Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:58:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, too bad I can't get in there.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:04:50 AM EDT
[#3]
No.  I'm just kidding.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:36:28 AM EDT
[#4]
www.gopconvention.com/cgi-data/speeches/files/oi07hf896nd7in9fr129gu4t5jv74i7m.shtml

Although it is different from what I read last night?

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:47:14 AM EDT
[#5]

Last night, Mayor Giuliani and Senator McCain outlined President Bush’s clear and precise vision for combating global terror – and unlike the gathering in Boston last month, it consisted of more than just repeating the same word hundreds of times. Senator McCain’s speech featured a robust defense of liberating Iraq, and a clear warning against the inaction that clouded our thinking before September 11, 2001:
But Mr. McCain offered a spirited and detailed defense of Mr. Bush's invasion of Iraq, an issue that polls suggest has contributed greatly to growing doubts about his presidency. He said that Mr. Bush's aggressive foreign policy was required at a time when the United States was confronting the threat of chemical, nuclear or biological terror on its own soil.
"Our choice wasn't between a benign status quo and the bloodshed of war,'' Mr. McCain said. ''It was between war and a graver threat. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Not our critics abroad. Not our political opponents. And certainly not a disingenuous filmmaker who would have us believe that Saddam's Iraq was an oasis of peace, when in fact it was a place of indescribable cruelty, torture chambers, mass graves."
After months of attacks and insults from the other side, the American people are realizing what’s really at stake in this election and who can be trusted to manage the nation’s security. A new Washington Post/ABC News poll shows the President surging a net 18 points in a month on who can be trusted to lead our military.
For a number of the speakers from the podium this time, this November will be the first time they ever cast their presidential ballot for a Republican. Actor Ron Silver joins former New York City Mayor Ed Koch and Senator Zell Miller, and he addressed the Convention yesterday:
"Even though I'm a well-recognized liberal on many issues confronting our society today," Silver told delegates to the Republican National Convention, "I find it ironic that many human rights activists and outspoken members of my own entertainment community are often on the front lines to protest repression, for which I applaud them, but they're usually the first ones to oppose any use of force to take care of these horrors that they catalog repeatedly."
Silver's speech was a brief but ringing defense of President Bush's response to the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11. "The president is doing exactly the right thing," thundered Silver, a Tony winner for "Speed-the-Plow" and star of films such as "Reversal of Fortune" and "Enemies: A Love Story."

BigDozer66
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top