Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2002 10:59:59 AM EDT
It was brought to my attention that some may have been offended, and that I came across high and mighty, and superior, in my posting.
I truly did not mean it with any malice towards anyone, I was simply stating the way I felt about how many of the threads end up around here.  I believe that, unfortunately, this was the only useful information that came out of it:
Quoted:
Godwin's Law (prov. [Usenet]):
As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups.
View Quote

Again, my applogies to anyone who was offended, and I sincerely hope that no suicide attempts resulted from my stomping on people's self esteem.
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 11:07:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 11:11:18 AM EDT
[#2]

Glad I could participate.
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 11:11:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, evidently I can't delete the damn thing anyway, lol.  I always thought that the topic starter could delete the whole thread by deleting the first post, but aparently that no longer holds true.
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 11:14:24 AM EDT
[#4]
IBTL![:D]

OR is it STLRN?

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 11:43:36 AM EDT
[#5]
You friggin thread deletin Nazi.
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 11:52:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Your momma wears army boots.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top