Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/3/2009 9:15:26 PM EDT
I've been into the Knob Creek and trying to write some C/C++ code for a game (MUD for the old-schoolers out there).  Here's the result (the > is the command prompt in the program)

i151 > autoassist
ä
¥qà
¥qt¥q8¥q4¥q0¥q(¥q$¥q ¥q¥q

¥q¥qœ¥q¤¥q¸lp¨që

i151 >

I have no idea what I did or how to fix it.  I think it's time to stop programming while intoxicated.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:16:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:18:56 PM EDT
[#2]
ETA - well fuck beat by a couple of minutes.

Work your ballmer peak...

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:23:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

From experience, it works!

ETA: I'm always up to look at some C (or C++, I guess) code. Paste away.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:25:15 PM EDT
[#4]

I knew there was a point while drinking when i was better than sober, i also know it comes and goes very fast.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:36:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Too drunk to know where to begin.  It's spread across 5 files or more.  I'm trying to combine 3 different MUD codebases, Circle 3.0, tbaMUD 3.57 and tbaMUD 3.6.  I'll have to see what tomorrow brings when I'm more clear-headed.  Other than the funky text I *think* it works.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:39:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Too drunk to know where to begin.  It's spread across 5 files or more.  I'm trying to combine 3 different MUD codebases, Circle 3.0, tbaMUD 3.57 and tbaMUD 3.6.  I'll have to see what tomorrow brings when I'm more clear-headed.  Other than the funky text I *think* it works.

Shit son, I worked on Circle 3.0 back in the day.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:47:05 PM EDT
[#7]
ran a merc/diku mud (first named nitemare, then renamed arcane nites so it would show up in the A section of mud connector :) ) while in college (its still running, i'm just not involved anymore, but my name's still on the login ascii art!

when shit like that shows up in the terminal, you probably output a control character and changed code pages or something.   there's a way to reset it, but i can't remember what it is!
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:48:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Try Python, hell even that is almost impossible to screw up drunk :)  

If you want a good way to make yourself ill for a few days, try writing a calculator in 8086 assembly after drinking about half a bottle of Goldschlager....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top