Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/7/2001 8:16:52 PM EDT
I've been stationed overseas in Germany for almost two years now - and strangely I feel safer here. I remember first arriving here at Frankfurt Rhein Main Airport right after the Millenium. My first impression of Germany was German Polizei and Customs Officials patrolling the airport with MP-5 submachine guns. Granted, the US has much more personal freedom with firearms ownership and such. This is definetly lacking here. But when it comes to security against terrorism, I feel Germany is years ahead of the US. Here, airport security thoroughly checks passengers going on flights - I once had to empty my luggage so they could check a gun cleaning kit - they already knew what it was - obviously not some amature employee being paid minimum wage for a serious job.
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 8:21:11 PM EDT
some good points about pro people doing security work at airports , but i dont want to sacrifice my freedom to feel safe!
Link Posted: 10/7/2001 8:34:52 PM EDT
I agree about not sacrificing personal freedom - but I also believe that airports, being private enterprise anyway, should be much more secure - even if all security measures were to rest on the airliners. I don't think we as Americans need to sacrifice liberties for security - that's a very dangerous concept. America's problem is that America has been asleep for too long - with our government and most of our people thinking we are untouchable. Everyone is too self-involved in their daily lives to realize a lot of people in the world hate us. Americans see war on CNN as some distant surreal thing - not realizing we piss off a lot of people every time we carpet bomb a country. If the best defense is a good offense, the American government needs to rebuild the military back to the Reagen era, citizens need to increase alertness, and fundemental rights like the 2nd Amendment need to be given back.
Top Top