Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/27/2014 11:35:40 AM EDT
After reading some liberal garbage on Ferguson I had a thought, why do humans as a whole believe that humans deserve life? In the grand scheme of things one's life does not have much effect on anything. For example if Hitler were killed sooner someone else would have risen to power and done the same shit. Or in the case of Brown, why do people feel that everybody, including people such as Brown that do not contribute anything positive to society, have the right to life? Just like freedom life isn't free.

TL/DR Why do people feel like everybody deserves to live.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:52:00 AM EDT
[#1]
In for the train wreck.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:53:11 AM EDT
[#2]
What a thought provoking topic, BadCaseOfHerpes.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:54:12 AM EDT
[#3]
They don't. Of course, saying that people don't "deserve" to live, isn't the same as saying it's okay to be killing them all willy-nilly.

Deserves's got nothin' to do with it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:57:17 AM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:58:04 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

After reading some liberal garbage on Ferguson I had a thought, why do humans as a whole believe that humans deserve life? In the grand scheme of things one's life does not have much effect on anything. For example if Hitler were killed sooner someone else would have risen to power and done the same shit. Or in the case of Brown, why do people feel that everybody, including people such as Brown that do not contribute anything positive to society, have the right to life? Just like freedom life isn't free.

View Quote
One's life means nothing?  So I'm guessing you are in a mad rush to kill yourself?

From the Christian world view, human life is intrinsically valuable because it is made in the image of God.

From the Darwinist, I would say life is valuable because it furthers the species survival.  

In either philosophy, however, there are behaviors which, while not declaring one's life has no value, do declare that one's life must come to an end.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:58:19 AM EDT
[#6]
That wouldn't lead to a slippery slope of mass killings now would it?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:59:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
One's life means nothing?  So I'm guessing you are in a mad rush to kill yourself?  

From the Christian world view, human live is intrinsically valuable because it is made in the image of God.

From the Darwinist, I would say live is valuable because it furthers the species survival.  

In either philosophy, however, there are behaviors which, while not declaring one's life has no value, do declare that one's life must come to an end.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From the Christian world view, human live is intrinsically valuable because it is made in the image of God.

From the Darwinist, I would say live is valuable because it furthers the species survival.  

This!  True statement.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:59:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Deserves got nothing to do with it
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:02:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What a thought provoking topic, BadCaseOfHerpes.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:04:23 PM EDT
[#10]
to the OP

you see chaos in the human world.  Yup it is there.  All sorts of shit

look at mother nature for true chaos.  Even more wild ass shit that could be questioned as well.

our entire universe is chaos.  We don't realize just how lucky we truly are
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:04:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Derp
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:05:27 PM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:05:47 PM EDT
[#13]

It's Thanksgiving, go be thankful about something.

We're given life to give glory to God, so yes you do deserve to live, life is a precious gift.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:06:39 PM EDT
[#14]
We have a Devine gift to live. Some earn and deserve death by squandering that gift.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:22:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Becase not all are 14'ers
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:30:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks op now my brain has AIDS.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:32:28 PM EDT
[#17]

My first thought.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:35:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Why don't you list the reasons YOU deserve to live OP?

I'll bet that most of those reasons will apply to everybody.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:41:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Because humans make the rules.

It's simple self-preservation, murder is illegal because people don't want to be murdered.

Your right to life means nothing to a bear.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:42:28 PM EDT
[#20]
I was thinking about this recently.

Not if people deserve to live - but how much of other people's money does someone deserve to keep them alive.

A relative recently had a medical issue that took about $1M to fix. They had great insurance so it didn't cost them much out of pocket.

But what if someone else, without insurance, had the same problem? Do they deserve a million of tax payer's money to keep them alive?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:43:19 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:44:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Your post gave me herpes.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:44:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Are you bad at parties?

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:45:32 PM EDT
[#24]

Brown's life had a lot of value in teaching how not to act with the police.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:45:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not everybody does deserve to live.  Michael Brown is one such case.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:46:25 PM EDT
[#26]
You're either 12 or have some condition from birth that precludes you from having a job that doesn't involve fries or shopping carts.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:48:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

From the Christian world view, human life is intrinsically valuable because it is made in the image of God.

From the Darwinist, I would say life is valuable because it furthers the species survival.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well said!!
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:48:41 PM EDT
[#28]

Do you enjoy movies about serial killers?

More to the point--do you feel "bummed out" and let down when they finally get caught?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:50:07 PM EDT
[#29]
- You're born
- Your life belongs to you
- You can do what you want with it, so long as you don't violate anyone, else all bets are off
- Your life has whatever value you ascribe and impart to it. It's no one else's place to do that with regard to you. (Theirs belongs to them)
- At the end of it, you die
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:56:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Why do I get the feeling OP just got high for the first time?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:28:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I was thinking about this recently.

Not if people deserve to live - but how much of other people's money does someone deserve to keep them alive.

A relative recently had a medical issue that took about $1M to fix. They had great insurance so it didn't cost them much out of pocket.

But what if someone else, without insurance, had the same problem? Do they deserve a million of tax payer's money to keep them alive?
View Quote

Great scenario here
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:29:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:30:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Sorry, you'll have to do more than this to beat the thirteeners.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:30:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

This!  True statement.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This!  True statement.

Interesting, in darwinism i don't know if id say life is precious as much as if you didn't fight to survive your gene pool is eliminated.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:32:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Interesting topic.

OP, please report to Carousel.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:34:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

OP is in the military, getting high is not on his priority list. I just can't  wrap my head around why liberals believe Brown had every right to live, when the reality of the situation is he was a useless piece of shit.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:36:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
to the OP

you see chaos in the human world.  Yup it is there.  All sorts of shit

look at mother nature for true chaos.  Even more wild ass shit that could be questioned as well.

our entire universe is chaos.  We don't realize just how lucky we truly are
View Quote

I agree with you, I also believe that any species that was/would have eventually come to be somewhere in the universe would feel/have felt the same way.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:37:35 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View Quote
I gunna go with this...

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:37:58 PM EDT
[#39]
BadCaseofDerpes.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:38:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

It's Thanksgiving, go be thankful about something.

We're given life to give glory to God, so yes you do deserve to live, life is a precious gift.

View Quote

From a religious standpoint it is an easy topic. I want the psychological reasons, and sorry Thanksgiving was yesterday here, not trying to ruin yours today.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:39:32 PM EDT
[#41]
LOL
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:40:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:40:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

I can not think of many. I don't believe in deserving to live I believe in darwinism, aka surviving.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:41:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I gunna go with this...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I gunna go with this...

Kind of an ironic reply givin your sig line.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:42:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Op needs to find a woman.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:49:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Op needs to find a woman.
View Quote

Op is married an stationed in South Korea on a dependent restricted tour.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:51:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
You're either 12 or have some condition from birth that precludes you from having a job that doesn't involve fries or shopping carts.
View Quote

I giggled.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:51:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
BadCaseofDerpes.
View Quote

I giggled again.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:52:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Actions speak louder than words.  You first.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:54:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Um. Huh.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top