Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2014 11:58:43 AM EDT
Because she does things like this. Because she's my best friend and I can't imagine life without her. Because she's got her hands full taking care of my parents who live with us (mom had a stroke last month and my dad's got dementia and has made it a habit to argue with her about anything and everything. One of her closest friends tells her, "I don't know how you have the patience for that. I told my husband his parents can visit but there's no way I would let them live here".) I could go on and on about why after 20 years I'm more in love with her now than when we were dating, but I think you folks get what I'm trying to say.

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 12:03:46 PM EDT
Congrats, happy for you!!
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 12:04:21 PM EDT
-10 on disregarding the rules.

+20 on the wife.

Bye on posting pics(unless ya just gotta)
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 12:05:28 PM EDT

I know the feeling, OP.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 12:06:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/27/2014 12:07:31 PM EDT by Lorax]
That's lovely....

.......yet no pic of said wife. Are you sure you're not imagining all this?

j/k...good for you! Sounds like you got a great one!
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 12:07:53 PM EDT
The real question is; Would you still have posted this thread, if she wasn't also a member here?

I keeeeeeeed, I keeeeeed.

Congrats, man. Sounds like you two have a good thing going.

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 12:08:00 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Lorax:
That's lovely....

.......yet no pic of said wife. Are you sure you're not imagining all this?

j/k...good for you! Sounds like you got a great one!
View Quote

I've posted it plenty of times. Gimme a sec.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 12:08:08 PM EDT
Rules
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 12:08:46 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 12:09:21 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 12:10:47 PM EDT
Originally Posted By OnlineAllTheTime:
View Quote

I don't remember the thread, but the other day you posted something about you wanting four kids and your husband cut it off at three. You and my wife have a few things in common. She wanted three kids, but I was a dumbshit and got a vasectomy after two.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 12:11:17 PM EDT
Wow,you're lucky
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 12:14:42 PM EDT
You are truly a blessed man!!
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 12:15:42 PM EDT
Awesome.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 12:23:48 PM EDT
Thank you all for the congrats and nice words. I tell her that she's too good for me, but she disagrees.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 12:31:28 PM EDT
Are you eating oatmeal and burritos? Odd combination but glad you have good wife.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 12:34:06 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 2apatriot:
Are you eating oatmeal and burritos? Odd combination but glad you have good wife.
View Quote

Yessir. I eat anything. I'm such a pig, I've eaten a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch after drinking beer. Of course, the next day my stomach is trashed.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 12:46:32 PM EDT
Originally Posted By LinggrrLonggrr:

I don't remember the thread, but the other day you posted something about you wanting four kids and your husband cut it off at three. You and my wife have a few things in common. She wanted three kids, but I was a dumbshit and got a vasectomy after two.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Yeah, well.......I can't be too mad. I have no sense of perspective. I love being pregnant and having babies so I'd have just kept going. I needed someone sane to step in and put their foot down. I figured, we both agree that it's best for me to stay home with them so it's his call as to the financial burden he's willing to undertake.

He was happy after two as well, adjusted very quickly to the idea of our (SURPRISE!) 3rd child but that was as far as he wanted to go.

You can't really regret stuff like that because no telling the impact another child would have had on the family. I think that often when I get baby fever------we've been extremely blessed with our 3 healthy kids and there are no guarantees that rolling the dice one more time would have worked out so well, you know?

I have a hell of a lot of respect for your wife dealing with your family members. Being the primary caregiver in those situations is a huge thing.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 12:49:38 PM EDT
Right on.........are you going to eat both of those burrito looking things buddy?
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 1:04:37 PM EDT
Aww! How sweet! Four more months until our 20th anniversary. Not everything has been rainbows and unicorns, but when there is true love there's nothing that we can't get through together. You are my first and only love, and you'll be my only one until I die.

I take care of your parents because I love you. It hasn't been easy, but God gives me the strength and patience to do it.

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 1:05:26 PM EDT
Originally Posted By GaslampLJShores:
Aww! How sweet! Four more months until our 20th anniversary. Not everything has been rainbows and unicorns, but when there is true love there's nothing that we can't get through together. You are my first and only love, and you'll be my only one until I die.

I take care of your parents because I love you. It hasn't been easy, but God gives me the strength and patience to do it.

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 1:09:56 PM EDT
Good work sir!
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 1:10:08 PM EDT
Very nice.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 1:12:35 PM EDT
Originally Posted By NY_Shooter:
The real question is; Would you still have posted this thread, if she wasn't also a member here?

I keeeeeeeed, I keeeeeed.

Congrats, man. Sounds like you two have a good thing going.

View Quote

Yeah, I used to post stuff like this before she was a filthy 13er.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 1:14:19 PM EDT
Originally Posted By BigPapaColt:
Right on.........are you going to eat both of those burrito looking things buddy?
View Quote

Yep, already did. Had both burritos, the oatmeal, and a peanut butter sandwich that she made. If I'm not careful, I'll be back to 250 lbs.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 1:17:23 PM EDT
She says I'm always posting the same picture of her so she wants me to put up a different one.

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 1:18:32 PM EDT
She says I'm always posting the same picture of her so she wants me to put up a different one.

http://i.imgur.com/HaUBbgO.jpg
View Quote

What's her secret for her hair? It's gorgeous.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 1:27:00 PM EDT

View All Quotes

Thank you. She only washes her hair every other day and uses this on her hair. Every three months she gets a little trimming. She never uses a hair dryer, and hardly ever uses a hair curler/straightener.

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 1:31:24 PM EDT

Thank you. She only washes her hair every other day and uses this on her hair. Every three months she gets a little trimming. She never uses a hair dryer, and hardly ever uses a hair curler/straightener.
http://i.imgur.com/B3SB7D0.jpg

View All Quotes

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 1:34:06 PM EDT

View Quote
That's really cool, congratulations! My wife and I just had our 20th and as usual she's put up with a lot more of my idiocy than I have of hers. She's also my best friend.

Cheers!
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 1:35:12 PM EDT

Thanks!
View All Quotes

Thanks!

You're welcome.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 1:35:53 PM EDT

View Quote

based on this pic and all that she does for you and your parents she can be forgiven for serving that crap that she is trying to pass off as as food
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 1:36:35 PM EDT
Originally Posted By blkt72:
That's really cool, congratulations! My wife and I just had our 20th and as usual she's put up with a lot more of my idiocy than I have of hers. She's also my best friend.

Cheers!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By blkt72:

Cheers!

Thank you. Congrats to you as well.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 1:37:04 PM EDT
Congrats. You have chosen wisely.
Top Top