Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2003 3:43:47 PM EDT
The US has many high ranking Iraqis and thousands of captured soldiers in custody.  Surely the US has been interrogating them, trying to broker deals with them, beating them until they die (oops), but not a single one has sold out and squelled after two months.  Why Not?
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 5:13:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 5:16:12 PM EDT
[#2]
That is a question that has gone through my mind many, many times.

As an armchair interrogator, I think I would polygraph the lot of them until I could determine which one of them knew where the WMDs are located.  Once I knew which ones knew, I would tell them that it was time to turn them over to the Iraqi people to face justice for their crimes.  

"From what I understand, the honorable Shiite judge, "Hanging Mohammed", from Basra has been petitioning us for your release.  I really don't envy being in your position.  The last fella we released to him was convicted and met a reaaaaallly hideous death.  Maybe you can tell what happened to him.  I can't.  It was really an odd execution.  Who would have known that it would have taken over nine hours for that guy to die?  Wow, that has to be a record of something. Those Shiites SURE as mad though.  Oh well, I'm sure you'll be able to defend your actions to them.  Good luck.  Bye."

"What?  Well, we have to release you to them.  We really don't have anything to hold you on.  The only way we could prosecute you in a non-Iraqi court would be if you were involved in WMD development.  I understand that the prisons at the Hague are really pretty good.  But, enough about that.  What I need you to do is to sign this release document so we can hand you over to those gentlemen over there.  Unless, you would rather draw a map on the back of it instead."

"Choice is yours.  Doesn't matter to me.  We have a lot of you guys.  First one who sings gets a good deal.  The other's might not fare so well. "
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 9:18:30 PM EDT
[#3]
They don't have the voltage adjusted just right.  Too high and they vapor lock on you, too low and you just give them a thrill.  About 50 volts works well.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 9:38:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I Agree
Why isn't anyone talking?
What happened to our intel?
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 9:59:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Its hard to say what you don't know.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 10:04:04 PM EDT
[#6]
[url]http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&edition=usa&q=weapons+iraq[/url]

Iraq's arms: the weapons of mass deception?
Taipei Times, Taiwan - 1 hour ago

Were Facts Rigged For War? - New London Day
      Sceptics up in arms - Advertiser
      NapaNet Daily News - Common Dreams -

Was Intelligence On Weapons Of Mass Destruction Exaggerated?
KBCI, ID - 1 hour ago

The US has come up empty in the hunt for weapons and leaked defense reports last
September said there is "No reliable information on Iraq's chemical weapons,"

Under-Fire President Waters Down Claims on Iraqi Weapons - Common Dreams

Bush says he's confident weapons will be found - Charlotte Observer

Blix to retire as chief UN weapons inspector
WIS, SC - 1 hour ago
(United Nations-AP) June 10, 2003 -- The UN's chief weapons inspector refuses
to gloat, but Hans Blix says maybe Iraq had no weapons of mass destruction. ...
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 10:09:16 PM EDT
[#7]
What wasn't smuggled out was destroyed.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/printedition/220403/detFOR01.shtml

‘WMD destroyed days before war’  
Baghdad, April 21
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A scientist who claims to have worked in Iraq's chemical weapons program for more than a decade has told an American military team that Iraq destroyed chemical weapons and biological warfare equipment only days before the war began, members of the team said.
They said the scientist led Americans to a supply of material that proved to be the building blocks of illegal weapons, which he claimed to have buried as evidence of Iraq's illicit weapons programs.

The scientist also told American weapons experts that Iraq had secretly sent unconventional weapons and technology to Syria, starting in the mid-1990's, and that more recently Iraq was cooperating with Al Qaeda, the military officials said.

The Americans said the scientist told them that President Saddam Hussein's government had destroyed some stockpiles of deadly agents as early as the mid-1990's, transferred others to Syria, and had recently focussed its efforts instead on research and development projects that are virtually impervious to detection by international inspectors, and even American forces on the ground combing through Iraq's giant weapons plants.

An American military team hunting for unconventional weapons in Iraq, the Mobile Exploitation Team Alpha, or MET Alpha, which found the scientist, declined to identify him, saying they feared he might be subjected to reprisals. But they said that they considered him credible and that the material unearthed over the last three days at sites to which he led them had proved to be precursors for a toxic agent banned by chemical weapons treaties.

The officials' account of the scientist's assertions and the discovery of the buried material, which they described as the most important discovery to date in the hunt for illegal weapons, supports the Bush administration's charges that Iraq continued to develop those weapons and lied to the United Nations about it. Finding and destroying illegal weapons was a major justification for the war.

The officials' accounts also provided an explanation for why United States forces had not yet turned up banned weapons in Iraq. The failure to find such weapons has become a political issue in Washington.

Military spokesmen at the Pentagon and at Central Command headquarters in Doha, Qatar, said they could not confirm that an Iraqi scientist was providing American forces with new information.

Military officials said the scientist told them that four days before Bush gave Hussein 48 hours to leave Iraq or face war, Iraqi officials set fire to a warehouse where biological weapons research and development was conducted.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top