Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/4/2012 8:57:52 AM EDT

It's been a week since my father's death and since it is the 4th of July, I think I should explain why I love the Marine Corps.

Earlier this year, a Marine came to live here. He seemed like a good guy so I was one of the folks who welcomed him to our range.  I lent him a rifle and gave him some ammo and he came over one day for a barbecue.

Anyway after my father died, my new friend sent me a text.  He asked me what he could do to help.  I asked him if he would pick me up in Edmonton at the airport.

I could not find any flights back to Fort McMurray because they were all sold out and the one remaining flight to Edmonton arrived late at night.

So my friend drove 300 miles to Edmonton and he met me at the airport at 11 pm.  Then he drove me back to Fort McMurray and we arrived at 4 am the next morning.

I also knew that the Marine Corps was a special brotherhood; however, until my friendship with this Marine,  I never fully understood the extent to which Marines are motivated by personal honor. When they say, "semper fidelis" or always faithful, they mean it.  They literally live and breathe this sacred oath.

I lost a father, but I gained a brother.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 9:00:31 AM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 9:04:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Semper fi.

Most Marines I know are stand up fellas.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 9:11:05 AM EDT
[#3]
See sig line
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 11:24:44 AM EDT
[#4]
post error
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 11:26:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u421/combatengineer1/AKs.jpg

I had my SLR106-47 making hits out to 100 meters last Sunday.  I think it would make an excellent truck gun.  No jams yet and I am approching 500 rounds.  One of my favorite AKs to shoot.

Pyle?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top