many polls in the last few days, but I know it's a bunch.  I'll keep hitting any poll that is brought to the board.

Any poll that needs hitting should be identified as a Fire Mission to make sure it gets max exposure.

HH

I agree. There are a great many feeble-minded sheeple out there whose attitudes and opinions come straight from CNN or the "talking head du jour." That is, I have no doubt that some people, maybe a frightening number, are influenced by the outcomes of these polls.

I'll keep hitting them.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 10:57:13 AM EDT
[#18]
I have been hitting everyone I can find.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 11:04:46 AM EDT
[#19]
My fingers are raw from hitting them.
I gotta take time to hit something else
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 11:14:19 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well in that case.

Hit.

Yes, violence is getting out of hand.   47%
No, gun control is why we are in this mess in the first place. 20%
No, people have the right to bear arms. 33%

Very clever, how they divide the pro-gun positions.

Yup, cheap/classic tactic.

To those who think the media posting results wont affect anything, I suggest they attend one of these large environmentalist/anti-war rallies and talk to the people there. You will be surprised at the amount of "followers" there that have pretty much no idea of exactly what they are fighting for (They know "of" the cause but ask the SPECIFICS and watch them squirm). People can and will be swayed by polls if they hear over and over again that a majority of the people agree on some issue. The majority can never be wrong.....................right?
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 11:21:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 11:31:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Poll hit. They put it next to that distracting pic of their womens' soccer team , but I eventually found it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 12:22:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Agreed. I would like to see a tacked thread for polls because this is another
way of getting our voices heard.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 12:54:03 PM EDT
[#24]
For the same reasons, it is important that we all vote in elections including primaries. Each of our votes count when added together.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 6:13:43 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Well in that case.

Hit it.

Yes, violence is getting out of hand. 48%
No, gun control is why we are in this mess in the first place. 21%
No, people have the right to bear arms. 31%
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top