Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2002 12:41:51 PM EDT
[url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,59875,00.html[/url]

Al & Tipper Wouldn't Pony Up for the Boss

Tickets to Bruce Springsteen's tour are pretty hot stuff. They're hard to get, but they're not too expensive at $77 — compared to recent Paul McCartney and Prince shows. But not everyone wants to pay for them.

Take, for example, former Vice President Al Gore and his lovely wife, Tipper. Sources close to them and to Springsteen tell me Tipper tried to get free tickets to the Springsteen show for the entire Gore staff. When that didn't work, and she was told even paid admission would be hard to come by, the ex-second lady persisted.

"They wound up being offered four," says my source. "But when they were asked to pay $75 apiece, they said forget it. And you know, that's why Gore isn't president, in a nutshell."
View Quote

Cheapskates!
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 12:50:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,59875,00.html[/url]

Al & Tipper Wouldn't Pony Up for the Boss

Tickets to Bruce Springsteen's tour are pretty hot stuff. They're hard to get, but they're not too expensive at $77 — compared to recent Paul McCartney and Prince shows. But not everyone wants to pay for them.

Take, for example, former Vice President Al Gore and his lovely wife, Tipper. Sources close to them and to Springsteen tell me Tipper tried to get free tickets to the Springsteen show for the entire Gore staff. When that didn't work, and she was told even paid admission would be hard to come by, the ex-second lady persisted.

"They wound up being offered four," says my source. "But when they were asked to pay $75 apiece, they said forget it. And you know, that's why Gore isn't president, in a nutshell."
View Quote

Cheapskates!
View Quote

Ha ha!  Marilyn Manson or Ozzy should send her free tickets to their shows.  That would be a hoot!  Remember, Tipper Gore was the driving force behind the "Parental Advisory" stickers on music and also tried to get some laws passed to protect the children from bad ideas in music (this is going back almost 10 years).

-Nick Viejo
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 10:24:27 PM EDT
[#2]
As I hop around the net & dump on liberals, it's SO GD funny to see them speechless when they whine about Bush "stealing" the elecetion & I ask them why Gore lost TN?

Gore had never lost an election in TN before, at all. Yet Bush basically whipped his ass in Gore's own "backyard". However, since Gore had never gone to school here in TN it is debatable how much of a "home" state TN is for him.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top