Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2001 7:41:08 PM EDT
Any information on these guys in Central Islip, NY.  I have seen there ad in Shotgun News, they seem to have good prices on STG 58s and L1A1s built on Imbel receiers.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 4:37:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I ordered a couple thousand rounds of Israeli .308 from them a couple of years ago.  After a couple rounds exploded in my like-new Springfield M1A, I called them to complain.  Guy tried to tell me it was the headspacing in my rifle, not their ammo.  After I laboriously explained to him why that wasn't possible given the nature of the case failure, he grudgingly decided to refund my money and half the return shipping.  I was out about a hundred bucks and two M1A magazines.  They didn't stop selling that ammo, either.  Won't do business with them again.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 5:55:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Watch these guy's!!!

They are the type of store to go in and out no small talk. If you know what you want buy it and get out. Keep your mouth shut and leave. Don't buy something and think if I don't like it I will return it. Not like that. I go into the store when I am in the area and they have a lot of good stuff. I have bought a lot of stuff from them. They are not bad guy's they just lack the so called bedside maner. If you know what you want buy it, but if you are not sure pass on it.
I buy the british .308 radway green from them. Good deal and great ammo. .223 gold medal match a good price also. AR mags I think are hi. 35 dollars for a beat up 30 ok manufacture.
Just be wise with your purchase and you will be fine with them.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 6:08:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a SAR1 from them. Excellent rifle and service in my case. Be cautious. My experience is limited with this co. I personally would not hesitate to order from them again. If I do, I will take Lougotzz and Sparky315 suggestions and experience to heart and ask about there return policy, etc.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 6:13:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 6:18:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 7:23:10 AM EDT
[#6]
I picked up a Century L1A1 for $200 sight unseen... the dealer that had it said it was so rusted up inside he couldn't even field strip it.  I took it anyway.

When it arrived, a couple of hits with a mallet opened it up.  Guess what?  No rust... just poorly fit upper/lower.  A little filing and it comes apart fine.  Everything else looked good.  

Took the rifle out to the range and it functioned perfectly.  Once that was confirmed I refinished it with Brownells black teflon/moly.  Now it looks too good to shoot!  

Century rifles should be $399 today, shipping included, according to a post I read elsewhere.

(that's it below the National Arms preban)
  [IMG]http://photos.onebigvillage.com/pubimage.asp?id_=27864[/IMG]

Link Posted: 7/25/2001 8:06:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Don't do business with these people.

Ordered a like new, "mirror bore" m-39 finnish mosin nagant.  The barrel was extremely dirty and there was some pitting.  The state of the bbl was pretty damn obvious to anyone who would have bothered to look through it.

Also they lied to me about when the gun was going to be shipped out, they told me friday but by the UPS records it was tuesday.  They even told me that when I called on wednesday ( after I had checked the ups record ).  

There are plenty of people on the web selling the same stuff as them.  Do not waste your time or money.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 8:55:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Wholesale = Burns Brothers.

Do a search here, AK-47.net and L1A1.com for that name.

AFARR
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 1:11:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Where else can I get an SAR-1 for the prices they have?
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 4:07:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Wholesale = Burns Brothers.

Do a search here, AK-47.net and L1A1.com for that name.

AFARR
View Quote

You are 100% correct they are burns bros.

I told you guys in my last post. I go into their store,I see these people face to face. I have heard the arguments from the customers as I was browsing. Take my advice from my last post.
Do like I do. know what I want and in and out. Nothing less nothing more. I think they like it that way also. Be cool I gave you first hand advice.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 4:26:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Like Lougotzz I shop there too every now and then...cut me some slack, I live less than 5 minutes away!

Anyhow their personal customer service is iffy, sometimes they ignore you, sometimes you are the customer of the month. Go figure, and here I am trying to spend some cash in their joint. I always heard that a happy customer is a repeat customer..........  

Good Luck.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 4:31:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Has anyone bought one of their Sten MKIII parts kits?  They supose to be in very good condition.

OSA
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 4:40:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 4:40:03 PM EDT
[#14]
i have ordered 15 turk mausers and one cz-75. I ordered 5 at a time withfree shipping. The first 2 lots were good, well the third lot i made the mistake off order 1 hand select for $7 more. The hand select looked like new but the other rifles were very rusted and pitted. I didn't call them up but should have sent some back. I was  buying them for the actions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top