Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2006 7:13:23 PM EDT
So The WALMART her in Pensacola on Creighton stopped selling guns and hides the ammo, who else's quit or has the BIG orange signs with when they will quit?
Let's try to compose some info and find out if they are keeping their word on only discontinuing sales by regions of selling points or just all together.
I remember the NRA ran a article in one Rifleman, maybe we can get enough info for them to run another.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 7:16:11 PM EDT
[#1]
The Walmart in Wallingford, CT has stopped selling guns except for a few blackpowders. It's been about 2 months now.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 7:22:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I got two of the super walmarts in my town, the one on the east side quit selling firearms and cut back on ammo, the one on the west side still sells them, but its a pain in the ass finding counter help.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 7:23:18 PM EDT
[#3]
mine still sells firearms and ammo. They jsut started selling reloading equipment too!
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 7:27:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Fuck Walmart.  Support your local gunshops/sporting goods stores.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 7:29:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Inver Grove Heights Minnesota- guns no longer sold in the store, and ammo is hidden behind the counter
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 7:32:19 PM EDT
[#6]
At least 2 in my area have. They sent them to another one in a more populated area. I was told that they are phasing them out and within  a few years they will all stop selling them.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 7:32:47 PM EDT
[#7]
The WalMart in Payson Arizona stopped also. Right in the rural hunting region of the state where hunting and fishings is as traditional as Mom and apple pie. Go figure.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 7:40:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I noticed Sunday that the one in Norwalk, CT removed gun-related stuff.  Fuck 'em.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 7:42:07 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm Definetely believing WALMART WILL NOT keep good on their promise to keep selling based on volume, I believe that soon it will just be another KMART, SAD.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 7:42:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Everybody shop at K-Mart. Kidding, i dont know what i would do without wally world.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 7:43:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Everybody shop at K-Mart.

They stopped selling guns and ammo years ago, at least the last one that is still open did.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 7:44:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Kmart here has guns and ammo, not much selection but they have it. Both Walmarts stopped selling guns but still have a lot of ammo.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 8:03:45 PM EDT
[#13]
They built a brand new supercenter in Colby, Kansas, America and took out the gun section.  It has been open for about 7 months and I have only been in once and will never set foot in again.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 8:08:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Suffern Ny stopped about a year ago.. Ridiculous
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 8:09:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Our local ghetto Walmart has no more guns, but still has ammo.  In fact, the woman at the counter told me a few years ago that they sold 1 gun a month, on average.  

The Walmarts in the exurbs still sell guns...lots of them.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 8:15:51 PM EDT
[#16]
The Wal-mart near me is right next to an Academy Sports & Outdoors. The Academy has more guns and a much better selection of ammo. So to answer your question I have no idea if the Wal-mart stopped selling guns.

ETA: In many small towns I've seen the small local gunstore got run out of business when Wal-mart came to town. If Wal-mart plans on ending all gun sales in the future then I guess the small gunshops will come back.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 8:24:54 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
mine still sells firearms and ammo. They have sold selling reloading equipment for at least 3 yrs!

+1

Chris
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 8:26:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Walmarts' in New Jersey never sold any guns at all. (at least not the ones in central Jersey) No ammo either.  They do sell hunting gear and licenses though.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 8:26:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Ours did post Katrina. They also went from 24 hrs to 6-9 when SHTF. Now that it's calmed down they close at 12. Ammo aside, the only reason I had to set foot into Wal-Mart was for the ability to grocery shop after midnight so I didn't have to look at anybody. Now that that's over with they can go to hell

- Their selection on "good" food sucks.
- Their produce sucks and costs as much as the snobby grocery store
- There are more suspect aliens there than there are on a construction crew in S Texas
- The fucking hood rats monopolize the lines, 3 carts per gaggle trying to pass off expired/competitor's coupons

Remember what we "Americans" used to think of K-mart (before they cleaned up their image and then fucked up again)? That's EXACTLY what we need to do w. Ghetto world.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top