Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2004 6:30:18 PM EDT
Why are the police leaders still pushing the AWB? I just saw the assistant chief of police for Austin on Fox News at 9 lamenting the death of the AWB. Don't they get it? Criminals don't care. You would think that they would get the message that this is for the good guys.

Maybe if they would not wear all black uniforms (gestapo reference) they could get it through their heads that they serve the public. I apologize in advance for the LEOs on our side, but my mom always told me that you would be judged, fairly or not, by the company that you keep.

This guy is an asshat.

96Ag

p.s. The highlight of the piece was the owner of Sportmans Finest saying there have been no drive by bayonettings.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:31:48 PM EDT
[#1]
probably because LE, like 99% of the people, don't really understand what the AWB covers.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:52:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Why are the police leaders still pushing the AWB? I just saw the assistant chief of police for Austin on Fox News at 9 lamenting the death of the AWB. Don't they get it? Criminals don't care. You would think that they would get the message that this is for the good guys.

Maybe if they would not wear all black uniforms (gestapo reference) they could get it through their heads that they serve the public. I apologize in advance for the LEOs on our side, but my mom always told me that you would be judged, fairly or not, by the company that you keep.

This guy is an asshat.

96Ag

p.s. The highlight of the piece was the owner of Sportmans Finest saying there have been no drive by bayonettings.

First of all, as most of the LEO's here have continually pointed pout, high ranking "police officials" are only cops in name.  They are politicians, they are saying what they think the public and media wants to hear.  They are very far removed from the officer on the street.  Second like McGrubbs points out, they probably don't actually know what the law says, and probably don't care. Again the politics of it comes into play and they will tow the montra of the "Cop Killer gun" crap.  Third (donning flame suit) the Gestapo thing is a cheap shot.  

Brief history lesson  the real Gestapo (which is an accronym for Geheime Staatspolizei or Secret State Police) didn't wear uniforms. They were plain clothes operatives that would watch you after you had brought attention to yourself or were reported by a nosey neighbor for something that was deemed politically incorrect, ie you said or did something against the government.  Then you would simply disappear one day when they came to question you.  The guys who wore the black uniforms were Algemein-SS.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:55:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I have three very close friends that are police officers.  They couldn't care less about the AWB.  Their big complaint is the court system.  They arrest the same scumbags for the same shit all the time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top